Worst role ideas?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:20 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Fritzer's favorate role
: You may daykill up to 3 people by saying
kill:person's name
in the thread during the day. You can only use this ability on day 1, within the first 5 pages of the game; any kills that have not been used by that point are lost.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:33 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

HackerHuck wrote:
False Messiah

The first time the mafia puts an FOS or vote on you, you're lynched.

After your death, you become the acting mod. Since you don't have the mod's notes, you can only play based on what you've learned from the game and any night action PMs you get.

If anyone in the town figures out that you don't know what you're talking about - by passing you an incorrect night action, calling out some rule you failed to enforce, or voting for you, then you suffer a fall from grace and the real mod takes back over.
That would be really funny, but random voting kinda kills it.
#greenshirtthursdays
Elephant Hell
Elephant Hell
Townie
Elephant Hell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:51 am

Post by Elephant Hell »

GreenLiquid wrote:Maybe there could be a Lights Out 1 like win condition that requires you to be alive to win.
I recently died in a game with this kind of win condition. 'Tis
evil

Anyways:
Suicidal Lovers
- well, one of them is suicidal and wins if the two die. The other wins if they both survive. Possibly with some sort of condition where if either of them dies of grief the suicidal lover can't win.
Suicide Cult Leader

Each Night he recruits a new player. Every Night he has to kill off one of his own cultists.
However you cannot recruit and kill the same person at the same time.
You win when the cult is in the majority.
I actually used that role in one of my games with a few changes...
I had a similar idea called the
Suicide Pact
, essentially a Cult. If the current
Suicide Pact Leader
dies then their ability to recruit is passed on to the oldest living
Suicide Pact Member
(i.e. the one who has been recruited for the longest period of time). Recruitment is mandatory and if the current leader fails to send in a target for recruitment each night the entire Suicide Pact is modkilled. The Suicide Pact can only win if all members die (although they lose if they die to the aforementioned modkill or if they get endgamed).
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:53 am

Post by mith »

mole wrote:That's what I said.
Touché.

die suck scum.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:28 am

Post by IH »

you are a vanilla townie

<.<;;;

even better

you are a vanilla mafia
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Rainbow Brite
Rainbow Brite
Flexible
Rainbow Brite
Flexible
Flexible

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:14 pm

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Some of my favourite "bad" roles.... let me dredge up the role PMs:
You are Baron Munchausen, Townie Pathological Liar. You are a simple nobleman, with no particular talent - you have no night abilities.

But you could do all sorts of amazing deeds, if only the cards you had been dealt were slightly different. If only... if only you were someone else, someone like Spartacus, then you could do anything!

You may, at any point, roleclaim Spartacus and any combination of the following roles: cop, doctor, inventor, and recruiting mason. If you do, you gain those abilities from that point forth.

If you claim cop, you may investigate one person each night, and you will receive either an innocent or a guilty result.

If you claim doctor, you may protect one person each night other than yourself, and this will prevent a nightkill against that player (if the player is targetted by more than one nightkill, you only prevent one of them)

If you claim inventor, you may invent one device each night and give it to a player of your choosing other than yourself. You can stipulate what the device is and what it does. However if I deem the device to be too powerful I will modify it so as to be a reasonable power level.

If you claim recruiting mason, you may target one player each night, and from that point onwards you and your recruits will be able to talk at night. The player will be informed of joining your masonry in the morning, and will be allowed to talk with you from the following night.

You will only gain the abilities you claim in the post where you first claim Spartacus. If you claim multiple abilities, you may use each of them evey night. If you claim further abilities in a later post, this does nothing.

HOWEVER - if you suggest or confirm that the process of claiming Spartacus grants abilities, regardless of whether you have claimed Spartacus or not, you will be modkilled. If you later claim anything other than Spartacus, or suggest or confirm that you are not actually Spartacus, then you will be modkilled. I will be harsh on this, you have been warned. If you are not sure what you can or cannot say, then
ask me via PM. Please note that I do not consider this cheating, and it may be used legitimately as a deliberate tactic if you wish.

You win when all non-town players are dead and at least one town player is still alive.
You are Wolverine, Townie Invincible Vigilante. Your mutant healing power means that you can regenerate through any nightkill or lynch attempt faster than they can kill you, and your razor-sharp Adamantium claws can slice through pretty much anyone you need out of your way. Plus, you're cooler than Spiderman.

Except, of course, that you're having a bad week. You went jogging on Tuesday and got caught in the rain. Now, not only have you contracted some mutant 'flu - which has your healing factor working overtime (you're OK to be out of bed, but you don't have the constitution to survive more of a battering - you're not quite as invincible as you used to be), but your claws got wet and have rusted shut (meaning you can't really slice anyone to bits right at the moment). So, it's probably more accurate to say you're just plain Wolverine, Townie.

But you're still cooler than Spiderman.

You win when all non-town players are dead and at least one town player is still alive.
You are the White Rabbit, Neutral. You're late. Very late. You're not going to make the game until, oh, at least the beginning of day 3 (until this point, you will not show up as being a player). As for what you want to achieve - well, really, you just don't want your head chopped off. You win if you are still alive at the end of the game (this does not interfere with other win conditions, who see you as sharing their alignment as far as victory condtions are concerned).
But those are mild compared to the ultimate worst role ever:
Estel

You are Estel. It's only a matter of time before you implode spectacularly in a shower of attention-whoring hilarity. You don't take sides, and you can't win.
I modkilled that player about three RL days into day 1.

That's on a par with a role my brother designed which was vanilla townie except they died when anyone quoted them.
hey, a sig!
Cubsfan4ever
Cubsfan4ever
Goon
Cubsfan4ever
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:19 pm

Post by Cubsfan4ever »

any win condition that doesn't involve your side wiping out the other side is dumb and has no place in mafia
Unban me please

At the very least, at least respond to my unanswered PMs mith.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:20 pm

Post by IH »

XDXDXDXD I wish I could be estel.
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:27 pm

Post by Fircoal »

I have some roles that I might want to make into a game later, so I wouldn't want to post them but heres one.

Suicider:
You can do 2 cop investagations, 2 doctor heals, and steal 2 items from 2 people. But you only have 12 RL hours in the mafia game to tell the town before you commit suicide.
Fircoal strikes me more like an awful fake claim that gets you lynched in under 25 posts. - Kelly Chen
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:33 pm

Post by IH »

Chrono Mage

For each night/day phase you have three choices. If you use your day powers, you can't do anything at night. You may only use one night action.

Day power 1:You immediately fast forward the game to night, and the player with the most votes on them automatically dies.

Day power 2:Impose a deadline on the players

Night Power 1:Choose one player to suddenly cut the sands of time, effectively killing them.

Night power 2:To slow time down for one player the whole night, effectively stopping them from using their role.

Night power 3:End the night immediately

Night Power 4:Set a time warp around you that freezes all players targeting you. They are revealed publicly the next morning with their actions, and effectively stopping them from doing it to you (Even role blockers)
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:27 pm

Post by Trojan Horse »

There's always the role that Amb jokingly said he might add to his Cop Mafia game on the GL. Check out post 18 in this thread. Here's what the PM might look like:
Moderator wrote:You are an Omnipotent Role Townie! You have the abilities of a cop, doc, roleblocker, vig, tracker, and double voter. You can also shoot laser beams out of your rear end, and you can use any other abilities you can think of. Have fun!

Oh, one thing you should know: your abilities are limited in a couple of ways. First, you may make choices at night only if you were voting for the person who was lynched the preceding day. Second, you are completely post restricted; you may not post at all. Which, of course, means that you cannot vote for anyone, thus you cannot make any night choices. In fact, you cannot do anything in this game at all. Have fun!

Oh, you win when all non-town players are dead, if you still care.
Elephant Hell
Elephant Hell
Townie
Elephant Hell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:21 pm

Post by Elephant Hell »

You are the
Blind, Deaf, Mute, Comatose and Fully Paralyzed Terminal Cancer Victim
. You win no matter what happens, but everyone will be really patronising about it.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:27 pm

You are the
Horny 13-year-old Male
. You have an incredible urge to masturbate, and therefore you must do this every night that you can (PM the mod to tell him that you are spending the night in this way). However, your religious mummy always told you that every time you masturbate, Mod kills a townie. She was right.

You win with the town.
#greenshirtthursdays
Rainbow Brite
Rainbow Brite
Flexible
Rainbow Brite
Flexible
Flexible

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:36 pm

Post by Rainbow Brite »

random
town-aligned overeager vig? that's brutal. correct way to play that one is to get lynched day 1.
hey, a sig!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:37 pm

Post by Glork »

Not just random. It kills a random
Townie
. No chance of hitting scum == you want to be dead before night hits.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:39 pm

How about an SK Trainer who think's he's recruiting Masons?
#greenshirtthursdays
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:07 am

Post by mith »

Horny 13-year-old Male clearly just needs a
Girlfriend
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:14 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Yes, you should put that in his role PM. That way he has some incentive not to kill himself off the first chance he gets.

In ScumChat I had a role wherein I only entered the game Day 3, much like the one Brite mentioned. I did have some useful powers, but the game never reached Day 3 because the scum were kinda sucky. (I believe I was Megassiah, the third coming of Christ, but I might have been the fourth, not sure.)
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:18 am

Post by IH »

Fritz

You may only place the hammah vote. If you place any other vote, you cannot move it until he reaches zero votes, or 1 (Your vote). You win with whoever you feel like.
Ghyrt
Ghyrt
Goon
Ghyrt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:25 am

Post by Ghyrt »

You are the
Anti-social Jester

You have no night abilities or day abilities. Because you absolutely hate talking to people, you are not allowed to post. You place no value on life and wish you were dead, but won't rest until everyone has died first. You win if you are the last player standing and lynch yourself.
[i]"Rolling in the muck is not the best way of getting clean."
---Aldous Huxley[/i]
Elephant Hell
Elephant Hell
Townie
Elephant Hell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:40 am

Post by Elephant Hell »

Paradoxical Innocent
- you have no abilities. You win if you lose, and you lose if you win.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:25 am

Post by bird1111 »

Sucky loser

You lose, no matter what, to make things worse, you appear guilty to cops, any attempts to block you will cause the block to affect someone that if blocked is a bad thing for whichever side blocked you; if you are targeted for a night or day-kill it is unstoppable, any attempts to protect you will kill you instead, and any attempts to track you will show that you targeted someone who was killed that night.

An alternitive version of this role is to make it protown instead of having no win condition; but still have it suck majorly to be targeted by night choices with the role.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:26 am

Post by Fritzler »

IH wrote:
Fritz

You may only place the hammah vote. If you place any other vote, you cannot move it until he reaches zero votes, or 1 (Your vote). You win with whoever you feel like.
Rainbow Brite wrote:
You are Baron Munchausen, Townie Pathological Liar. You are a simple nobleman, with no particular talent - you have no night abilities.

But you could do all sorts of amazing deeds, if only the cards you had been dealt were slightly different. If only... if only you were someone else, someone like Spartacus, then you could do anything!

You may, at any point, roleclaim Spartacus and any combination of the following roles: cop, doctor, inventor, and recruiting mason. If you do, you gain those abilities from that point forth.

If you claim cop, you may investigate one person each night, and you will receive either an innocent or a guilty result.

If you claim doctor, you may protect one person each night other than yourself, and this will prevent a nightkill against that player (if the player is targetted by more than one nightkill, you only prevent one of them)

If you claim inventor, you may invent one device each night and give it to a player of your choosing other than yourself. You can stipulate what the device is and what it does. However if I deem the device to be too powerful I will modify it so as to be a reasonable power level.

If you claim recruiting mason, you may target one player each night, and from that point onwards you and your recruits will be able to talk at night. The player will be informed of joining your masonry in the morning, and will be allowed to talk with you from the following night.

You will only gain the abilities you claim in the post where you first claim Spartacus. If you claim multiple abilities, you may use each of them evey night. If you claim further abilities in a later post, this does nothing.

HOWEVER - if you suggest or confirm that the process of claiming Spartacus grants abilities, regardless of whether you have claimed Spartacus or not, you will be modkilled. If you later claim anything other than Spartacus, or suggest or confirm that you are not actually Spartacus, then you will be modkilled. I will be harsh on this, you have been warned. If you are not sure what you can or cannot say, then
ask me via PM. Please note that I do not consider this cheating, and it may be used legitimately as a deliberate tactic if you wish.

I want these roles
Surfs up dude.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:15 pm

Post by Glork »

Better Fritz role:

You are
Fritzler, BAMF
. You have unlimited daykills. These kills do not end the day. You win when everyone else is dead.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:49 pm

Post by IH »

Someone with low selfesteem

You're already dead on the inside. I hate you. Shut up.
You can't win, because everyone hates you.
You stupid freak.

Really work on that self esteem though.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”