Worst role ideas?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Beefster
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: He

Post Post #5175  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:14 am

In post 5159, callforjudgement wrote:You are an Exaggerator.

Each day, you must fakeclaim a role. Each fakeclaim must be more complex than the preceding one.

I would have called it Pathological Liar

And it would be slightly different:
  • At least once per day, you have to fake claim
  • You can never fake claim the same role twice in a row
  • If you claim Pathological Liar or a scum role, or fail to fake claim in a day, you will be modkilled.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy

Not Known 15
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5176  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:06 pm

Night 0 suicidal self-janitor Grave JOAT (1-shot Voter(non-investigative)/1-shot Alignment Cop/1-shot Vigilante(non-investigative)) Scum Hater
You die at the start of the game.
Your role does not flip upon death.
While dead you may perform the following 1-shot abilities at night(but not the same night): You may kill someone. You may determine the alignment of someone.
While dead you may perform the following 1-shot ability at day:You may vote for someone publicly. The vote threshold determination for that day is changed as if you were alive.
Alignment:Scum Hater
You lose if the game ends and you didn't win yet.
You lose if you target town with non-investigative abilities(they will be marked as such)
You win if you use up all your non-investigative abilities on targets that are not town.
If you lose you cannot use your abilities any further; and if you are alive while losing you die.

Harambey180
Goon

Post Post #5177  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:19 pm

The Tombstone

When someone dies, you take his place. You cannot post nor vote, in other words, you cannot do anything in this game. You just take the place of someone that died.
Most intelligent primate on earth
Moderating: Runner-Up

Beefster
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5178  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:36 pm

Secret Random Vote Magnet Survivor

All votes cast have a 25% chance of secretly being redirected to you. Vote counts will reflect intended votes.
You win if you survive to endgame.

Secret Random Vote Deflector Jester

All votes cast on you have a 50% chance of secretly being redirected to the largest wagon that isn't yours. Votecounts will reflect intended votes.
You win if you are lynched

Naive Anti-Lyncher

Player is given a target player who they must protect from being lynched at all costs.
You win with the town as long as your anti-lynchee stays alive
The target player is scum and there are no vig kills in the game. The player is not told this fact.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy

Not Known 15
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5179  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:04 am

Town Murderous Deloyalizer
Every night, you may target someone else to change their alignment to Survivor if they are not an Unjester, Jester or Survivor. After their alignment changes they die. If you target an Unjester, Jester or Survivor your alignment changes to theirs, then your target dies, and then your role changes to Vanilla.

Gamma Emerald
Survivor

Pronoun: She

Post Post #5180  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:32 pm

Wouldn't Unjester win
Get to know an Emerald! Stop by sometime, would you kindly? ♪
I love the sea! (Himiko told me to say hi and that she’s having a great time at the witch world!)
i would unironically put mafia loyal vigs in games for the record - Acidphoenix

Not Known 15
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5181  (ISO)  » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:48 am

In post 5180, Gamma Emerald wrote:Wouldn't Unjester win

Yes, that's correct. It is the only type of alignment that does not lose after being targeted.

callforjudgement
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5182  (ISO)  » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:19 pm

Third Party Helper

Each night, choose a player. If that player is a third party, whatever condition fulfils that player's victory condition will automatically happen. (For example, if you target a Jester, they'll become massively Hated and end up being lynched with zero votes the next day; if you target an Unjester, you'll nightkill them; if you target a Survivor, they'll become deathproof; and so on.)
scum · scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn · town

vonflare
doot

Post Post #5183  (ISO)  » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:19 pm

aaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaa: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
if you die in in a mafia game you die in real life

Harambey180
Goon

Post Post #5184  (ISO)  » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:09 am

I'd want to be aaaaaaaaaa but not aaaaaaaaaaa.

callforjudgement
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5185  (ISO)  » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:44 am

You are a Serial Killer Treestump.

Harambey180
Goon

Post Post #5186  (ISO)  » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 am

Dead Player

Welcome, you are a Dead Player. You are already out of the game. You cannot post or vote in the game thread, which is: link to game thread

Can also be called: Spectator

vonflare
doot

Post Post #5187  (ISO)  » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:00 pm

In post 5182, callforjudgement wrote:Third Party Helper

Each night, choose a player. If that player is a third party, whatever condition fulfils that player's victory condition will automatically happen. (For example, if you target a Jester, they'll become massively Hated and end up being lynched with zero votes the next day; if you target an Unjester, you'll nightkill them; if you target a Survivor, they'll become deathproof; and so on.)

so if you target a SK everyone instantly dies

Klazam
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5188  (ISO)  » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:02 am

That's gonna be pretty fun tho for the sk.theyre already walking a hard route to victory to begin with

Assemblerotws
Goon

Post Post #5189  (ISO)  » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:55 pm

Ascetic Miller
Boonskiies came up with this idea, and it struck me as so amusing I asked and received permission to share it here.
Show

callforjudgement
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5190  (ISO)  » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:44 pm

Can I steal that for Roles That Don't Work Mafia? (Most likely a sequel to the one I'm already planning.)

Mafia Loyal Vigilante

Postie
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5191  (ISO)  » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:25 pm

In post 5190, callforjudgement wrote:Mafia Loyal Vigilante

I see no major downside
Discourse is fleeting, but junk mail is forever.

vonflare
doot

Post Post #5192  (ISO)  » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:30 am

In post 5190, callforjudgement wrote:Can I steal that for Roles That Don't Work Mafia? (Most likely a sequel to the one I'm already planning.)

Mafia Loyal Vigilante

so a goon

unless the game has an usurper of course

Mathdino
Survivor

Post Post #5193  (ISO)  » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:17 am

rolecop would see you as a loyal vig so that might change things i guess

callforjudgement
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5194  (ISO)  » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:28 am

It doesn't take a lot of effort to explain why you haven't used your power role as a loyal vig though…

Not_Mafia
Smash Hit

Post Post #5195  (ISO)  » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:31 am

What if your scumpartners are really really annoying

callforjudgement
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5196  (ISO)  » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:43 am

Well, I can see some merit to vigging a scumbuddy and then claiming the resulting kill. Most people would consider you confirmed town after that. (It's probably best to claim 1-shot as an excuse for not using the role subsequently in the game.)

Postie
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5197  (ISO)  » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:21 pm

In post 5194, callforjudgement wrote:It doesn't take a lot of effort to explain why you haven't used your power role as a loyal vig though…

Yes it does? Worst case you eliminate a towny you weren't sure of, best case you confirm someone as scum. You should be shooting every night.
Discourse is fleeting, but junk mail is forever.

implosion
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5198  (ISO)  » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:20 pm

In post 5197, Postie wrote:
In post 5194, callforjudgement wrote:It doesn't take a lot of effort to explain why you haven't used your power role as a loyal vig though…

Yes it does? Worst case you eliminate a towny you weren't sure of, best case you confirm someone as scum. You should be shooting every night.

These two posts illustrate that it doesn't take a lot, because different people will probably have completely different philosophies for the role. Worst case is scum have a roleblocker or a protective, and you get a fake guilty. 2nd worst case is you accidentally shoot a cop or a protective.

The role in mafia hands can also appear to target people depending on whether the mod counts a loyal action that targets another faction to target them.

callforjudgement
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5199  (ISO)  » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:32 pm

I'm aware that it's theoretically correct to shoot as a Town Loyal Vig in most situations.

However, I'm also aware that the vast majority of players wouldn't. So even if you personally would, it'd be easy to fake that your opinion is different.

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Mafia Discussion