The New Set-Up Review Thread

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #3125 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:38 pm

Post by xyzzy »

In post 3123, xyzzy wrote:
In post 3118, xyzzy wrote:
In post 3107, xyzzy wrote:at some point in the moderately near-ish future (probably a couple months from now at most) I'm planning on modding a large theme game called TBD Mafia 2: The Squeakquel, which is a followup to my mini theme TBD Mafia. I will need at least one reviewer for this. this will be somewhat similar to a Upick game, so I'll need someone who's able to offer quick back and forth feedback, but with the added caveat that I can't guarantee whether I'll be aiming for a mostly balanced game or a swingy, complex game (I'm guessing the latter, but it's impossible to say right now--see the original game for an idea of why this is the case). if you think you'd enjoy being part of that, PM me!
I'm still looking for people for this!
it's been another couple weeks and I still haven't heard from anyone :(

I still need at least one reviewer and a backup moderator for this (with the option to be a co-moderator if you would prefer to take a more active role and be involved in setup design), so let me know if you're available!!! I would like to enter this game into signups very soon, but I can't do that without your help!
I'm just reposting this post again since it's been another week and a half, and so far all I have is one person who has offered to review it who won't be available for about the next month. anyone???
Last edited by xyzzy on Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3126 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:14 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

sorry, I require to be in that game (:
balance among all things
Zaphkael
Zaphkael
Little Did They Know
Zaphkael
Little Did They Know
Little Did They Know

Post Post #3127 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:33 am

Post by Zaphkael »

In post 3106, inspectorscout wrote:Looking for a reviewer or two (and a backup) for Project ARCH, the sequel to world.createNew(Utopia everHope);.
It is a 19 player game with special mechanics. It is slightly bastard, but not in a way you'd expect.

I'm in no rush, I have loads of flavor work to do and I won't run it before July, anyway.
Thanks in advance!
July is now and I've finished the setup. I hope to get a reviewer or two?
But I know, at the end...
Shoot me a message if you need a game reviewed!
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #3128 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:10 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I have a setup I would like reviewed. It will be for a Large Theme game, but is incredibly simplistic in nature. Semi Open setup. It's in theme entirely because of a certain mechanic (which will be posted in rules and whatnot) and how the game works.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #3129 (ISO) » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:33 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

In post 3110, Cheetory6 wrote:Looking to host a SUPER RIDICULOUS Paint Mafia Theme game with ~24 players sometime around or after late July.
Would love some reviewers to pick at things once I have something put together for it.
Bump bump, it's 25 players now and it's kind of ridiculous! Still looking for reviewers for this
Frippery
Frippery
Watcher
Frippery
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #3130 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:22 pm

Post by Frippery »

Looking to have a Large Theme game called "Demons Among Man" reviewed. It has an original theme, a lot of comedic role flavours, some custom events, and is designed to be more interesting and unique than anything.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3131 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:53 pm

Post by mastina »

Hey there.
I'm in need of a reviewer or two for my next Large Theme, The Mod is
Mafia
Spoiler: Public Mechanics
I AM THE SUPREME RULER OF ALL
  • This game is explicitly a
    :
    Town
    :
    Mafia
    game.
  • I,
    mastina
    , your game moderator, am aligned with
    the
    Mafia
    as a fifth member. I have those four players' best interests at heart at all times.
  • Given this inherent premise, this game is bastard-as-
    hell
  • However, I am still your game moderator. I will guarantee you that all official moderator information will be guaranteed to be accurate (barring mod error of course). The opening post, rules, game mechanics, all votecounts, prods, replacements, flips, etc. will be handled as a moderator and not as a player and are thus immune to falsification.
  • I can vote like any player, but my vote is worth 0.
  • I can be voted, but I cannot be lynched; votes on me will do nothing and are equivalent to Not Voting.
  • I cannot inform the mafia of any player's role.
  • I cannot inform the mafia of the existence of any role.
  • As an extension, I cannot inform the mafia if a town player is fakeclaiming or realclaiming a role.
  • I cannot submit night actions for the scumteam.
  • However, I CAN be sent to do the nightkill if the scumteam so chooses to elect me to do so.
  • I am therefore a valid target of any night action myself.
  • Though I am incredibly limited in what I can/can't say, I am permitted to vaguely help the mafia in their planning.
  • I am able to post as a player.
  • I am able to abuse my moderator edit/delete powers to further the scum wincon of my own free will.
  • The mafia may ask me to edit or even delete any post. However, there are restrictions to this.
    1. I cannot manipulate official game content: votecounts, prods, flips, etc. are all guaranteed to be accurate.
    2. I cannot delete any post with a valid vote or a valid unvote.
    3. I cannot edit a valid vote or a valid unvote out of a post.
    4. If a vote or unvote is only invalid because of broken tags, I cannot edit/delete it because I am moderator-bound to fix the broken tag and thus it will become a valid vote/unvote and be subject to the above rules.
    5. The mafia cannot ask me to break tags in a post where tags were working, as I am moderator-bound to fix any broken tags.
    6. The mafia cannot ask me to delete essentially a whole gamedays' worth of posts.
    7. The mafia cannot ask me to delete a post made over three phases ago.
    8. The mafia cannot ask me to edit a post made over five phases ago.
BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3132 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:32 am

Post by BTD6_maker »

I am planning to mod a 5P Open Micro. Because this Micro has rather unusual mechanics, I would like to have a reviewer. I have done some preliminary calculations to ensure that it is roughly balanced, but a reviewer's opinion would help.
"one of these days i'll read you correctly" - Transcend, Micro 714
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #3133 (ISO) » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:43 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 3131, mastina wrote:Hey there.
Mafia
    :
    Town
    :
    Mafia
    game.
  • I,
    mastina
    the
    Mafia
    as a fifth member. I have those four players' best interests at heart at all times.
    hell
  • However, I am still your game moderator. I will guarantee you that all official moderator information will be guaranteed to be accurate (barring mod error of course). The opening post, rules, game mechanics, all votecounts, prods, replacements, flips, etc. will be handled as a moderator and not as a player and are thus immune to falsification.
  • I can be voted, but I cannot be lynched; votes on me will do nothing and are equivalent to Not Voting.
  • As an extension, I cannot inform the mafia if a town player is fakeclaiming or realclaiming a role.
  • However, I CAN be sent to do the nightkill if the scumteam so chooses to elect me to do so.
  • Though I am incredibly limited in what I can/can't say, I am permitted to vaguely help the mafia in their planning.
  • I am able to abuse my moderator edit/delete powers to further the scum wincon of my own free will.
  • The mafia may ask me to edit or even delete any post. However, there are restrictions to this.
    1. I cannot manipulate official game content: votecounts, prods, flips, etc. are all guaranteed to be accurate.
    4. If a vote or unvote is only invalid because of broken tags, I cannot edit/delete it because I am moderator-bound to fix the broken tag and thus it will become a valid vote/unvote and be subject to the above rules.
    5. The mafia cannot ask me to break tags in a post where tags were working, as I am moderator-bound to fix any broken tags.
    6. The mafia cannot ask me to delete essentially a whole gamedays' worth of posts.

Hoooly shit this looks fun
Dinodinodude
Dinodinodude
Townie
Dinodinodude
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3134 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:06 pm

Post by Dinodinodude »

Looking for a final review of my Restraunt Anonymafia game for an alternate site. It's a relatively large role madness game, with some unique roles included in it. I've had it reviewed before and I am confident in the setup after revising it, a last look to iron out any overlooked bumps would be appreciated.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3135 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:59 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3133, Mulch wrote:
In post 3131, mastina wrote:Hey there.
Mafia
    :
    Town
    :
    Mafia
    game.
  • I,
    mastina
    the
    Mafia
    hell
Hoooly shit this looks fun
Loosely, Ginngie is reviewing it but I could always use an extra set of eyes (thus why I didn't remove the add).
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3136 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:33 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Looking for someone to take a look at a Mini Theme setup based on an XP mechanic, where players can gain XP and spend it to activate abilities.
Edit: Thanks WhyMafia, though I'd always appreciate more eyes on it.
Edit 2: Thanks Ircher as well!
Last edited by Something_Smart on Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3137 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:54 am

Post by WhyMafia »

Looking for reviewers for a mini theme that has a custom mechanic in that everyone has a certain HP, Attack, and Mana stat. Oh and it's role madness :D

Two reviewers in SS and Mario
Thanks guys!
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Goon
Virtuoso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3138 (ISO) » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:33 pm

Post by Virtuoso »

Need some reviewers for a 13-player mini theme game that is super bastard.
♫ Where words fail, music speaks ♫
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #3139 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:08 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3089, Gamma Emerald wrote:
I need a reviewer with good knowledge of balance to inspect a setup. It's close to functional, I just need to ensure it's not balanced in one side's favor. It's a Mini Theme, 13 players.

Taken care of
I need a couple more eyes here since my previous helper is really slow to respond

Handled!
Last edited by Gamma Emerald on Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3140 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:03 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 3139, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 3089, Gamma Emerald wrote:
I need a reviewer with good knowledge of balance to inspect a setup. It's close to functional, I just need to ensure it's not balanced in one side's favor. It's a Mini Theme, 13 players.

Taken care of
I need a couple more eyes here since my previous helper is really slow to respond
I'm happy to help, but mobile for a couple of days.

In other news, if anyone wants to take a look at a role madness micro (9 person) that's questionably slightly bastard I'd be much obliged.
This is a Parachute.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3141 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:22 am

Post by LicketyQuickety »

Looking for an advanced reviewer who can account for many variables. We have come to the point where we need someone besides us to look at the game. We have done all we can to balance but a third (or fourth) head is required.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3142 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:25 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Looking for a reviewer for balance assessment and final review on a Large Theme game. Experience with Nightless setups a plus.
Welcome to the Network.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3143 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:26 pm

Post by DiamondSentinel »

I'm looking for a reviewer or two for a Large Theme game based on the manga Btooom. Additionally, unless I hear back from my prospective co-mod, I'll also have a co-mod slot open if you're interested.

It'd be preferable if they have some experience running more complicated Large Themes, as in games with different mechanics rather than just odd roles.

Thanks!
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3144 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:57 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 3141, LicketyQuickety wrote:Looking for an advanced reviewer who can account for many variables. We have come to the point where we need someone besides us to look at the game. We have done all we can to balance but a third (or fourth) head is required.
I'll drop the advanced part because we need someone to look at the game at this point. This is a setup made by myself and BTD6_Maker. Any interested parties who are qualified are welcome to take a look.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3145 (ISO) » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:59 am

Post by northsidegal »

hello! i'm looking for a reviewer and also someone who who would be willing to comoderate or backup mod a game. the setup is relatively simple in nature, just based all around one mechanic. i was thinking that it woud be a micro, and it's anonymafia if that changes anyone's mind. the reviewer and the comod / backup mod don't have to be the same person, i suppose.

edit: thank you to penguin_alien!
Last edited by northsidegal on Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #3146 (ISO) » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:41 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

As an FYI, my understanding is that your first moderated game on site needs to be an open or normal setup, and that needs to be 3 months from when you join site. It's probably fine to have an additional setup rattling around in the wings, but i think you'll need to run and complete that setup first before you can run an micro or other game.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3147 (ISO) » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:08 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 3146, mhsmith0 wrote:As an FYI, my understanding is that your first moderated game on site needs to be an open or normal setup, and that needs to be 3 months from when you join site. It's probably fine to have an additional setup rattling around in the wings, but i think you'll need to run and complete that setup first before you can run an micro or other game.
right, discussing that with penguin_alien now. thanks!
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3148 (ISO) » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:03 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I have a large theme that I would like reviewed. Also looking for a backup mod.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3149 (ISO) » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:49 pm

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

I am going to start an Anime U-Pick: King Sized 18p Large Theme game. I need one (or two) (or three) reviewers who can help me with the setup review. I will put this game in signups once I get a reviewer. PM me if interested!
Embark the journey to life-changing fortune in Para{dice} Trinity: The Quest for Spirits' Fortune, a luck-based casual arcade Mish Mash game by Tatsuya Kaname!

Yes. Making too many hoods is moderator suicide. -Enter
I want to shoot this post in the face with a flamethrower. - zakk

Return to “Mafia Discussion”