The New Set-Up Review Thread

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3275 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:20 am

Post by AaronFrost »

I think you can also run 9p games in the Micro Queue as well
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3276 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:27 pm

Post by theslimer3 »

Curious about a setup that’s a lot like Vengeful or We Need a 5th where the game could end day 1,

But it’s a 3 mafia, 4 town setup, where there’s 1 mafia goon, and 2 traitors, and the rest are all vanilla.
It’s nightless and if the goon gets lynched, the two traitors are endgamed. Lynching town loses day 1.

The twist is that the traitors don’t know who each other are and must attempt to deduce that by seeing who favors the goon.

It’s not meant to be a long game, but there’s tons of WiFoM shenanigans to be held. Wondering if this would be balanced enough for a test spin
Im a black cat anyway.
GTKAS Slimer
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #3277 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:05 am

Post by callforjudgement »

Vengeful and We Need A Fifth have mechanics allowing town to recover from a D1 mislynch for a reason. As it is, scum's optimal strategy is probably to forget what they know and pretend to be town. In particular, the traitors shouldn't even try to locate each other; rather, they should just look for anyone (other than the goon) who might potentially look like a goon to anyone else, and favour them instead, to make town think that that's the goon. The result is that there basically isn't enough information for town to catch the scum, except via chance,

D1 also won't play out remotely like a normal Mafia game because any incorrect vote runs the risk of a quickhammer for a scum win. With scum's communication difficulties, that's unlikely to happen from just 1 vote, but could easily happen from 2. The result is that voting at all D1 is probably a bad idea until the lynch choice has been agreed by some other method, which isn't how people will want to play it.

At any rate, you're in the wrong thread; that setup's an Open. If you're still interested in having it reviewed to run it, try Open Setup Reviews. If you're just interested in the thought experiment, you can post a thread for the setup in the forum for discussing Open setups.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3278 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:41 am

Post by theslimer3 »

In post 3277, callforjudgement wrote:Vengeful and We Need A Fifth have mechanics allowing town to recover from a D1 mislynch for a reason. As it is, scum's optimal strategy is probably to forget what they know and pretend to be town. In particular, the traitors shouldn't even try to locate each other; rather, they should just look for anyone (other than the goon) who might potentially look like a goon to anyone else, and favour them instead, to make town think that that's the goon. The result is that there basically isn't enough information for town to catch the scum, except via chance,

D1 also won't play out remotely like a normal Mafia game because any incorrect vote runs the risk of a quickhammer for a scum win. With scum's communication difficulties, that's unlikely to happen from just 1 vote, but could easily happen from 2. The result is that voting at all D1 is probably a bad idea until the lynch choice has been agreed by some other method, which isn't how people will want to play it.

At any rate, you're in the wrong thread; that setup's an Open. If you're still interested in having it reviewed to run it, try Open Setup Reviews. If you're just interested in the thought experiment, you can post a thread for the setup in the forum for discussing Open setups.
I get that it’s an optimal thing, but AitP often has strategies to it that aren’t fun if it’s played optimally.
But thanks for the suggestions, and I’ll try and see what that thread thinks
Im a black cat anyway.
GTKAS Slimer
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3279 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:16 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I think cfj is maybe underrating how powerful ignorance can be for scum in "normal" mafia but that could be a really broad abstract discussion.

I also think "won't play out remotely like a normal mafia game" should be seen for how it makes different things acceptable, if this is run as chat mafia or marathon, the way for town to "come back" can be to reroll the game and rand town.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #3280 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:17 pm

Post by chkflip »

Looking for a minimum of three people with large theme experience for brains to pick in regards to flavor, setup, or both in regards to a Skyrim-based game I plan to run next. Inquire by PM. Thanks in advance!
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #3281 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:22 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

Is it possible I can have a 13p mini theme reviewed?
time will end
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3282 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:35 am

Post by gobbledygook »

Need a reviewer or two for an anonymous alt 15p game :)
It won’t be run until closer to summer.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3283 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:29 pm

Post by Jingle »

Need a reviewer for an 18p game. Weird mechanic, simple execution. Bonus points if you're available to backup when I run it.

Edit: Conceit is two simultaneous 9p games that are run in the same thread with town in both working together and scum in both working together, but unable to directly influence the other game via vote. Thread remains open during nights.

Thanks S_S! Still taking applications for a backup mod if anyone is interested. Very easy job with almost no blowback if I suck really hard at designing games :P
Last edited by Jingle on Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is a Parachute.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3284 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:37 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

Working on a sequel to XP Mafia. I'd like someone with some theme modding and reviewing experience, as the setup has a lot of moving parts.

Willing to cross-review.

EDIT: Thank you Skygazer!
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #3285 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:29 am

Post by bugspray »

I have an idea for a 13p closed setup who do I pm it to

edit: okay actually i think its better to be run as open
3 scum
3 vt
7 trackers
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3286 (ISO) » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:27 am

Post by popsofctown »

I think that's a little townsided, probably needs 1-2 VTs converted to trackers to be balanced. Leaning towards 1.

Would be pretty easy to program to find the EV actually.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #3287 (ISO) » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:37 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 3280, chkflip wrote:Looking for a minimum of three people with large theme experience for brains to pick in regards to flavor, setup, or both in regards to a Skyrim-based game I plan to run next. Inquire by PM. Thanks in advance!
Still need. Looking to make it a warring factions game.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3288 (ISO) » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:05 am

Post by bugspray »

Looking for someone to review a micro setup for balance and normalcy

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3289 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:48 pm

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

I need someone (or sometwo) to help me with the setup review of the upcoming 13-player installation of Anime U-Pick. This is a U-Pick so setup will be created after all players have signed up. Thanks!
Last edited by Tatsuya Kaname on Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Embark the journey to life-changing fortune in Para{dice} Trinity: The Quest for Spirits' Fortune, a luck-based casual arcade Mish Mash game by Tatsuya Kaname!

Yes. Making too many hoods is moderator suicide. -Enter
I want to shoot this post in the face with a flamethrower. - zakk
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3290 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:25 pm

Post by bugspray »

In post 3288, bugspray wrote:Looking for someone to review a micro setup for balance and normalcy
This is currently not the case

TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #3291 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:15 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

In post 3281, TemporalLich wrote:Is it possible I can have a 13p mini theme reviewed?
ebwop: I got a reviewer for this
time will end
Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3292 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:24 pm

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

In post 3289, Tatsuya Kaname wrote:I need someone (or sometwo) to help me with the setup review of the upcoming 13-player installation of Anime U-Pick. This is a U-Pick so setup will be created after all players have signed up. Thanks!
Bump because this is now in signups and while I think I can do it myself it's still better to have another pair of eyes to help. Thanks!

Thanks to PenguinPower and Ircher!
Embark the journey to life-changing fortune in Para{dice} Trinity: The Quest for Spirits' Fortune, a luck-based casual arcade Mish Mash game by Tatsuya Kaname!

Yes. Making too many hoods is moderator suicide. -Enter
I want to shoot this post in the face with a flamethrower. - zakk
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3293 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:43 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Looking for help with finalizing design and then reviewing a 21P bastard role madness Large Theme based on Saw. Unusual mechanics and roles that I cannot reveal in public :P
I'm about 75% done with the design, I mainly need help with balance and a few ideas. I anticipate going into signups sometime this month.
I can cross review and help with design as well :)
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3294 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:51 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 3293, SirCakez wrote:Looking for help with finalizing design and then reviewing a 21P bastard role madness Large Theme based on Saw. Unusual mechanics and roles that I cannot reveal in public :P
I'm about 75% done with the design, I mainly need help with balance and a few ideas. I anticipate going into signups sometime this month.
I can cross review and help with design as well :)
Pretty please?
I can replace in a game of yours later too! I'm pretty much stuck without a reviewer at this point in my design.

BLESS YOU SOMETHING_SMART
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #3295 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:45 am

Post by Ircher »

Looking for some reviewers for a large theme I plan on running in May. You must meet the large theme experience requirements. The game's flavor centers around a new infectious disease. It features a cult-like infection mechanic, but aside from that, it should be relatively simple.

Edit: Thanks Jingle and SirCakez.
I would appreciate one more reviewer.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [Ongoing]
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3296 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:06 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

Looking for reviewers on a Betrayal at the House on the Hill-themed game (likely 13p mini w/ role madness). This is my first time designing a game so I have minimal experience determining how balance is impacted by some of the mechanics I am implementing. Experience with Betrayal is a plus but not necessary to review. It’s still in concept stages atm (general mechanics completed), I first want to determine whether the game is even practical to design/feasible to run and then will flesh out the rest (and will need more thorough review at that point). Would also appreciate if you are willing to back-up mod - I don’t foresee being unavailable at any period but just in case.
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3297 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:51 pm

Post by bugspray »

Insect Religion 2, the semi open
goon a1
goon a2
mason b1
mason b2
town c1
town c2
town d1
town d2
vt

basically they are radnomly paired with people who don't have the same letter to form a totel of four hoods (so mod has to setup SIX pts >.<)

would this be fun?

northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3298 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:58 pm

Post by northsidegal »

it seems fairly townsided. there are already two masons, the unpaired VT is a named townie, and you get another innocent child when you lynch scum (given that the neighborhood buddy of scum can't also be scum).
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3299 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:34 am

Post by bugspray »

What if we turn the masons into regular town neighbors?

Return to “Mafia Discussion”