The New Set-Up Review Thread

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Thestatusquo
Shea

Post Post #3150  (ISO)  » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:40 am

In post 3148, Thestatusquo wrote:I have a large theme that I would like reviewed. Also looking for a backup mod.

Still would like an additional reviewer for this setup.
SleepyKrew: The dankest memer east or west of the Mississippi
only 5 slots left in Bad Idea Mafia!
SleepyKrew: The dankest memer east or west of the Mississippi

momo
Most Mislynchable

Pronoun: He

Post Post #3151  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:25 pm

As you all know, games take a long time to review. So I have inned to mod my first game but I have an idea for a large theme that I would like reviewed by the time I am able to in it for signups. So I am looking for reviewers for a cool large theme with some interesting mechanics. I am trying something that I think could be a lot of fun. PM me if interested. [pls]
Transcend-BUT READING MOMO I FEEL LIKE HE IS THE PLAYER THAT IF HE GOT PRESSURED AS TOWN HE WULD BE LIKE FUCK YALL AND MOVE ON WITH WHATEVER ELSE HE WAS DOING
Boonskies- Like, Momo is the most mislynchable player on all of mafiascum right now. I'm not day 1 lynching him.
TheGoldenParadox As it stands, momo is a great player or maybe the most mislynchable player on the site right now

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3152  (ISO)  » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:56 pm

I have a mini theme called Mafia: Exile Island that I would like reviewed. It doesn't run for 6 more weeks so it will just be chill hangout in the mod thread w me
4-8-15-16-23-42

momo
Most Mislynchable

Post Post #3153  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:24 pm

In post 3151, momo wrote:As you all know, games take a long time to review. So I have inned to mod my first game but I have an idea for a large theme that I would like reviewed by the time I am able to in it for signups. So I am looking for reviewers for a cool large theme with some interesting mechanics. I am trying something that I think could be a lot of fun. PM me if interested. [pls]

Please guys, it's a cool game and I need help
Transcend-BUT READING MOMO I FEEL LIKE HE IS THE PLAYER THAT IF HE GOT PRESSURED AS TOWN HE WULD BE LIKE FUCK YALL AND MOVE ON WITH WHATEVER ELSE HE WAS DOING
Boonskies- Like, Momo is the most mislynchable player on all of mafiascum right now. I'm not day 1 lynching him.
TheGoldenParadox As it stands, momo is a great player or maybe the most mislynchable player on the site right now

Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: She

Post Post #3154  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:36 pm

Hey everyone I have a upick that I just got done setting up and would like 1 or 2 more reviewers please!
Kids are...weird. They come to me on their own. I'm not that good at taking care of them... I'm not that friendly either."

Micc
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3155  (ISO)  » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:43 pm

I'm looking for at least two reviewers for a Mini Theme with flavor based on Pokémon Sapphire. All roles are normal and the game uses standard mechanics so this should be a pretty straightforward review. Please shoot me a PM if you'd be interested in helping out!

No longer needed. Thank you to Alisae and callforjudgement!
Last edited by Micc on Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"To hide a tree, use a forest" - Ninja Boy Hideo

Socrates
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3156  (ISO)  » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:59 pm

Looking for someone to review/back-up a mini theme:

In post 3941, Socrates wrote:/in to mod

Game Name: A Village in the Woods

Flavor/Mechanics: This will be a complex, flavor intensive game where not everything is as it seems. Players signing up should be beware that there may be mechanics at play that they may not be made aware of and they may not have a clear idea of every aspect of their role.

Your Experience: Open 242
Current Modding Commitments: None
Reviewed By: Looking into
Back-Up or Co-Mod: Looking into
Number of Players: 13
Hydrae: No more than 2

Restrictions: Due to the complexity of the game, I am requiring at least 2 completed games.

Is it possible your game has any of the following bastard roles or mechanics? cults, mid-game alignment changes, moderator lies that cannot be reasonably anticipated (for example, Godfather, Tailor, Miller, Ninja, and mechanics like that are generally fine. Telling someone they are a reflexive doctor when they're actually a PGO is not), secret win conditions, un-divulged non-randomness in player role/alignment generation, direct moderator influence during the game

Expect ambiguity, but no direct lies. I reserve the right to refuse to answer any question, though you are certainly welcome to ask.

If you would like to back-up/co-mod, don't worry about writing flavor and such. I'll be handling all of that, and will have the vast majority of it written out beforehand. Help with votecounts wouldn't be scoffed at, though. >.>

callforjudgement
Microprocessor

Post Post #3157  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:44 pm

I decided to dust off and finalize a setup idea I've had for a while, Roles That Don't Work Mafia, which I'm planning to run as a Micro. As the name suggests, the game is full of roles which, for whatever reason, don't function correctly or are otherwise broken (in the sense of not working). It's a Closed Theme, so needs to be reviewed in private.

I'm now at the stage where I could use a reviewer (ideally one familiar with smaller games) to check that the setup makes sense. (I'll also be looking for a backup moderator, but this doesn't necessarily have to be the same person as the reviewer.)
scum · scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn · town

Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3158  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:52 pm

Can I have help with my first mini Normal?
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde

callforjudgement
Microprocessor

Post Post #3159  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:20 pm

In post 3158, Srceenplay wrote:Can I have help with my first mini Normal?

When you /in to mod in the Normal queue, you'll be assigned a review team who can help you with the setup. As such, there's rarely a need to have the setup reviewed separately first.

(A good guideline for a 10:3, though, is to pit 4-5 mid-strength Town power roles against a vanilla or near-vanilla scumteam.)
scum · scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn · town

Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3160  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:40 pm

Thanks
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde

drealmerz7
Survivor

Post Post #3161  (ISO)  » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:31 am

I am looking for a reviewer for a Rocky Horror Picture Show large theme cult (don't run yet!) game.

it will have some unique mechanics and almost no flavor

It's important to know that I mostly hate cult games (unfair, frustrating, painful, etc.) but this game should be something that is not hatable for those that generally hate cult games - it's very different and balanced. If you are going to review it I want you to have no real interest in Rocky Horror Picture Show more than anything, because if you like Rocky Horror, you should be signing up for the game even though it's cult!

game-specific rules and mechanics:

CULT - Rocky Horror Picture Show is a cult movie and this will be a cult game based on that movie. It shouldn't be any other way!

public cult mechanics:

• There two cults / 2 cult leaders. Once recruited into a cult, players' alignments can not change again.
  • All players except the cult leaders start as part of a neutral survivor faction.
  • Not all roles are cult-recruitable. Most players will not know if their role is cult-recruitable unless recruited.
  • Players will use their vote to choose who to make immune to recruiting. This can be done x# times in the game, a maximum of once per play/pause cycle - (instead of lynching - there is no lynching) !

DAYLESS - it is always Night over at the Frankenstein Place. The game thread is always open.

PLAY / PAUSE - the game cycles between these two states

• PLAY: players may submit actions and vote
  • PAUSE: players may not submit actions or vote - once pause initiates actions are resolved in the order they were submitted during the PLAY state
balance among all things

kunkstar7
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3162  (ISO)  » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:37 pm

In post 3142, kunkstar7 wrote:Looking for a reviewer for balance assessment and final review on a Large Theme game. Experience with Nightless setups a plus.

Still looking for this.
Welcome to the Network.

Gamma Emerald
Undiscovered

Post Post #3163  (ISO)  » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:33 am

Would like a reviewer with good knowledge of general setup balance for a themed micro based on Splatoon. The game has no experimental elements.

EDIT: taken care of!
Last edited by Gamma Emerald on Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes silence is the loudest thing you can say.

momo
Most Mislynchable

Post Post #3164  (ISO)  » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:37 pm

In post 3153, momo wrote:
In post 3151, momo wrote:As you all know, games take a long time to review. So I have inned to mod my first game but I have an idea for a large theme that I would like reviewed by the time I am able to in it for signups. So I am looking for reviewers for a cool large theme with some interesting mechanics. I am trying something that I think could be a lot of fun. PM me if interested. [pls]

Sinch mhsmith0 has decided to totally ignore this, it looks like I need another reviewer.

Socrates
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3165  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:12 pm

Aristophanes will be backing up this game. Thank you for all the offers!

In post 3156, Socrates wrote:Looking for someone to review/back-up a mini theme:

In post 3941, Socrates wrote:/in to mod

Game Name: A Village in the Woods

Flavor/Mechanics: This will be a complex, flavor intensive game where not everything is as it seems. Players signing up should be beware that there may be mechanics at play that they may not be made aware of and they may not have a clear idea of every aspect of their role.

Your Experience: Open 242
Current Modding Commitments: None
Reviewed By: Looking into
Back-Up or Co-Mod: Looking into
Number of Players: 13
Hydrae: No more than 2

Restrictions: Due to the complexity of the game, I am requiring at least 2 completed games.

Is it possible your game has any of the following bastard roles or mechanics? cults, mid-game alignment changes, moderator lies that cannot be reasonably anticipated (for example, Godfather, Tailor, Miller, Ninja, and mechanics like that are generally fine. Telling someone they are a reflexive doctor when they're actually a PGO is not), secret win conditions, un-divulged non-randomness in player role/alignment generation, direct moderator influence during the game

Expect ambiguity, but no direct lies. I reserve the right to refuse to answer any question, though you are certainly welcome to ask.

If you would like to back-up/co-mod, don't worry about writing flavor and such. I'll be handling all of that, and will have the vast majority of it written out beforehand. Help with votecounts wouldn't be scoffed at, though. >.>

momo
Most Mislynchable

Post Post #3166  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:55 pm

In post 3164, momo wrote:
In post 3153, momo wrote:

Sinch mhsmith0 has decided to totally ignore this, it looks like I need another reviewer.

mm0 has come back....I don't need this anymore

momo
Most Mislynchable

Post Post #3167  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:53 pm

So...I'm back at it again. Designing a mini theme for my next game. It will be short and sweet with a crazy mechanic. It will be a big laugh. Sign up to review to be let in on the secret.

momo
Most Mislynchable

Post Post #3168  (ISO)  » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:27 pm

I don't know why you guys aren't responding but I need a reviewer. More information on the game, (Ghost Mafia) can be found in the upcoming games thread/

Something_Smart
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3169  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:25 pm

Hi, I have a mini theme setup that I designed mostly on a whim and I want to /in to mod while the queue is short but I'd like to have at least one person to look at it before I do that.

It's not very complicated or anything, and I don't need a super thorough review, just a quick look and possibly some minor changes should be great.

Alisae is da bomb :]

kunkstar7
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3170  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:50 am

In post 3142, kunkstar7 wrote:Looking for a reviewer for balance assessment and final review on a Large Theme game. Experience with Nightless setups a plus.

Since it's proving difficult to get a review for a Large Theme, I've got a modified Mini Theme I'd like to get looked at. (The request for the Large is still out there though.)
Welcome to the Network.

BBmolla
Open Book

Post Post #3171  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:42 am

Looking for someone to take a quick look at a micro for balance.

Bins
Not Trash

Post Post #3172  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:56 pm

can someone look at my large???
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas

Burgerking
Goon

Post Post #3173  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:34 am

In post 3172, Bins wrote:can someone look at my large???
unbalanced imho

Bins
Not Trash

Post Post #3174  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:36 am

thx
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Mafia Discussion