The New Set-Up Review Thread

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #615 (isolation #0) » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:55 am

Post by Hoopla »

Hello everyone, I'm planning on running a closed Mini-normal. Although I'm not currently in the queue, it would be great if someone would be able to review a set-up I've devised recently. The balance seems fine to me, but I'd really love an extra opinion and someone I can bounce a couple of ideas off.

PM me so we can chat!
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #956 (isolation #1) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:15 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Seeking an experienced reviewer to take a look at balance for a large normal set-up. PM me and we'll have a chat!
Last edited by Hoopla on Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1065 (isolation #2) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:49 pm

Post by Hoopla »

I think that has potential Max, although I'd rather see that set-up run as mostly vanilla/normal roles. It gets too difficult to play normal mafia when you know there are some weird roles that affect mechanics. The mechanics will be fresh and exciting, and still not fully understood how to play them optimally. You don't need to introduce wacky mechanic altering roles that the vanilla players can't predict, because it makes it unnecessarily chaotic and random, and cheapens the initial interesting mechanic.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1072 (isolation #3) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:12 am

Post by Hoopla »

Hi everyone, I have a mini normal game coming up quite soon. Would love to spend a couple of hours talking about balancing and refining a set-up or two I have planned. Some experience in set-up design is prefered, but I'm not overly picky. Must love cats.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1095 (isolation #4) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:30 am

Post by Hoopla »

DarkLightA wrote:This has probably been suggested many times before, but anyway:

I'm wondering if it'd been an idea with about 3 mafia and let's say 5-6 townies. The mafia don't know each other, but can send PMs to the mod (possibly ONLY with "Kill: Person") which get redirected, filtered and paraphrased via the mod to the other scum buddies, in a way in which they can kill a person.

The interesting bits here, are of course:
1. Scum don't know if they're on the BW of a scum buddy.
2. Pro-town players can't look for teams, only individuals.

Would this work, or wouldn't it? Opinions?
-"DLA"
I think I've seen something similar suggested before, and no doubt the response would have been 'it isn't mafia, because it doesn't have an informed minority.' It feels quite shallow as a concept, though, and makes it more about how well you can survive. Attempting to signal you're mafia discretely seems like another layer, but when you don't know who the others are, you don't know if you're conveying this to a townie or a fellow mafia. It then becomes a risky tactic, potentially drawing suspicion to yourself, which goes against the whole survival thing.

I don't know. It doesn't seem very fun.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”