The New Set-Up Review Thread

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
The Many
The Many
Goon
The Many
Goon
Goon

Post Post #729 (isolation #0) » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:55 pm

Post by The Many »

Serial Killer - Can choose to kill one other player each night. The first night kill attempt against this player fails automatically. He wins if it's just him at dawn or just him and one other player at dawn or when nothing can prevent that from happening.

Baner - Can protect any one player from a single kill each night, including himself. The Baner wins when 1) the Serial Killer is dead and 2) the Werewolves are both dead.

Cowboy - Can stake out one player each night to see who targets them with any abilities. Does not learn the role of any players caught using powers in this manner. The Cowboy wins when 1) the Serial Killer is dead and 2) the Werewolves are both dead.

Indian - Can track one player each night to see who they target with any abilities. Does not learn the role of any players caught using powers in this manner. The Indian wins when 1) the Serial Killer is dead and 2) the Werewolves are both dead.

Vanilla Innocent - Six players are normal innocents. Normal innocents win when 1) the Serial Killer is dead and 2) the Werewolves are both dead.

Werewolf Signmaker - Can swap the signs on two players houses, causing all powers that would normally effect player A effect player B instead, and vice-versa. The Werewolf Signmaker wins when 1) the Serial Killer is dead and 2) his team outnumbers or equals the number of non-werewolf players at dawn, or when nothing can prevent that from happening.

An example of the Signmaker's power: The Indian targets Player X. The Signmaker swaps Player X with Player A. Now the Indian learns who Player A targeted that night instead. In this example the Indian would be aware that a switch took place, as the response from the moderator would read, "Player A targeted nobody last night" instead of, "Player X targeted nobody last night."

Werewolf Shaman - Can secretly lock-down one player at night, preventing them from using any powers. The player who is locked down cannot be the target of any powers. This means that the Shaman can protect himself or the Signmaker if he chooses. The Werewolf Shaman wins when 1) the Serial Killer is dead and 2) his team outnumbers or equals the number of non-werewolf players at dawn, or when nothing can prevent that from happening.

Serial Killer kills are resolved first, then Werwolf kills.

I started playing this game as Werewolf, so the role names might be different. tl;dr the rules of posting a setup, but here's the one I'm planning on running via email atm. What is the consensus?
one of us
The Many
The Many
Goon
The Many
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (isolation #1) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:16 am

Post by The Many »

But... what do you guys think of the setup? Is it balanced?
one of us
The Many
The Many
Goon
The Many
Goon
Goon

Post Post #736 (isolation #2) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:52 pm

Post by The Many »

It's open, yes. They'll be told that the other player couldn't be found because he was in jail.

Does anyone have any analysis for me? Even just a, "It doesn't look overtly unbalanced" would help me out.
one of us
The Many
The Many
Goon
The Many
Goon
Goon

Post Post #738 (isolation #3) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:14 pm

Post by The Many »

It means that if the Serial Killer and the Wolves both target the same player, the Serial Killer's kill takes priority and the flavor will indicate a knife wound.

More importantly, if the Serial Killer targets a wolf and that wolf is targeting him back, the Serial Killer will win the tie, because his kill resolves first. The SK will survive the night (even if he has no kill protections) because the wolf who performed the kill or other action died before completing it.

Thanks so much for the help! If anyone else could give me input it would be equally appreciated!
one of us
The Many
The Many
Goon
The Many
Goon
Goon

Post Post #744 (isolation #4) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:52 am

Post by The Many »

Phelan wrote:I'm working on a closed setup for another forum. Dunno if it would work in this one. Can I still ask to get it reviewed here?
Could you PM me a link to the site? I... collect them. I know that sounds weird.
one of us

Return to “Mafia Discussion”