The New Set-Up Review Thread

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2258 (isolation #0) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:33 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

I am looking for at least 2 people to review my mini theme setup.
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2262 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:45 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 2258, JasonWazza wrote:I am looking for at least 2 people to review my mini theme setup.
Got 2
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2307 (isolation #2) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:50 am

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 2262, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 2258, JasonWazza wrote:I am looking for at least 2 people to review my mini theme setup.
Got 2
I am currently looking for one or two more reviewers on this, there's no flavor yet, but i have Role PM's and the sort already written up.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2308 (isolation #3) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:56 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 2307, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 2262, JasonWazza wrote:
Got 2
I am currently looking for one or two more reviewers on this, there's no flavor yet, but i have Role PM's and the sort already written up.
Got 2 more
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2406 (isolation #4) » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:00 am

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 2405, esternogligent wrote: One thing that could help... could you link to any good examples of dual-mafia games on here that show the setup?
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=25357

That's one that i still remember well (though that may be more because i was so close to a win.) and it used 2 factions.

However one thing to note, is that most "Normal" games tend to be less Power Role based (though that may be more my experience)
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2497 (isolation #5) » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:33 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

Make a anti-cult doctor would be my suggestion (can block the recruit essentially) this gets rid of most of the problems with the setup in my opinion (can't bring LYLO a day ahead as easily, can't just recruit the towniest of the town.)

The only draw back is that the town have no clue how many cult there is EVER.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2501 (isolation #6) » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:07 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 2499, callforjudgement wrote:
In post 2497, JasonWazza wrote:Make a anti-cult doctor would be my suggestion (can block the recruit essentially) this gets rid of most of the problems with the setup in my opinion (can't bring LYLO a day ahead as easily, can't just recruit the towniest of the town.)
That role's called Alarmist, and I guess it would help (scum would be more inclined to recruit earlier than later if they knew their recruitment wouldn't be guaranteed, meaning choices would become more meaningful). However, the problem still remains that scum's best strategy is to recruit on N2 or not at all (with both having the same EV). If scum attempts to recruit on N2, then if it works, fine, if it doesn't work (say you hit an alarmed player), still fine, you just don't recruit and go for the solo win. And you still don't have a groupscum team until D3. The only real change adding an Alarmist does, then, is to increase town win rate slightly due to the chance that scum miss with their recruit when it's 1:3 or 2:4 overnight, a 33% or 25% chance respectively (recruiting successfully wins scum the game in those settings, so they have no reason to do anything but randomize their target, or aim for a claimed Alarmist if there is one).
I think it changes the optimal strategy more then what your giving it credit for, though it does seem to be very powerful at stopping the win from being a day early (is that even all that bad?)
In post 2500, Who wrote:Thanks for the advice.

My problem with Alarmist is that I don't think it will do much, especially if it's the only PR. It's a named townie so no matter what it has that, but given the cult and the polygamist, I think who is recruited will depend more on who the cult leader is than on any information the Alarmist has access to. It might deter the cult from any obvious town leader, but even if it does it's job perfectly callforjudgement is right in that all that does is force a slightly worse but not bad strategy.

What if I put in a mason group of 2? (Know that the other is not the cult leader, can talk to each other, can be recruited)
Then if the cult leader went without recruiting/waited too long, the masons would control the town and the leader would be in a bad position.
Alarmist also means more trust in the townies at all times (your not about to start distrusting the towniest guy because night just went by.)

The problem i see occuring with a masonry is basically, if you recruit one, the other is essentially recruited for you (because they would generally trust each other.)
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2545 (isolation #7) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:42 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 2543, Burning_Earth wrote:I'd like a reviewer for a mini normal. It is mafia flavoured, and is simple even for a mini normal.
Mini normal's have their own Review team.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2562 (isolation #8) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:37 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 312, Tierce wrote:Please take note: The process for applying
as a moderator
for the Normal queue has changed.

You are expected to have a setup ready for review when you join this queue.
When you sign up to mod a Normal game, I will send you a private message requesting the following setup information:
  1. Number of players;
  2. Your opening posts (rules, flavor, and a copy of your Vanilla Townie role);
  3. The complete text of all role PMs;
  4. Any hidden moderator information;
  5. Whether you would like the setup reviewed for normalcy only, or normalcy and balance.
Additionally, when you sign up to mod a
Large
Normal, I require the following information:
  1. The name of your co- or backup moderator (must be eligible to run a Large Normal game);
  2. The current modding commitments the two (or more) of you have.
Prospective mods who do not provide all of the necessary information within
seven days
will be removed from the queue.

Allowances will be made for the moderators who are currently in the queue and have not yet sent in their setups.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”