Grand Idea Mafia

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: Ask, prefers they

Post Post #10550 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:49 am

Post by Korina »

No Role

Do not send this player a role PM.

Mod Notes: This player has an unjester win-condition.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #10551 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:49 am

Post by Korina »

No Role

Do not send this player a role PM.

Mod Notes: This player has a survivor win-condition.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #10552 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:56 am

Post by Korina »

Everyone Wins, Except You!

Re-roll this, but when the first win-condition would be met, inform the players everyone is allowed to win, except one player who they must decide upon by majority vote within 96 hours of the game "ending."
There are some stipulations to this as well:
- It cannot be a player who won the game through their win-condition.
- If nobody is picked to lose,
everyone
loses instead.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Xlos
Xlos
Goon
Xlos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10553 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:18 pm

Post by Xlos »

Copycat

The third time someone other than you seriously claims a role, you will get the claimed role and alignment and be invited to any respective private chats. It's up to the moderator to decide what constitutes a serious claim, and modify the role for balance if necessary. You are a Vanilla Townie until this occurs. This role can modify other roles. For example, if player X claims mason with Y, then you and Y will gain a private chat and Y's role will have the modifier mason added to it. You will not copy claimed night/day actions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------(does [line][/line] not work?)

90% chance to be a town role, but you could switch to scum if someone claims scum right after being hammered or claims jester or something.
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #10554 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:07 am

Post by TemporalLich »

Town 1-Hit Security Guard

Each night up until one "hit", you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, that player will learn whoever else targeted them. A "hit" will be counted if you successfully send someone a positive result.

In post 10553, Xlos wrote:
Copycat

The third time someone other than you seriously claims a role, you will get the claimed role and alignment and be invited to any respective private chats. It's up to the moderator to decide what constitutes a serious claim, and modify the role for balance if necessary. You are a Vanilla Townie until this occurs. This role can modify other roles. For example, if player X claims mason with Y, then you and Y will gain a private chat and Y's role will have the modifier mason added to it. You will not copy claimed night/day actions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------(does [line][/line] not work?)

90% chance to be a town role, but you could switch to scum if someone claims scum right after being hammered or claims jester or something.
you have to use this:

Code: Select all

[line]100[/line]

make the number less if you want a line that doesn't go all the way
time will end
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #10555 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:42 am

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

Lost Soul

Each night, you may strongman target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, you will learn if they are (one of) your master(s).

You win if your master or masters wins the game.

Mod Notes: Rand between all the players. If you land on a faction-aligned player, all players of that faction are a master. If you land on a Neutral, that player alone is a master.
Xlos
Xlos
Goon
Xlos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10556 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:53 pm

Post by Xlos »

Mafia Goon

Jake The Wolfie wrote:
Lost Soul

Each night, you may strongman target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, you will learn if they are (one of) your master(s).

You win if your master or masters wins the game.

Mod Notes: Rand between all the players. If you land on a faction-aligned player, all players of that faction are a master. If you land on a Neutral, that player alone is a master.
This one is pretty good
In post 10554, TemporalLich wrote: you have to use this:

Code: Select all

[line]100[/line]

make the number less if you want a line that doesn't go all the way
Thanks, it's confusing how all the bbcodes have different ways of inputting parameters (and shouldn't this one just be a default?)
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #10557 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:24 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

vanilla
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #10558 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:01 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

Town Vigilante Combined Cop Doctor

Each night, you may attempt to kill a player.

Each night, you may target a player to learn if they are
Mafia
or
Not Mafia
and protect them from being killed.

A toned down version of the Super Coptor
time will end
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #10559 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:01 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

Town Vigilante Combined Seer Doctor

Each night, you may attempt to kill a player.

Werewolf
or
Not Werewolf
and protect them from being killed.

A toned down version of the Super Coptor - flipped to a Seer
time will end
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #10560 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:44 pm

Post by Guillotina »

Town Vanilla

You may kill a player every night.
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #10561 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:54 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

Town Split Cop Seer

You must use all of your constituent actions to act, and all constituent actions must target different targets. If a single action fails, all constituent actions will fail.

Mafia
or
Not Mafia

Werewolf
or
Not Werewolf

Does anyone remember BooneyToonz? The Split modifier comes from there, though this is my attempt to make a Split role.

Split is not Compulsive by default, so this role may choose not to act.
time will end
Sirius9121
Sirius9121
Mafia Scum
Sirius9121
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10562 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:34 pm

Post by Sirius9121 »

Ramen

This adds the 'Ramen-loving' modifier with the role (reroll).
Whenever another player says the word 'Ramen' in the chat, they have the ability to use their own ability on them any time.
This effect can only be activated once per other player.
余命数か月ばかりの恋に点滴で扶養する患者達
被害者の甘い期待を弔い悔悟の機会を躊躇うドクター
所以など行方知らず未知の病巣に臥す患者達
発熱が死因 然れば早期に躊躇すべきだったと知る放火犯
Xlos
Xlos
Goon
Xlos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10563 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:43 pm

Post by Xlos »

Talented Townie

Everyone's got a talent, and you... well, we just don't know what yours is yet. But surely it exists! Every night, describe an action to the mod. If you've got the talent for it, then you'll successfully pull off the action. Some advice: If you try to do everything in one night, you might end up achieving nothing.

This player is a cop. Each night, they can follow someone else and determine their alignment. Depending on their described actions, the player might also just follow someone and not determine their alignment.
After each night, give them a strong indicator know if their action was successful or not.
e.g.
"PLAYERX seemed pretty strange while you were following him. He kept looking back, and you barely managed to evade detection each time. You saw him go into a building to meet with people for some time, and when he came out, his clothes reeked of blood..." (Guilty investigation Result)
"You decided to try and use your medicinal skills on PLAYERX. You're not sure what medicines are really made of, so you threw a bunch of random ingredients (pepper, grass, woodshavings) into her drink and prayed over it for an hour. She puked a bit when she tried it, but she
is
still alive... you might not know what you're doing." (Attempt to doctor player that didn't get attacked)

[This role has potential for a lot of funny flavor text, imagine them trying to be a vig or failing to save someone XD. There are also lots of variations...]
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #10564 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:49 pm

Post by Ircher »

Town Credentials Auditor

Each night, you may target a player. You will attempt to delay their action by three nights by forcing them to complete an audit.

Mod Notes: That is, the action is resolved three nights from now rather than on the current night. The action can be blocked on either the night the player attempted to use it or on the night it is actually resolved. This ability should resolve before redirects and roleblocks but after hiders.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [Ongoing]
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #10565 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:18 pm

Post by Ircher »

Mafia Extortionist

Each night, you may target a player. You will attempt to force them to give you half (rounded down) of their current money.
Mod Notes: See below for notes regarding money.

If the game does not currently have a shop/currency system, add the following one (otherwise, use the pre-existing one): town starts with $100 and mafia starts with $125. Players may spend money on the following items in the shop during night. Players cannot shop and use their action at the same time unless they are multitasking (or multitasking is innate). Players gain $20 at the end of each night if they were not roleblocked. If a player submits no action (or does not have a night action), they make $30 instead.

Ring of Life ($250): Revives you and makes you immune to dying if you are otherwise killed during the night. This is a passive ability, and when its effect activates, it is destroyed.

Weak Communication Link ($30): On the night you buy this, you may send a short (maximum of 999 characters including BBCode) message to a player of your choosing.

Bond Strengthener ($55): Once bought, the character cap on Weak Communication Link is increased by 500 characters for all players.
Each player may only purchase this once.

Strong Communication Link ($110): On the night you buy this, target a player. You will attempt to establish a neighborhood with them. It is open at the same times that the mafia private thread is open.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [Ongoing]
Sirius9121
Sirius9121
Mafia Scum
Sirius9121
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10566 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:51 pm

Post by Sirius9121 »

Make all Vanilla Townies in the game a
. Reroll this role as any role Sirius9121 has made.
余命数か月ばかりの恋に点滴で扶養する患者達
被害者の甘い期待を弔い悔悟の機会を躊躇うドクター
所以など行方知らず未知の病巣に臥す患者達
発熱が死因 然れば早期に躊躇すべきだったと知る放火犯
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10567 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:59 am

Quiet Roleblocker Alien

During the night, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, that player will be roleblocked. In addition, if someone were to learn that you visited your target last night, they would instead learn that someone visited your target last night.

You win when all threats to the Aliens have been eliminated.
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #10568 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:16 am

Post by KittyTacky »

Not_Mafia

You are a named third-party Compulsive Hammerer. Your automatic hammers are hidden and shown as "Not_Mafia" on the votecount, unless the actual Not_Mafia is in the game, in which case they are shown as "The Hammerer". Those hammers are counted as doublevotes.

You win if you hammer two or more people in the same game.
If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10569 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:18 am

Post by KittyTacky »

Vengeful Jester

You don't end the game when eliminated.
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10570 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:24 am

Post by KittyTacky »

Day 2 Condemner

Your target is <REPLACE THIS WITH A RANDOM NON-IC-LIKE PLAYER>. You win
only
if they are eliminated on Day 2, otherwise you lose. Your target becomes Unkillable (Bulletproof and Strongman-immune) for Night 1 only. Whether you win or lose, when Night 2 starts you will die unstoppably. If your target is modkilled or otherwise somehow dies before Night 2, you will become a
Vengeful Jester
~Vasex
~Enchant
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #10571 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:01 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

Astral Factions

This is
NOT
a role card. Please reroll this card.

This is an
Effect

Aliens get a 1-shot "alien tech" invention from a random active role in the Grand Idea Mafia thread.

All Cult Leader abilities are voided (combined ones become un combined) but the Cult must pick a single leader during pregame (if it was a combined Cult Leader, they get it combined again). The cult picks the Cult Leader from all the Cultists during pregame. Picking the Cult Leader adds on to the existing role and always works under any circumstance. The Cult Leader is a special role (which can be used with a personal ability as if it were a factional ability) that changes alignment to Cult, though it will fail on groupscum with living partners and will fail if either the Cult Leader or the target die that Night. The Cult Leader may not recruit more than 25% of the playerlist at one time. The Cult Leader will flip as a Cult Leader.

Pirates no longer have a factional kill. They gain a factional ability to plunder a player. That player will be permanently Vanillaized. The plunderer will learn their target's role. That ability will fail on any Vanilla.

The Pirate wincon is changed to this: You win when at least 1 player from each alignment in the game has been successfully plundered and at least one
Pirate
is alive. When this happens, all
Pirates
currently in the game will sail away on their ship (permanently leave the game victorious).
Alignments that are completely wiped out do not count for this win condition, thus you may win by getting rid of other teams.

This effect is revealed to everyone pregame.
Last edited by TemporalLich on Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
time will end
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10572 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:13 pm

Astral Planear

You have the modifier
Astral
, which means that your action cannot be prevented unless another
Astral
player prevents it, or if you are killed by a player who isn't
Astral
. In addition, you may prrform all non-kiling actions while dead, and may make 1 post with less than 100 characters every day.

During the night, you may give a player the
Astral
modifier.

You win if all living players possess the
Astral
modifier.
Xlos
Xlos
Goon
Xlos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10573 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:50 am

Post by Xlos »

Loud Random Cop

You have your voice and your vote. Each night, you can investigate a player to determine if they are town-aligned or not. However, the result will be wrong half the time. You can also perform this action once each day. The result will be announced to all players:

Cop
YourName
's investigation finds
TargetName
guilty/innocent!

Ircher wrote:
Town Credentials Auditor

Each night, you may target a player. You will attempt to delay their action by three nights by forcing them to complete an audit.

Mod Notes: That is, the action is resolved three nights from now rather than on the current night. The action can be blocked on either the night the player attempted to use it or on the night it is actually resolved. This ability should resolve before redirects and roleblocks but after hiders.
This one seems fun
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10574 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:24 pm

Post by theslimer3 »

One-Shot Vanilla Townie

This
may