Reaction Tests

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:51 am

Post by TierShift »

lol rxn test so fayke
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:33 am

Post by Fink »

Something from a recently completed game that didn't work there, I was wondering if you guys think works out very often:

Implying you support a wagon you believe to be an easy mislynch, scumreading the players who follow you on it, townreading those who don't. In a recent game, the scum seemed reluctant to commit, possibly fearing a trap, while the town found the easy mislynch legitimately scummy (although he did wind up being town). Is this a fluke, or kind of common?
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:48 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

I skinhead people egging on wagons from the sideline, so it could be.
It's a side effect if trying to appear town - you don't want to join wagons you know will flip town, but you know they need lynched to win.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:42 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 51, Fink wrote:Something from a recently completed game that didn't work there, I was wondering if you guys think works out very often:

Implying you support a wagon you believe to be an easy mislynch, scumreading the players who follow you on it, townreading those who don't. In a recent game, the scum seemed reluctant to commit, possibly fearing a trap, while the town found the easy mislynch legitimately scummy (although he did wind up being town). Is this a fluke, or kind of common?

You can have the scummiest players not get lynched and the towniest players get lynched. You can't predict town play or scum night kills.
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:16 pm

Post by tn5421 »

In post 53, reinoe wrote:
In post 51, Fink wrote:Something from a recently completed game that didn't work there, I was wondering if you guys think works out very often:

You can have the scummiest players not get lynched and the towniest players get lynched. You can't predict town play or scum night kills.

You can't fix stupid.
WIP
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:18 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Reaction tests generally only work well if you know a player's range of town behaviors (and they don't know their own range that well).

When I know I'm being reaction tested, even when I'm town I tend to do stuff like straight up ask "what did you think you'd learn from that question?"

I don't reaction test often, but when I see another player setting something up I sometimes play along to see where it goes.

It's good to notice, or research if a player sets up reaction tests when they're scum.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic

Return to “Mafia Discussion”