Long term health of mafiascum

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #452 (isolation #0) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:28 pm

Post by mith »

chamber poked me about this thread. I'll update the index page when I get home; anything else urgent?

I am open to any redesign ideas, including a complete rebranding. I don't know how much progress can realistically get made on that until I'm back from my honeymoon though.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #766 (isolation #1) » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:15 am

Post by mith »

In post 765, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 725, Mathdino wrote:- Figure out why EpicMafia and Town of Salem draw people (conclusion was that they're both more fun-oriented than competition-oriented)
Not sure if this helps but I figured I'd tell my own story how I got here. I played 2 or 3 mafia style games on a non-mafia site (it was a forum for Team Fortress 2). I really loved playing those games so I decided to search out another place to play them. The 2 sites I found and signed up for were MafiaScum and EpicMafia. For the life of me I could not figure out how to join a game of mafia on Epic mafia, but was able to very easily here (there are directions, and the forum is setup in a way that makes sense). I recently signed up for Town Of Salem to check it out and ALMOST ran out of there with my head spinning. While it was easy enough to get started, the default forum settings are INCREDIBLY off-putting. The avatars and signatures are all different sizes, some of them being so enormous, any time that user made a post it took up the entire page! I was able to turn both of those off in the settings, but I really like looking at an avatar to help put a face to the name.

In short I would love an update, but there are some things I would not want changed about mafiascum.
Some people like the crazy image filled signatures and wacky avatars. I do not, and have always pushed against the site creeping in that direction, so it's good to see that pay off in at least one case.
BBmolla wrote:
In post 754, Kison wrote:2) Automating the queues to some extent - makes it easier to see what's coming up & allows us to begin tracking some stats, and also opens the door for...
3) Moderator tools. Even if we merely automated vote counts, the gameplay experience is greatly improved & eases the burden on the supply-strained moderator pool.
I think these two should be the focus.
I am *hoping* to start working on game automation in the near future. (Granted, I've been saying that for 16+ years...) Hopefully I can chip away at it before baby #2 arrives.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”