Long term health of mafiascum

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #743 (isolation #0) » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:55 pm

Post by Ircher »

I mean, I think the longer deadlines are a good thing and not out of style. I would say more, but I don't have the time.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #902 (isolation #1) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:36 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 901, chitownmvp01 wrote:
In post 895, mastina wrote:
In post 893, ManateeDude wrote:As a person who started on other sites, a huge reason why ms is dying is because of the standard two week long days. I started as a ToS player, and I moved to the Forum Mafia Section there, the phases range from 120/48 to 72/24. Nobody wants to come to here with these phase lengths, I suggest that some games have shortened dayphases, because ms won't adapt otherwise.
With respect, deadlines of that length are the entire draw to mafiascum.

Well, that's a slight exaggeration, but not much of one.

I would not play in a game with a day deadline shorter than four days, at absolute minimum--and even then, I'd be miserable and underperform.
I don't play in games with deadlines shorter than a week, and a week is still a dangerously short amount of time if I just so happen to have a week where I'm incredibly busy/have a V/LA.

Ten days to fourteen days is the amount I typically USE. So my preferred DEADLINE is 14-21 days, as to not always encounter a deadline rush. (If I have a 21-day deadline, I'm never using all 21, but I will probably fully utilize 14. If I have a 14-day deadline, I'd certainly try to get things wrapped up by the tenth day.)

I stopped playing mafia elsewhere because mafia that uses those shorter deadlines--which I used to be able to handle just fine--I simply can't handle anymore.

I know I am far from unique in that aspect.
Really? I'm from TOS as well and I play on MU ocassionally where the day phases are less than half the time. I get bored if the phases are too long. I know many people, myself included that say that they will never play here unless the day phases aren't 2 weeks. So I'm not sure why you think the deadlines draw people here. Also, V/LA can be abused by not being on at EOD.
FYI: Comparing this site to Town of Salem is not an Apples to Apples comparison as they hardly attract the same player base.

2 weeks really isn’t that bad, and most of the time on this site, only Day 1 lasts two weeks. In some games, D2+ can last a long time, but for most people, they want the game over by the end of D2, so D3+ tend to last for about 3-7 unless it is LyLo.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #920 (isolation #2) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:10 pm

Post by Ircher »

I would also like to note that even for the marathon forum last time we had them....

Lots of people played during the first half of the weekend, but by the last day, everyone's interest had basically disappeared. THus, I don't think having a Blitz queue as a regular queue is goning to be a really good idea in the long-run.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”