Long term health of mafiascum

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #753 (isolation #0) » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:06 am

Post by Iconeum »

I'm new to this site, but I was familiar with mafia before I joined. I can imagine if you don't know a thing about mafia, that you simply won't stick around.
You make an account, browse for 30 minutes, find the Newbie Kew, sign up for a game.
An hour later you come back and see nothing has started. You ask when games tend to start and are answered: give it a week. A week! That just doesn't fit in the timeframe people have these days. New players would come here looking for a game to play now, not in a week.
Once your game(s) get going, there is plenty to do but you need players to stick around until then.

I believe this explains the popular rise from other games like ToS, in comparison to Mafiascum. This site is a real investment of time, and you need to have patience.

The Newbie Kew itself is great. The system of mixing experience with newbs is good. The experienced players add structure to the game, giving new players a good understanding of what to expect outside in the other Kews.
A more detailed and extensive review of the newbie players after a game is the one thing I would change there.

Just felt like responding to this :)
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi

Return to “Mafia Discussion”