Matrix6 and the Newbie Queue

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:44 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

In post 94, Mina wrote:I really like CES's backup set-up, except I feel like Town Cop + Backup needs more than a Rolecop to compensate it. (But my sense of balance is completely intuitive.) It means two players to kill so that there's no cop, unless scum get lucky on the lynch order.

If they nightkill the Cop, that still guarantees there's no investigation that Night, which is still quite good in such a small game. It seems to me like the added difficulty for the Mafia mostly lies in having to find more PRs over the course of game and a Role Cop would do that pretty effectively.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:59 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 66, Bicephalous Bob wrote:I really think it's a good idea to make the IC confirmed town with the chance of having a protective role. I don't see how you can teach newbies what you think is scummy if you have to push town at the same time, unless you're a shitty scumhunter, in which case you shouldn't be teaching newbies anyway.

No. We need the IC to also teach how what you're meant to do if you're being wagoned, and it's going to be shitty scum everywhere if the possibility of the IC being able to show how to play scum well is gone.
Scumhunting is not all there is to a game of mafia. Also from my experience in games that contain an innocent child, they just don't have the dedication to the game that comes with being a possible lynch, while those people may not be purple that would ic, it still shows innocent child it's a crap role.

Also total randomization of roles is needed!
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:25 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 101, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 66, Bicephalous Bob wrote:I really think it's a good idea to make the IC confirmed town with the chance of having a protective role. I don't see how you can teach newbies what you think is scummy if you have to push town at the same time, unless you're a shitty scumhunter, in which case you shouldn't be teaching newbies anyway.

No. We need the IC to also teach how what you're meant to do if you're being wagoned, and it's going to be shitty scum everywhere if the possibility of the IC being able to show how to play scum well is gone.
Scumhunting is not all there is to a game of mafia. Also from my experience in games that contain an innocent child, they just don't have the dedication to the game that comes with being a possible lynch, while those people may not be purple that would ic, it still shows innocent child it's a crap role.

Also total randomization of roles is needed!

Not to mention being an Innocent Cnld makes them the prime target for the nightkill, so they wouldn't be around to help Town after D1.
Whatisswag
Whatisswag
Goon
Whatisswag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:02 pm

Post by Whatisswag »

Hello, I suggest 2 goons, 6vts 1 cop
Whatisswag
Whatisswag
Goon