Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:54 pm

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 624, Titus wrote:
Nth Mafiaception for best town game

I was scum here. I had an off game but let's face it, we got owned.

fixed
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:34 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Seconding Drixx for Most Cunning Manipulator

At the very least, I've been constantly impressed with his scum-game.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:49 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 626, Varsoon wrote:

Thanks Varsoon. Since my noms have no links or anything, I'll just summarize my scum games this year to make life easier for the people who will be evaluating all of the noms.

In completed solo games, I was assigned scum six times. I replaced out of one of them early because of a death in the family (that was close on the heels of another) and a ton of stress IRL. I was killed night 1 by the SK of another that ended abruptly on day one with a modkill right while I was pushing a slot as SK, so it makes sense the SK took me out. In a third game, I died to the other scum team on night two when investigating one of them (I think it was 1-time reflexive ability that got me). So those were pretty janky and I didn't really get much chance to actually play.

Actual games worth consideration:

#1 - My first game on site. I replaced into a slot being scum read, turned it around and we had a perfect scum win. Thread Here

#2 - SMITE. I replaced into this behemoth of a game in the 3rd day. The scum team was already down 3 members and the remaining scum were super demoralized and inactive; and I was stuck with a fake claim from the prior player on my slot... one which made the difficulty of me being the one to live to the end and win much more difficult than one of the other two alive when I replaced in, I think. I recall at one point in day 4, my two remaining scum partners were something like 18 and 22 days idle in the main game thread. Both had abilities which could have delayed or prevented their deaths, but didn't use them. There was also a mod confirmed town player who was resurrected and who I had to leave alone because targeting them with an ability reflexively roleblocked for the following 2 phases. There was also a point where town was questioning my claim and the timing of things, and I pointed town to the exact place where they could find the info to immediately realize I was scum, and that worked. It's a huge game that's up for GOTY already I think (sorry ahead of time for those evaluating it ... it's really long ... but was quite good), but the thread is here

#3 - Again I replaced into this game on day two at L-1. I managed to get out of hot water and help my partner pull out a perfect scum win. Thread here

I just realized that my best scum games are all ones I replaced into. Not sure what that means. In any case, I hope the links are helpful to those evaluating.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:01 pm

Post by Drixx »

Nominating Titus for Best Mafia Catcher

I could just dump a list of most of Titus' town games throughout the year, but I'll be a little more specific.

As an example, in Suikoden U-Pick, Titus was able to accurately town read very difficult to read players and organize them in order to run a gambit. She was 100% right on those town reads and helped synergize them in the first 48 hours of the game. By the time the gambit played out, Titus accurately had the entire scum team pegged. In fact, her listing of scum consisted only of the scum team and the mason pair who gave off some scum signals.

I've played in perhaps 8 games with Titus throughout the year, and read a few others. Her ability to consistently figure out people are town and PoE her way to figuring out scum, and to do it very rapidly, is super impressive. In all the games I've played on site since joining, I haven't seen a more accurate "Mafia Catcher" ... and it's not even close. Will provide more links and summaries if necessary.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:55 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 627, Drixx wrote:
In post 626, Varsoon wrote:

Thanks Varsoon. Since my noms have no links or anything, I'll just summarize my scum games this year to make life easier for the people who will be evaluating all of the noms.

In completed solo games, I was assigned scum six times. I replaced out of one of them early because of a death in the family (that was close on the heels of another) and a ton of stress IRL. I was killed night 1 by the SK of another that ended abruptly on day one with a modkill right while I was pushing a slot as SK, so it makes sense the SK took me out. In a third game, I died to the other scum team on night two when investigating one of them (I think it was 1-time reflexive ability that got me). So those were pretty janky and I didn't really get much chance to actually play.

Actual games worth consideration:

#1 - My first game on site. I replaced into a slot being scum read, turned it around and we had a perfect scum win. Thread Here

#2 - SMITE. I replaced into this behemoth of a game in the 3rd day. The scum team was already down 3 members and the remaining scum were super demoralized and inactive; and I was stuck with a fake claim from the prior player on my slot... one which made the difficulty of me being the one to live to the end and win much more difficult than one of the other two alive when I replaced in, I think. I recall at one point in day 4, my two remaining scum partners were something like 18 and 22 days idle in the main game thread. Both had abilities which could have delayed or prevented their deaths, but didn't use them. There was also a mod confirmed town player who was resurrected and who I had to leave alone because targeting them with an ability reflexively roleblocked for the following 2 phases. There was also a point where town was questioning my claim and the timing of things, and I pointed town to the exact place where they could find the info to immediately realize I was scum, and that worked. It's a huge game that's up for GOTY already I think (sorry ahead of time for those evaluating it ... it's really long ... but was quite good), but the thread is here

#3 - Again I replaced into this game on day two at L-1. I managed to get out of hot water and help my partner pull out a perfect scum win. Thread here

I just realized that my best scum games are all ones I replaced into. Not sure what that means. In any case, I hope the links are helpful to those evaluating.

I guess I'll do this myself if this is a thing?
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:12 am

Post by VysePresident »

Eh, sure.

Nthing Drixx
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:16 pm

Post by Psyche »

not a thing
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:22 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 631, Psyche wrote:

not a thing

Sorry. I was trying to be helpful so that the group of people who do the evaluating don't have to do a bunch of extra work. I figured a brief summary of my body of work as scum for the year, with links to what is worth looking at would be useful and helpful. Wasn't at all intending to trespass on any spoken or unspoken ground that shouldn't be trespassed upon.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:24 pm

Post by Psyche »

you're fineeee
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:24 pm

Post by VysePresident »

In post 632, Drixx wrote:
In post 631, Psyche wrote:

not a thing

Sorry. I was trying to be helpful so that the group of people who do the evaluating don't have to do a bunch of extra work. I figured a brief summary of my body of work as scum for the year, with links to what is worth looking at would be useful and helpful. Wasn't at all intending to trespass on any spoken or unspoken ground that shouldn't be trespassed upon.

Drixx, you are a more melancholic version of me, when I'm not acting like I actually know what I'm doing in life.

In other words, don't sweat it dude. I was actually kinda interested, and it wasn't too gratingly egocentric or anything.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:48 pm

All of my 9/0 scum wins are on my wiki.

:good:

I'd recommend looking at NY184 first but I'd also recommend Firebringer Mafia (1737), and Netherspite's SORM (NY1739x).
Last edited by RadiantCowbells on Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:14 am

Post by wgeurts »

Nominate Postie for most cunning manipulator for Slavik Music Mafia II

Will write a proper explanation later but basically she lost her partner day one and then proceeded to fool every member of the town thus not getting scum read by A SINGLE one. This lead eventually to the towns loss in lylo.
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:17 am

In post 636, wgeurts wrote:
Nominate Postie for most cunning manipulator for Slavik Music Mafia II

Will write a proper explanation later but basically she lost her partner day one and then proceeded to fool every member of the town thus not getting scum read by A SINGLE one. This lead eventually to the towns loss in lylo.

2nd

I threw up when I found out she was scum.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:18 am

Post by Espeonage »

Nth Postie

She lost her partner, and managed to play with such amazing grace throughout the next day and on so that there was no endgame scenario where she could have lost. She made one incredibly minor mistake the whole game and the fact that we have to dig in to something so minute that it never even got brought up to find any way we could have caught her is a testament to how incredibly solid her play was the entirety of the game.
Don't @ me.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:18 am

Post by wgeurts »

Maybe
Rising star for the same play

That's her first scum game!
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:21 am

In post 639, wgeurts wrote:Maybe
Rising star for the same play

That's her first scum game!

2nd
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:23 am

Post by Plotinus »

nth Postie for both

she played very well in her first scum game and the entire dead thread was townreading her and cheering her on.

edit: but the game finished today so this might be a scummies 2016 nomination instead of a 2015 one
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:31 am

Post by Plotinus »

I think the night 2 and night 3 actions really encapsulate the entire story:

In post 900, Plotinus wrote:

night 2 actions
  • Bodyguard 2 RadiantCowbells
    is protecting
    Postie
  • Bodyguard 3 Espeonage
    is protecting nobody.
  • Bodyguard 4 VysePresident
    is protecting
    Postie
  • Bodyguard 5 InflatablePie
    is protecting
    Postie
    . (FAIL: roleblocked)
  • Bodyguard 6 BulletNLynchproof
    is protecting nobody.
  • Postie
    is roleblocking
    InflatablePie
    and killing
    BulletNLynchProof
    but
    BulletNLynchProof
    is dying instead.

night 3 actions
  • Bodyguard 2 RadiantCowbells
    is protecting
    Postie
  • Bodyguard 3 Espeonage
    is protecting
    RadiantCowbells
    . (fail, roleblocked)
  • Bodyguard 4 wgeurts
    is protecting
    Postie
  • Postie
    is roleblocking
    Espeonage
    and killing
    RadiantCowbells
    but
    RadiantCowbells
    is dying instead.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:30 am

Post by shos »

^^^ this is amazing.
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:20 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 613, Varsoon wrote:Uhm, errr, uh, gonna, uh, err
Nom Varsoon for Modfather

*cough*

This year, he ran Varsoon Mafia (large theme), Space Dandy Mafia (mini theme), Steven Universe Mafia (large theme), and Suikoden U-pick (mini theme). He is currently running Steven Universe the Prequel (mini-theme) with SaGa Frontier Large Theme in signups. That's a lot of games to run in a year, I think. I'm pretty sure there wasn't a point in time where Varsoon wasn't running a game or doing design for the next.

Each of these games had a fantastic turnout, flavor that involved players and was perfectly rendered into mafia, and, uh, basically, Varsoon's a great moderator and has been putting lots of effort into these games and so I think he should win this award. As a testament to the credentials he has built as a moderator, his current Mini Theme for Steven Universe the Prequel filled in 4 and a half hours and received 4 /ins to replace. That's gotta count for, i dunno, something.

I don't wanna toot my horn, but I really do think I put a ton of effort in and that a lot of players appreciated it. I've been told by more than one player that my games are why they play on this site/have continued to play. I also noticed that there wasn't much competition for the modfather award and so I want it not to just be a shoe-in but something that's considered a bit more. I dunno. I'm a loser.

FUCKING LOL
green shirt thursdays
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:29 am

Post by Fro99er »

Cunning manipulator is a body of work award, but I think it's a great start for 2016 for postie.
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:36 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Any noms past this point will go with Scummies 2016.

This thread will be closed when I put the new thread up. Please do not make 2016 noms in this thread.

Thanks to everyone for participating in the nomination process.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:13 pm

Front page update where? D:
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:17 am

In post 628, Drixx wrote:

I could just dump a list of most of Titus' town games throughout the year, but I'll be a little more specific.

As an example, in Suikoden U-Pick, Titus was able to accurately town read very difficult to read players and organize them in order to run a gambit. She was 100% right on those town reads and helped synergize them in the first 48 hours of the game. By the time the gambit played out, Titus accurately had the entire scum team pegged. In fact, her listing of scum consisted only of the scum team and the mason pair who gave off some scum signals.

I've played in perhaps 8 games with Titus throughout the year, and read a few others. Her ability to consistently figure out people are town and PoE her way to figuring out scum, and to do it very rapidly, is super impressive. In all the games I've played on site since joining, I haven't seen a more accurate "Mafia Catcher" ... and it's not even close. Will provide more links and summaries if necessary.

Can I still second this?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:32 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 648, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 628, Drixx wrote:

Can I still second this?

It's for 2015, so I think so. Untrod Tripod just pointed out that any nominations for 2016 games will more properly belong in that thread once it goes up.

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”