Does a role like this exist?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Arcturus
Arcturus
Townie
Arcturus
Townie
Townie

Does a role like this exist?

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:32 am

Post by Arcturus »

I'm wondering if there is a role where Player A would be paired with Player B sort of like lovers, but with a twist. Player A would be a special role (cop, doc, whatever) and if Player B died, Player A would lose their special role abilities instead of killing themselves.
Player B wouldn't know anything about Player A needing them to be alive. Maybe Player A would know their abilities depended on Player B being alive, or maybe they would know that they need a "certain player" to remain alive but not know specifically who it is.

Is there a role or a modifier like this?
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:33 am

Post by zoraster »

ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:50 am

Post by ZZZX »

I think he ment like a "person" exclusive version of the Enabler.

However this gave me a nice idea...
Implosion: I see ZZZX was
redacted
. For shame, people. For shame.
The Bulge: ZZZX is ZZZX
Get to know a ZZZX: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=58733
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:05 am

Post by Fenchurch »

That is similar to how an Enabler functions in Greater Idea. If you are an Enabler, at the start of the game it is randomly determined which of the other players you are Enabling (in face to face, it's often pre-determined as the player on your right or left). Throughout the rest of the game, if that player has a special ability (which is fairly likely in Greater Idea), they will not be able to use it if the Enabler is dead; and only the Enabler knows this.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:33 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 2, ZZZX wrote:I think he ment like a "person" exclusive version of the Enabler.

However this gave me a nice idea...

If you're only got one of a role, the enabler does just that.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:18 am

Post by Aeronaut »

I'm working on a role sort of reverse to this, currently. It's quite interesting.
2023 W/L | 1-0
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:40 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 0, Arcturus wrote:I'm wondering if there is a role where Player A would be paired with Player B sort of like lovers, but with a twist. Player A would be a special role (cop, doc, whatever) and if Player B died, Player A would lose their special role abilities instead of killing themselves.
Player B wouldn't know anything about Player A needing them to be alive. Maybe Player A would know their abilities depended on Player B being alive, or maybe they would know that they need a "certain player" to remain alive but not know specifically who it is.

Regarding your avatar:

Hi, I'm kuribo. You may remember me from such self help videos as "Smoke yourself thin," and "Get confident, stupid!"
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:44 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 0, Arcturus wrote:I'm wondering if there is a role where Player A would be paired with Player B sort of like lovers, but with a twist. Player A would be a special role (cop, doc, whatever) and if Player B died, Player A would lose their special role abilities instead of killing themselves.

I use it

Return to “Mafia Discussion”