So what's the story on your title and how you got it?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:20 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 8, Kublai Khan wrote:As scum, I lie to people to win games for my faction.
More specifically, Khan made the first famous miller gambit, in Emerald City.
(Full disclosure: game had a N0. Cop got a guilty on him. Without the cop having claimed, he immediately claimed miller. Cop after that was left dumbfounded on what to do.)

One scum faction (correctly) pushing him as scum (AKA, me in my VI days) certainly helped to 'clear' him, too.
/stillbitter.

My title has a multitude of layers. Its most obvious is that my original account was Mastin (speaking of which, Mastin's title of Unabridged is fairly self-explanatory: I am
still
to this very day fighting my reputation of being the most notorious wallposter of all time), with me having made mastin2 on my scumday. (Long story short, I was more comfortable being mastin2 than Mastin; mastin2 was my original username that when I joined I turned into simply Mastin, yet I missed the old way.)

I also wanted a fresh start, having not done so well on Mastin (most games there were my VI days), so me coming onto my new account was a new beginning for me, after a year's hiatus. The title gained attention off of something I'm not comfortable discussing publicly now, basically dealing with my physical appearance and it became a pun off of that, but gained new meaning in February of 2014 when I revealed who I was to speakeasy users.

There's a reason that it's the perfect title for me.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Vampirate
Vampirate
Goon
Vampirate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:51 am

Post by Vampirate »

In post 25, mastin2 wrote:
In post 8, Kublai Khan wrote:As scum, I lie to people to win games for my faction.
More specifically, Khan made the first famous miller gambit, in Emerald City.
(Full disclosure: game had a N0. Cop got a guilty on him. Without the cop having claimed, he immediately claimed miller. Cop after that was left dumbfounded on what to do.)

One scum faction (correctly) pushing him as scum (AKA, me in my VI days) certainly helped to 'clear' him, too.
/stillbitter.

My title has a multitude of layers. Its most obvious is that my original account was Mastin (speaking of which, Mastin's title of Unabridged is fairly self-explanatory: I am
still
to this very day fighting my reputation of being the most notorious wallposter of all time), with me having made mastin2 on my scumday. (Long story short, I was more comfortable being mastin2 than Mastin; mastin2 was my original username that when I joined I turned into simply Mastin, yet I missed the old way.)

I also wanted a fresh start, having not done so well on Mastin (most games there were my VI days), so me coming onto my new account was a new beginning for me, after a year's hiatus. The title gained attention off of something I'm not comfortable discussing publicly now, basically dealing with my physical appearance and it became a pun off of that, but gained new meaning in February of 2014 when I revealed who I was to speakeasy users.

There's a reason that it's the perfect title for me.

I always thought it was because you replace in a lot of games (your location) so 2nd coming would be the 2nd player for the role :V
You are not more paranoid than me!!!!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:16 am

Post by mastin2 »

That's actually a partial relic.
I
used
to replace into games a TON, back when mastin2 was still a new thing. Nowadays, though, I only replace in on request, just as I only play in games by request. (And yet, in spite of that, I still play an average of 3-5 games at any given time--that's because enough people are on good terms with me as to request my presence, and yes, about half of them are as a replacement. It's just that I used to get 90% of my games that way and now it's down to 50%.)

The closest aspect of the title to what you describe is how both my towngame and my scumgame have at separate times had a "second coming". Second coming of my towngame being games where I nail the scum, second coming of my scumgame being Anything Goes and then exactly one year later, Left4Dead. (I'm due for another one this year. :P)
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:55 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 9, Nero Cain wrote:<-----is not popular

I want a good title for you Nero : (

My title is because my method of attacking people, especially as scum, reminds ome people of Glenn Beck. Except Im a bird so you know, puns.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:55 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

Puns indeed.

This is my usual avatar. I've been using it less since I got the title.
To be clear: quack
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:34 pm

Post by kuribo »

UberNinja of all people suggested mine

RachMarie Nthed it and said it was appropriate because despite my in-game persona, I'm actually a nice guy outside of games

i dont see the connection but
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew

Return to “Mafia Discussion”