Alt accounts

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:45 am

Post by zoraster »

Unless it's a new alt, I would assume that listmods and GD mods know the identity of all alts. Sure, they shouldn't purposefully use their power to gain an advantage, but it's unlikely that they have to do so to know the identity of most alts. Requiring replacing out for knowing alts is too much. If you don't want that to happen in your modded games, require that all alts be known (as I like to do) or prohibit those with access to alts from joining (for the record: listmods, admins, GD mods, and I think chamber still may have access).
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:59 am

Post by PokerFace »

PokerFace wrote:If you fake being a hydra when you are not, I don't like you

Its ok to ask someone who they are alt of, but they don't have to tell you. If you abuse your mod powers to look up who an alt belongs to, I don't like you and will never play in a game you mod or let you play a game I mod

You should replace out if you learn who an alt is accidentally and are not suppose to know, or when everyone else does not know who they are in the game. Unfair advantage is unfair

fixed. having the power to find out is okay

finding out is okay pending on how you find out, like if they tell everyone because you asked. using your powers to find out or gain an advantage is bad

using it to your advantage or the disadvantage of others because only you know is bad

as long as that does not happen you don't have to replace out
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:02 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 100, zoraster wrote:Unless it's a new alt, I would assume that listmods and GD mods know the identity of all alts. Sure, they shouldn't purposefully use their power to gain an advantage, but it's unlikely that they have to do so to know the identity of most alts. Requiring replacing out for knowing alts is too much. If you don't want that to happen in your modded games, require that all alts be known (as I like to do) or prohibit those with access to alts from joining (for the record: listmods, admins, GD mods, and I think chamber still may have access).

What is it to actively know? You may remember that X is an alt but if you don't remember who owns the alt, then its not an issue. you have the power to know but do you? If you do and feel you are unfairly taking advantage of some knowledge other people don't have, you should replace out
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:13 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Well, as hard as all the mods work, there still is an element of the honor system in play. When a rule is broken, generally we only find out when someone does the right thing and reports it.

For skittles that play games, we assume the highest level of honor. I don't think it's officially written down anywhere, but I think it's understood that failing to play mafia ethically (by knowingly abusing power to secure an advantage) might result in the loss of skittle coloring. We have the duty to monitor ourselves first and foremost.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:20 am

Post by PokerFace »

good

I have been around the site for a long time. Reason i never became list/sitemod is I like being irresponsible and I don't want to be tempted with some of the powers you guys have
lufan131
lufan131
Goon
lufan131
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:25 am

Post by lufan131 »

In post 100, zoraster wrote:Unless it's a new alt, I would assume that listmods and GD mods know the identity of all alts. Sure, they shouldn't purposefully use their power to gain an advantage, but it's unlikely that they have to do so to know the identity of most alts. Requiring replacing out for knowing alts is too much. If you don't want that to happen in your modded games, require that all alts be known (as I like to do) or prohibit those with access to alts from joining (for the record: listmods, admins, GD mods, and I think chamber still may have access).

Not everyone has access? I ended up making a few by mistake, and I might try logging in to one for a check.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:28 am

Post by zoraster »

not everyone has access to what?
lufan132
lufan132
Watcher
lufan132
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:30 am

Post by lufan132 »

Alts, right? Apparently mine works, though. Or, do you mean access to who knows what players are alts, who the alts are of, and all of those things.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:35 am

Post by zoraster »

the latter.