f2f mafia

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:39 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Dude. I feel your pain. ... two years ago (I think) I played IRL mafia for the first time. Long story short, I was nervous, and couldn't develop strong scum reads as I would want to. What happened? I noticed scum get lynched. But no because of me. I was just saying "Hey that guy is inactive, lynch him!" and that's it! LOL while one dude was blatantly scum, but I didn't notice it. I didn't know what to look for.

The tells you use in IRL mafia is different. ... I will tell you. I AM THE GUY THAT WILL LAUGH AS MAFIA. Of course, In these first few times, I was town. Yet I was nervous, and a power role BOTH FUCKING TIMES. It was hard to get accustomed in that case, I was really nervous. People sense that and they get on me for that. First game people understood, second game, not so much because some boner was pressuring me for -reasons-. (Meaning, his wincon was to gamble on who would die, so he pressured me on stuff to get me to crack... and I did and then he had a strong scum read from it... and I yelled... IM A PR OK!!)

I get tired when I'm trying to do things and i'm constantly being berated early game. I can't do two things at once! LOL

------------------------------------------

Now. Some new updates. I played more iRL mafia. Dude, IRL mafia while intoxicated... is da bess. (So is mario party while high) But anyways, as mafia irl... I have to hold back my laugh. It's so hard guys. I can't lie. Like I suck at lying.

I got a little better but i'm still like a irl mafia newbie... I need lotsa more experience. Maybe one day I'll come to a meet or something.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:33 am

Post by Bellaphant »

@fel, I've played the little girl variant - the balance was that if the werewolves saw you peaking /looking at them during night, they ate you straightaway!
Felissan
Felissan
Goon
Felissan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:15 pm

Post by Felissan »

@Ranmaru, it was way funnier than it was frustrating, so it's ok.
In post 26, Bellaphant wrote:@fel, I've played the little girl variant - the balance was that if the werewolves saw you peaking /looking at them during night, they ate you straightaway!

That counterbalances it a little bit, but if the player who gets that role is good enough at squinting, he actually has a chance to make it past N1 knowing the entire wolf team, and a claim ends the game straight away.
"Dammit Felissan, making someone lose the game is NOT NICE"
- DeathRowKitty 2016
"Also, the me in your signature just made the me in this thread lose the game and I'm not sure how to feel about this."
- DeathRowKitty 2018
"You've made me make myself lose the game so many times that I feel like it's an entirely new game I'm losing"
- DeathRowKitty 2022
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:43 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

True. We played it around a dozen times, though, and we only had a positive result on one werewolf once. Maybe our little girls where terrible :p
Felissan
Felissan
Goon
Felissan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:54 pm

Post by Felissan »

A role that's actually quite fun from Werewolf is the Witch, a 1-shot Doc and 1-shot Vig who gets to know who was killed by the wolves before taking her decisions. The one thing I don't like about Werewolf is how it encourages to put tons of PRs to the point the wolves almost never win: when I played it lately, we played at least a dozen games and the only time it wasn't won by town, it was a Townie/Wolf lovers pair.
- DeathRowKitty 2016
"Also, the me in your signature just made the me in this thread lose the game and I'm not sure how to feel about this."
- DeathRowKitty 2018
"You've made me make myself lose the game so many times that I feel like it's an entirely new game I'm losing"
- DeathRowKitty 2022
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:27 am

Post by Ether »

Little girls are probably stronger when the people playing them have long hair. I'm pretty sure I could either mask my intentions from scum, or force them to kill me Night 1 every single time. (Assuming I'm allowed to wear my hair loose.)

I hate face to face, but in theory I wish there were more roles that took advantage of the fact that it's face to face. Dentists/silencers are funny. A dayvig that has to hit you with a ball to kill you would be funny.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Felissan
Felissan
Goon
Felissan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:32 am

Post by Felissan »

A house rule I often played with added a Butcher to the game, who chooses each night a player who can either get silenced or lose the right to use his arms for the next day.

One huge recommendation to anyone who wants to mod f2f but has never played it before: don't do one huge game, do a lot of smaller ones instead. It's really boring to be dead, and people care less about the game if it's been going on for half an hour.
- DeathRowKitty 2016
- DeathRowKitty 2018
- DeathRowKitty 2022

Return to “Mafia Discussion”