Replacing In - Catching Up

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:07 am

Post by quadz08 »

Part of the reason I don't play anymore is because I cannot be fucked to read the game more than the first read, and the fact that I never did contributed to my generally poor play.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
True Ogre
True Ogre
Goon
True Ogre
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:38 am

Post by True Ogre »

Tue Ogre has special place for you in hell.

Juicy brainlessness cell where any thought of greatness is rewarded, then taken advantage of.

You owe to True Ogre one musk stick and one confectionary snake to be freed.
True Ogre WINS!
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:26 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 11, chamber wrote:Do the people in the not backread camp not reread their games multiple times? If I live to endgame there is a decent chance I've read everything 3-5 times.

Yes. Games just tend to die when people start posting from those rereads as well.

I'm fine with you rereading, but please don't bring everything back up into a wall. You'll probably get townread, but then people will just think you're putting in enough effort, and they'll just sheep your reads - and then nothing new is generated.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:01 pm

Post by Accountant »

If people sheep your reads, doesn't that imply that you have control over the way the game goes? And if you scumread correctly, won't people sheep scum, and therefore help you win?
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:56 pm

Post by Titus »

I don't read upon replacing in but that's more of a personal thing. If I was an emotional player, I would have to read more to get an ideas for emotions. To me, the game is like a chessboard.

You don't need the history to know what the optimal moves were and should be.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:44 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

I would think emotional players would rather just interact directly with the players rather than reread what already happened. Seems like it would be similar to the difference between first-hand and second-hand meta in that it would be easier to pick up on things when you were there at the time rather than reading it in hindsight.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:12 am

Post by chamber »

In post 27, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 11, chamber wrote:Do the people in the not backread camp not reread their games multiple times? If I live to endgame there is a decent chance I've read everything 3-5 times.

Yes. Games just tend to die when people start posting from those rereads as well.

I'm fine with you rereading, but please don't bring everything back up into a wall. You'll probably get townread, but then people will just think you're putting in enough effort, and they'll just sheep your reads - and then nothing new is generated.

I can't remember posting many walls ever. Sometimes they do manage to slip out, but this wouldn't be one of those times.
Taking a break from the site.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”