Scumslips

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:32 pm

Post by hiplop »

In post 24, talah wrote:
In post 21, kuribo wrote:
In post 19, Zachrulez wrote:It seems like modkilling him in that situation is a horrible idea, since it removes the town's need to even lynch him, which seems like the natural progression of that slip.

Not to mention the tab itself gives no evidence to what game the topic was a link to, or that it was even to an ongoing game.

Yeah, I agree "Mafia secret QT" doesn't even refer to the game name or anything. It could have been some other game, or a game he was modding, or a game that he was looking over from the past.

There *wasn't* any implication aside from the fact the folks who spotted it would all be discussing information which was outside of the thread.
For example, the only defence that could be proposed was "it was a scum PT for another, different, ongoing thread"

^^^

yeah that makes so much sense
third best scummer of all time
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:01 am

Post by Zachrulez »

It could have also been from a completed game. (I myself regularly read completed game QT back in the day.)

Players in the game could have reacted in various ways. Either it was for the game they were in, in which case the reaction is to lynch the player for the mistake. Conclude that it's from a different game, which is fine as long as you don't outright speculate on it or actually use the image in another game. Conclude that it's from a completed game in which case do nothing.

The fact he was modkilled I think was a bad decision. If he was in fact perma sitebanned, it was a gross over reaction. That punishment really doesn't fit the crime here.

Edit: He was banned for something else. I don't disagree with that one.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:35 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

"its from a completed game"

"link it then"

Like the problem is that once he posted that picture he basically confirmed himself as scum in one of the games he was playing to where it would basically be beneficial to lynch him in every game he was alive in at the time. But thats not even why he was modkilled. I linked the tierce post where they explained it in
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
A flash of steel announces the presence of his quarry.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:38 am

Post by Zachrulez »

I'm eh on it, but looking at why yates was banned, I'm not really feeling like there's much goodwill left to defend on the mistake. (Blatantly cheating)

Return to “Mafia Discussion”