Flash set ups

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Flash set ups

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:26 pm

Post by Zulfy »

Is there anything wrong with setting up a game in which the usage of the power roles effects a quick conclusion? Like after two or three days?

Like if you have a bunch of killing roles in your set-up and are able to keep it from being too swingy, is that frowned upon?
no investigation no right to speak
a plain farmer
a plain farmer
Goon
a plain farmer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:13 pm

Post by a plain farmer »

I'd imagine achieving this minimum swingyness is where the difficulty lies. I suppose you could have a bunch of scum enablers of town roles and town enablers of scum roles to minimize the harm a cluster of deaths could cause each faction.
Amihan
Amihan
Goon
Amihan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:54 pm

Post by Amihan »

When I used to play role crazy games I found that my favorite ones were when there was a definite period of time where each player's action could have an effect if used effectively. The most important thing with these kinds of games, besides making sure that they're not breakable, is making sure that nobody's role is depressing. Hope that helps.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:30 pm

Post by wgeurts »

Desperation
Effectively this is a Vengeful in disguise with some other stuff.
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:00 am

Post by popsofctown »

Is swing such an issue if the game itself isn't going to last long after the big "swing"? You won't languish in it, and you can start a new one.

I would think swing is an issue when you're playing a big game and Cop that keeps the setup balance from being ridiculous gets shot night 1 and the SK doesn't hit mafia and things have already swung heavily against the town but there will still be multiple game days to play etc. So you're stuck in a feelsbad place.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"

Return to “Mafia Discussion”