Townie Responsibilities

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Pronoun: He

Post Post #25  (ISO)  » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:40 pm

The problem is that almost every player will have different ideas of what post "seems to have the towns best interest in mind."

You and I can read the same post and come to very different conclusions about what it means or what the player is trying to do. And we might even both be wrong.
"They're all covered with filthy germs, aren't they, Smithers?"

Killthestory
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #26  (ISO)  » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:43 pm

That's scumhunting in a nutshell.

Accountant
Self-Evident

Pronoun: They

Post Post #27  (ISO)  » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:54 am

You can have towns best interest in mind and still be a liability
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.

callforjudgement
Microprocessor

Post Post #28  (ISO)  » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:06 am

Yes, but if someone's town, lynching them is unfortunately often a bad idea even if they're a liability.

It tends to be a better idea the earlier you are in the game (which is why policy lynches most often happen on Day 1). In fact, I suspect policy lynching the player with the most scumsided playstyle is the best play on Day 1 of a 2:11 mountainous game (basically because it hardly hurts your EV if they're town, you may well have to live with them all game otherwise as scum won't NK them, and there's always the chance that they happened to roll scum this game).
scum · scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn · town

Killthestory
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #29  (ISO)  » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:35 pm

I prefer to just steamroll scum

Ircher
What A Grand Idea

Pronoun: He

Post Post #30  (ISO)  » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:59 pm

In post 28, callforjudgement wrote:Yes, but if someone's town, lynching them is unfortunately often a bad idea even if they're a liability.

It tends to be a better idea the earlier you are in the game (which is why policy lynches most often happen on Day 1). In fact, I suspect policy lynching the player with the most scumsided playstyle is the best play on Day 1 of a 2:11 mountainous game (basically because it hardly hurts your EV if they're town, you may well have to live with them all game otherwise as scum won't NK them, and there's always the chance that they happened to roll scum this game).

:( Biased
Check out my Player Ratings page!
Level Up (15/4+) is currently ongoing. Come slay monsters. How high of a level can you reach?
Join Nomic (5/5+), an ever-evolving game where players vote upon the rules. NEED PLAYERS
Fun Fact: An eigenvalue associated with a square matrix A is a scalar (i.e.: number) λ that satisfies the matrix equation Ax = λx.

Previous
[ + ]

Return to Mafia Discussion