Quick question

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Lissa
Lissa
Goon
Lissa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:31 pm

Post by Lissa »

My homesite is participating in this for the second time and it is a really cool thing. Fun and results in a lot of community bonding. It has a ton of potential to bring people here.

you should definitely send someone to participate
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:45 pm

Post by wgeurts »

Would any of the moderation team have an issue with me making a thread were people could sign-up for this and others could vote between those?
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2016 8:53 am

Post by KittyMo »

Vi wrote:Some people have seen this thread and asked about cross-site games. This is the administration's response.

As of right now, we don't think mafiascum is generally interested in cross-site games. There were not enough applications on our side for the M:tGS invitational, and it only really got off the ground because a couple of the players who applied went forward with it on their own. Added to this, there was a significant pre-existing rapport with the M:tGS community prior to the current cross-site invitational.

As a result, the administration is not officially endorsing any representation of mafiascum on other sites.

In addition, soliciting players for offsite games (without administrative approval) is against site rules.

This was the mod team's 2013 stance. Doing the cross-site tournament with MTGS was a big deal to organize at the time, even though we've historically shared playerbases to some degree and play at a similar speed/with a similar meta/etc. There was relatively little interest from our userbase at the time. (And I say that as someone who did spectate and had friends playing in it.) In terms of those things, Thingyman/TheMainMan's cross-site games are much more removed.

Granted, site culture/policy (and its policymakers) has changed a bit since then. If it was clear that our community was actually interested beyond people who primarily play mafia elsewhere, it might make a difference. I think the mod team is busy trying to adjust to 3 new list mods and figuring out how to go about the Blitz queue, and all the red tape that goes along with that. So it's pretty bad timing to be trying to get this to change too, unless there's evidence that a lot of people care, because the admin stance seems to be that being represented in an official capacity is/should be a big deal for us.

FrogSC2 and PantherPunt have done well at giving a really poor impression of MafiaUniverse, and I hope not to see more people come and continue that trend. Making another MD thread that is toeing the line of breaking the site rules (unless you've received explicit permission) also seems counterproductive.

I think it'd be cool to see Nacho, or whoever is crazy enough to play 36/12 phases play. It's also funny to me that the tournament setup is based loosely on our Matrix6 setup but that we're one of the few active mafia communities not represented. And if nothing else, it's a good eye-opener to see that technology is not as much of a selling point for us anymore (the site the cross site games in question are being hosted at is way ahead in terms of automatic moderation, although it's great that we finally got auto-threadlocks.)
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
PantherPunt
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2016 9:56 am

Post by PantherPunt »

In post 77, KittyMo wrote:
Vi wrote:Some people have seen this thread and asked about cross-site games. This is the administration's response.

As of right now, we don't think mafiascum is generally interested in cross-site games. There were not enough applications on our side for the M:tGS invitational, and it only really got off the ground because a couple of the players who applied went forward with it on their own. Added to this, there was a significant pre-existing rapport with the M:tGS community prior to the current cross-site invitational.

As a result, the administration is not officially endorsing any representation of mafiascum on other sites.

In addition, soliciting players for offsite games (without administrative approval) is against site rules.

This was the mod team's 2013 stance. Doing the cross-site tournament with MTGS was a big deal to organize at the time, even though we've historically shared playerbases to some degree and play at a similar speed/with a similar meta/etc. There was relatively little interest from our userbase at the time. (And I say that as someone who did spectate and had friends playing in it.) In terms of those things, Thingyman/TheMainMan's cross-site games are much more removed.

Granted, site culture/policy (and its policymakers) has changed a bit since then. If it was clear that our community was actually interested beyond people who primarily play mafia elsewhere, it might make a difference. I think the mod team is busy trying to adjust to 3 new list mods and figuring out how to go about the Blitz queue, and all the red tape that goes along with that. So it's pretty bad timing to be trying to get this to change too, unless there's evidence that a lot of people care, because the admin stance seems to be that being represented in an official capacity is/should be a big deal for us.

FrogSC2 and PantherPunt have done well at giving a really poor impression of MafiaUniverse, and I hope not to see more people come and continue that trend. Making another MD thread that is toeing the line of breaking the site rules (unless you've received explicit permission) also seems counterproductive.

I think it'd be cool to see Nacho, or whoever is crazy enough to play 36/12 phases play. It's also funny to me that the tournament setup is based loosely on our Matrix6 setup but that we're one of the few active mafia communities not represented. And if nothing else, it's a good eye-opener to see that technology is not as much of a selling point for us anymore (the site the cross site games in question are being hosted at is way ahead in terms of automatic moderation, although it's great that we finally got auto-threadlocks.)

I started out playing here. I don't "represent" anywhere. Mafia Universe is a melting pot of communities and the culture/meta is vast and wide ranging.

I've never seen your name but if you have a problem with me in some way, I invite you to address it directly with me.

The way you made that comment is unprofessional and a vague, rude, public bashing of a community member.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2016 10:11 am

Post by Equinox »

In post 76, wgeurts wrote:Would any of the moderation team have an issue with me making a thread were people could sign-up for this and others could vote between those?

I would suggest approaching mith, Thesp, and zoraster with this before taking any action. They will take it to the list moderators, so, even if there is no immediate response, the team will be aware of it and someone will get back to you; they might not be paying attention to this thread.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2016 10:27 am

Post by KittyMo »

In post 78, PantherPunt wrote:

I started out playing here. I don't "represent" anywhere. Mafia Universe is a melting pot of communities and the culture/meta is vast and wide ranging.

I've never seen your name but if you have a problem with me in some way, I invite you to address it directly with me.

The way you made that comment is unprofessional and a vague, rude, public bashing of a community member.

I don't know why you're putting in quotes a term I never used with regards to you. My comment was purely about your comment in this thread about wet blankets and such. I indeed don't know you.
Last edited by KittyMo on Sun May 01, 2016 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2016 10:30 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

In post 78, PantherPunt wrote:

if you think thats rude and bashing i question how exactly you survived playing a game here
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
PantherPunt
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2016 10:32 am

Post by PantherPunt »

You said I have done well at giving a poor impression of MafiaUniverse. This implicitly states that I represent the site and that you have a negative opinion of me.

I'm sorry if my wet blanket comment was too harsh for you.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2016 10:32 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

In post 82, PantherPunt wrote:you have a negative opinion of me.

correct
PantherPunt
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2016 10:37 am

Post by PantherPunt »

In post 81, TheButtonmen wrote:

if you think thats rude and bashing i question how exactly you survived playing a game here

This isn't a mafia game.

I assume purple names are mods of some kind, and expect that if they represent mafiascum, they would be professional in their handling of this discussion.
PantherPunt
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2016 10:39 am

Post by PantherPunt »

In post 83, TheButtonmen wrote:
In post 82, PantherPunt wrote:you have a negative opinion of me.

correct

Well now it's mutual!

Are you a kittymo alt? Or just jumping in to tell me you have a problem with me?
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2016 10:41 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

I never would have guessed.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2016 10:45 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

the issue is when ms sends its posters theyre not sending their best theyre not sending you theyre sending posters that have lots of problems and theyre bringing those problems with them theyre bringing shitposting theyre bringing aggressive mindgames, theyre ragers and some i assume are good at mafia

fate/kurbio for ms envoys 2016
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2016 10:47 am

Post by KittyMo »

My point is that you're not supposed to advertise for games off site without admin approval; it necessitates special permission here. As such I think that the way in which you posted reflects badly on the place you're advertising for and reduces the likelihood of someone from here being approved to participate.

"plz don't swear" -- N
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2016 10:48 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

In post 85, PantherPunt wrote:Are you a kittymo alt?

well this goes on the list of things i never expected to be accused of
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2016 10:51 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Sig it.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2016 10:52 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 89, TheButtonmen wrote:
In post 85, PantherPunt wrote:Are you a kittymo alt?

well this goes on the list of things i never expected to be accused of

So you are denying this?
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2016 10:54 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

tbm and kittymo have never been seen in the same place

just saying
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2016 11:03 am

Post by wgeurts »

Panther, me and kitty are not mods.

Also shot the admins a message, the wait begins.
inb4 they say they'll get back to me on Monday
Last edited by wgeurts on Sun May 01, 2016 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2016 11:08 am

Post by KittyMo »

Happy birthday wgeurts :]

"plz don't swear" -- N
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2016 11:09 am

Post by Firebringer »

KittyMo how do you address these alegations of TheButtonmen being your alt?
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2016 11:10 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

soul searching and deep grief that someone read my posts and thought they sounded like something tbm would say
PantherPunt
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2016 11:26 am

Post by PantherPunt »

In post 88, KittyMo wrote:My point is that you're not supposed to advertise for games off site without admin approval; it necessitates special permission here. As such I think that the way in which you posted reflects badly on the place you're advertising for and reduces the likelihood of someone from here being approved to participate.

I didn't make the thread.

And in my humble opinion it's extra publicity for this site to people from smaller communities who may have never heard of MS.

I've got no skin in the game and won't be bothered by the ultimate decision regardless of what it is. I just think a cross community game without MS is missing out on some top talent and was voicing my opinion.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2016 11:30 am

Post by hiplop »

I dont think panther really did anything wrong? He's a pretty cool poster honestly
third best scummer of all time
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2016 11:34 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 98, hiplop wrote:I dont think panther really did anything wrong? He's a pretty cool poster honestly
Show

Return to “Mafia Discussion”