The Amazing Race Mafia

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

The Amazing Race Mafia

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2016 8:09 pm

Post by Realeo »

I know I'm not qualified yet to mod, but I'm bored. I'd like to know what others people think about this setup.

There'll be 9 town, 2 mafia and 1 Phil Koegan (me!)

You are a part of the racer in The Amazing Race. Unlike the real The Amazing Race, you gets to pick who you will play with. Each player is assigned with stats from 0 ~ 6 like strength, speed, brain, luck, mental and running skill. If I sum all skills numbers, then the total will be 15. The first five skill is will be skilled using in challenge. A challenge like "find the right sand block" from TRA 21 (Bora-Bora) may require your luck. A challenge like classic-Fast Forward "get your head shaved" may require your mental.

The running skill is a passive skill. Each point of running skill reduce your journey time by 1 minute.

However, out of these 5 skills~ player may only know 2 skills of their choice.

How to play:

The amazing race consists of 3 legs and each leg consists of a cycles of 3 parts: dawn-day-twilight

>Dawn:

During dawn, player must choose who do you want to play with in this leg of the race. The one player who doesn't get any partner is eliminated. At any point you may invite one to be your partner by making
invite: Realeo
. To accept, make it
accept invitation: Realeo
. Please format this way. Once you accept an invitation, the team is locked.

>Day:

It's match day! The thread will be locked and each pair will be given a PT.

The match may consists at any order like this:

• "Make your way to Rio De Janerio"
  • Challenge
  • Detour
  • U-Turn
  • Roadblock
  • Pitstop

During the race, each player make take max. 2 roadblocks and 1 'order changing twist' like Yield, Double U-Turn.

In each challenge, you must decided who does the challenge. How quick you do a challenge will be decided by who does what challenge and what skill is involved. Each challenge will have a precise rule on how these numbers are calculated which will be available for each team.

Race result will not be told in full except who finishes first and the roadblock count. I mean, if you watched TAR, you'll notice that team sometimes don't know who is eliminated.

The losing team must choose a team beside the 1st team to be part of the lynch time.

How quick you arrive at pit-stop will decides the time delay you receive at next start. If you checked-in 21 minutes after the first team, then each team member receives 10 minutes delay. If you have 10 minutes delay and you pair with someone with 20 minutes delay at next leg, your pair will receive 30 minutes delay.

I will spit it from now that there is no 'secret' nasty surprise. For example: taking the first flight but the first flight is delayed and and the second flight moves first. What you see is what you get.

• >Night: Lynch time
    This is where the scum hunting starts. The 4 nominated participant of the lynch time will be the target of the scum hunting. We'll use advanced day start on each day. If no majority occurs in 10 days, then we move on to plurality.

Mafia's PT will be only closed in this phase.

There is 3 legs of match. If the winning team of the final leg consists of 2 towns, the town wins. If the winning team of the final leg consists of at least 1 mafia, the mafia wins.
    The game will be ended prematurely if such 'auto win' occurs.

FAQ

Q: Is the race an important part of scumhunting?
    A: In a sense yes. If you're mafia, you want to make sure the towny team will not finish first. If you're town and you believe that your partner is towny, you want to finish first. If you believe that a scum team is behind, you want to U-turn him or Yield him.

Q: Is there randomness?
    A: The only randomness you get is the skill number and whether you're scum or towny.

Q: Do the mafia get PT?
    A: They can only talk in their PT anytime except night.

"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

I'm mabye a serious player, but I'm capable of joke. Ok?

Return to “Mafia Discussion”