Reasonable Activity Level

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Reasonable Activity Level

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 1:55 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

I've been wanting to join a new game. I'm in my first newbie game right now and I've been finding myself want to play more, try an open or a normal or something. However, I'm going to be visiting my boyfriend soon for ~10 days. I wasn't sure what is considered appropriate so I thought I'd make a discussion point out of it.

Firstly my situation. When I'm there I'll be decidedly low access. I'll be able to read up on new stuff in games and reply probably about once a day. I think I'd be able to handle two games worth but I certainly wouldn't be able to re-read to a great degree, or be around more than once a day for 30mins to an hour with any reliability. I don't like lurking and whatever role I was I'd try to contribute as best I could under these limitations. I'd be marked V/LA. Would you consider this an appropriate level or expect me to replace out/not join a game knowing this was coming up?

More generally what do you consider an appropriate level of activity/engagement? Do you think that changes after discovering someones role - would you be more lenient of a person who was low activity if they flipped scum? Does the type of low activity matter? Do you have different expectations for someone marked V/LA than someone not or is there a base level you expect no matter what?

And the question I think is most interesting - do you think your views differ from what's widely held as appropriate around the site?
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 3:09 am

Post by Ircher »

Once per day is a good level; bit more kenient on weekends. In terms of v/la, again, bout once per day
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [Ongoing]
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 9:57 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

rather than a minimum activity level, people should be concerned with meeting a minimum content level

there's nothing wrong with posting once a day (or hey, even once every two days) if you're detailing your thoughts and providing a decent amount of content

(that said, a majority of people who post once every 1-2 days don't do this so yeah...)
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 10:22 am

Post by callforjudgement »

It's certainly possible to play in "one wall a day" mode. I've done that before now. Note that it does mean you have to spend longer rereading than you normally would, so it's not appropriate if you're lacking in time full stop, only for situations where you have a few hours of access every day but no access outside that. You can save the amount of time you need for rereads either via joining a small game, or (if you have the time for one big reread) replacing into a game in lategame when there are only a few players left.

That said, if it's only a 10 day V/LA and it's happening soon, you could wait until afterwards before you /in. That's a short enough period compared to the length of time a typical game lasts for that it won't make a huge difference in terms of when the game starts and ends.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2016 5:00 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 14, kuribo wrote: You're talking about what? You're talking about... Bitching about that townie you vigged, some sonofabitch who don't post, some broad who fakeclaims, so forth. Let's talk about something important. They all here?

(All but one)

I'm going anyway. Let's talk about something important. Put. That Scummie. Down. Scummies' for winners only. You think I'm fucking with you? I am not fucking with you. I'm here from Theme Park. I'm here from the Large Theme Games. And I'm here on a mission of mercy. Your name's Shadi? You call yourself a mafia player you son of a bitch?

(I don't gotta sit here and listen to this shit)

You certainly don't pal, 'cause the good news is - you're lynched. The bad news is - you've got, all of you've got just one week to regain your town cred starting with tonight. Starting with tonight's MD thread. Oh? Have I got your attention now? Good. Cause we're adding a little something to this month's posting contest. As you all know first prize is towncred on a scum lynch. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a trip to the dead QT. Third prize is you're modkilled for inactivity. Get the picture? You laughing now? You got reads. Tierce and zoraster did good scumhunting, get their names to lynch scum. You can't follow the reads you're given, you can't post shit? You ARE shit. Hit the bricks pal, and beat it 'cause you are going OUT.

(The reads are weak)

The reads are weak? Fucking reads are weak. You're weak. I've been on this site 5 years.

(What's your name?)

Fuck you. That's my name. You know why, mister? You were still alive in LYLO. I got night-killed by the scum to protect themselves. THAT'S my name. And your name is you're wanting. You can't play in the man's game, you can't post townishly- go home and tell your wife your troubles. Because only one thing counts in this life: Post. You hear me you fucking fuckers? A-B-P. A-Always, B-Be, P-Posting. Always be posting. ALWAYS BE POSTING. A-I-D-A. Attention, Interest, Decision, Action. Attention - Do I have your attention? Interest - Are you interested? I know you are, because it's fuck or walk. You post or you hit the bricks. Decision - Have you made your decision about who scum is, for Christ? And Action, push that wagon. A-I-D-A. Get out there - you got the players coming in. You think they came in to get off EpicMafia? A guy don't join a game lest he wants to play. They're sitting out there waiting to see you as town. Are you gonna take it? Are you man enough to take it? What's the problem, pal?

(You're such a hero, you're so good at finding scum, how come you're coming down here wasting your time with such a bunch of bums)

You see this avatar? You see this avatar?

(Yeah)

That avatar is more well known than your sig. I made thousands of posts last year. How many'd you make? You see pal, that's who I am, and you're nothing. Nice guy? I don't give a shit. Good father? Fuck you! Go home and play with your kids. You wanna play here - post! You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you cocksucker? You can't take this, how can you take the abuse you get playing with Fate? You don't like it, leave. _I_ can replace tonight into the games you're in and post thirty times. Tonight! In two hours! Can you? Can YOU? Go and do likewise. A-I-D-A. Get mad you son of a bitches. get mad. You want to know what it takes to lynch scum? It takes BRASS BALLS to win at mafia. Go and do likewise gents. Wagon's out there. You pick it up, it's yours. You don't, I got no sympathy for you. You wanna go out on those threads tonight and post, POST. It's yours. If not you're gonna be posting about me in the Dead QT. And you know what you'll be saying - a bunch of losers sittin' around in post-game. 'Oh yeah. This game was tough, I got lynched Day 1' These are the new reads. These are the reads to the games you're in. And to you they're gold, and you don't get them. Why? Because to give them to you is just throwing them away. They're for posters. I'd wish you good luck but you wouldn't know what to do with it if you got it. And to answer you question, pal, why am I here? I came here because the town asked me to. They asked me for a favor. I said the real favor, follow my advice and lynch your fucking ass because a lurker is a loser.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew

Return to “Mafia Discussion”