Anyone for live mafia? (G+)

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Anyone for live mafia? (G+)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:30 pm

Post by Smithereens »

The last time I did one of these was several years ago on a site I used to play mafia on, but I never had the hardware to participate until I had already left there permanently. Now that the hardware issue is a little resolved, I've had a bit of an urge to play live mafia again. Here's the gist of it.

brief:
  • I'm gauging interest in live mafia, I don't know if it's been done previously on this site etc or with how much success it's had.
  • All that would be entailed for participators is that you have a webcam + mic and don't mind if other people hear/see you.
  • The medium we will use is google hangouts, because all you'd need to do is click on the link I post and you're in (you need a google account too, but everyone has one).
  • Fun games can be played with 4-5 people, but ideally 8-13 is where it's at.
  • The concept is sound because other sites do it smoothly quite often.
  • We'd need people who know how to mod live games, and who are preferably a tad charismatic. I can mod when needed but there are so many people better than me so it'd be great to get the natural mods on board.
  • It's otherwise really straight forward, and most of you would be familiar with mafia IRL.
  • If you're unable to attend meets for whatever reason imo you should jump right into this.
  • If you do attend meets for whatever reason you might see someone you've seen before.
  • From prior experience, Hangouts tend to function as a social gathering until there's enough people and desire to play mafia, so organised times are generally unnecessary (why drink with your mates when you can drink with strangers from the internet?).
  • If there's not many people we might aim to pull it off on a Fri-night/weekend with a few weeks of prior advertising to get a lot of people.
  • Please be wary and respectful of children; no nudity or adult games with those whose age is ambiguous.
  • If you're a child, please keep your clothes on.

Live Mafia mods need:
  • Decent mic
  • reliable internet connection
  • Story telling ability
  • Creative intelligence
  • Ability to improvise
  • Humour

If you are unfamiliar with hangouts:
  • pressing this link will take you to a hangout. You will then see a big green button called 'Join Hangout.' Your browser will prompt you for access to your camera + mic if your default settings prevent web pages from activating them.
  • If you join the hangout, you will be able to see everyone else currently in the hangout
  • To leave the hangout, close the window/tab.
  • You can be present in the hangout without a camera or mic, but it would detract from the fun of the social aspect.

To indicate interest:
  • simply post in this thread.
  • Indicate if you don't live in an American time zone.
  • Indicate if you're a good mod.
  • Thoughts/questions/objections/insults welcome.

Whoever mods the first game gets to create the permalink that will be used for all future hangouts, of both mafia and socials. Immortalise your name in other words. Do it~
If it turns out that people here are more sociable than expected I'll pester the admins to sticky your permalink.
This thread is only to gauge interest. Whether or not this goes ahead depends on the quantity of responses.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:22 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 0, Smithereens wrote:Story telling ability
I disagree
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:08 am

Post by Smithereens »

aye. That's fine. Story is merely tradition not too important.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:10 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

I'm vaguely interested, although I'm somewhat not too huge on the anonymous of the internet seeing my face, hearing my voice and knowing some of me.
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:17 am

Post by Smithereens »

Fair enough~ Often 'tis the face that people feel uncomfortable with, in which case you can just turn your cam off and your pic will default to your avi.
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:31 am

Post by Smithereens »

Can't really say there's much interest tho ^.^
MKA
MKA
Townie
MKA
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:45 am

Post by MKA »

Within what timeframe would the games take place? Would you do it like DND sessions where they can have breaks and meetup later or is it a rapid fire game done in a timeframe of an hour or three? : o
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:13 am

Post by Smithereens »

That part doesn't really matter. I can't really be bothered investing effort into thinking about something that won't happen :P
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:11 am

Post by BBmolla »

We did have skype mafia going for a while there. Just a bit inconvenient to set up I suppose.
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano

Return to “Mafia Discussion”