Simbia

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Simbia

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:31 am

Post by Killthestory »

Dude I'm in that drunken state of mind right now where I'm just like all kinds of fucked up and on meds because I think I have strep rn or just a really bad cough, but it's all good pham. I see clarity in my non clarity though, like the clouds in the clouds. Dude, also, my ears keep getting teary but im not sad or shit i just keep like crying and its so annoying for whatever reason. jesus

Anyway enough of that bullshit about my state of mind because this a stress free zone pham. Stress, non-judgmental zone. Like, playing games are fun and it's fun to get competitive, but some of you guys care so much about being competitive or overtly stress having fun. just play the game man. stop trying to play and win for other people. if you want to win, that's perfectly fine, but does it really matter for you to be able to tell someone your win loss ratio and all this shit about a meaningless game on the interwebs dude? if you get frustrated, just remember that this is a stress free zone and that youre playing mafia pham. like, honestly, mafia is a meaningless game that won't help you in life and is supposed to be fun. have fun with it. I played a game where I made my own case on myself because it was fun. I tried to play to win afterwards because winning can be fun (also losing) but it was a fun game.
\\
Like, people intrepret my posting as trolling sometimes, and that's cool and all, but at the same time, i don't troll lol. i just play to have fun. i still play the game, but i like to play the game how i want to play it.
\
and you know all those guides are meaningless when it comes to mafia. any guide youve ever read will not teach you the most important aspect of mafia which is just playing how you want to when you want to. do what you want, and don't let anyone bug you about it. don't bug anyone else about how they want to play, and just have a general fun time.
//
The most annoying people are the people who yell at others for ruining their fun. no one can ruin your fun. you just got mad because you let something get to you and now your bitching. it's all good dude, just play dude.
/
literally the best advice that has ever been given when it comes to mafia is this.

"just play"
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:32 am

Post by McMenno »

you said fun 12 times.

good job.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:19 pm

Post by Killthestory »

when did i make this

lmao this is from before i fell asleep for like 2 hours.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:53 pm

Post by Hoopla »

i respect your flavour, killthestory
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:54 pm

Post by Accountant »

I always thought the best advice was "have a god-like mind as the divine should"
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:16 pm

Post by Killthestory »

In post 4, Accountant wrote:I always thought the best advice was "have a god-like mind as the divine should"
that's second
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:46 pm

Post by iraonavp »

What do the slashes mean among the paragraphs?
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:09 am

Post by kraska77 »

i strongly agree with everything written in the op
like someone actually bitched about me playing like i want to have fun and not wanting to dominate and control everyone in one of my past games...i dont get it
it sucks when i try to have fun but ppl make it miserable and then i start being a bitter butt too
The_Jester
The_Jester
Mafia Scum
The_Jester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:09 am

Post by The_Jester »

I think the thing that infuriates people the most about players who don't take things seriously is they can't read them properly. I know I've been guilty of this but I support your way.
Why'd the clown drive over the cup?
He wanted to crack him up!
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:13 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

I certainly accept if not taking a game as seriously makes it more fun for you, but for me and I assume a lot of others putting in effort and trying hard to win is what makes the game fun. (Though there are for sure players that take it too seriously). And if people with very different styles like that are in the same game, it can definitely cause a lot of conflict.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:50 am

Post by Ranmaru »

I think before people even join a game it should be noted as competitive or for fun so that players will have a certain expectation. I don't think either type of player would want to make the game un-fun for another because of either type of play. Sometimes, a player may just be playing for fun as a break when they play to win, so it doesn't mean each player will always be set in a certain way. I just think everyone should understand that this is a team game at it's core, and we all have to co-operate in some way. It's a two way street. Be understanding of others preferences and their expectations of their team, and voice your own preferences so others understand the same of you.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”