Serious life lessons mafia taught me

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Accountant
Self-Evident

Pronoun: They

Post Post #75  (ISO)  » Thu May 04, 2017 12:40 am

you could be a psychologist or therapist
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.

Accountant
Self-Evident

Pronoun: They

Post Post #76  (ISO)  » Thu May 04, 2017 12:40 am

or play mafia on online forums
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.

LicketyQuickety
Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: He

Post Post #77  (ISO)  » Sat May 06, 2017 10:53 pm

Mafia taught me not to assume that I know what people are doing. It also taught me that a healthy dose of paranoia regarding the motivations of other people is a good thing. This should be true for everyone who doesn't have perfect reads, which is pretty much everyone who plays this game.
"...(I also think that meta-diving LQ proves that he's a "non-traditional" player (whatever that means) more than his words do)." ~Nachomamma8

Wiki analyzed practically from scratch for consistency and accuracy 05/19/2018
Not modding any games currently.

LicketyQuickety
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #78  (ISO)  » Sat May 06, 2017 11:00 pm

In post 63, Haschel Cedricson wrote:"Play to your win condition" is sound advice both in Mafia and in real life.

Good stuff, the basics.
"...(I also think that meta-diving LQ proves that he's a "non-traditional" player (whatever that means) more than his words do)." ~Nachomamma8

Wiki analyzed practically from scratch for consistency and accuracy 05/19/2018
Not modding any games currently.

Umlaut
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:05 pm

Reviving this yet again:

Mafia continues to teach me the importance of distinguishing between the loyal opposition and the enemy -- between people who want the same thing as I and disagree on how to get it, and people who actually oppose my goals.

I feel like this is a forgotten virtue in most discourse.
“Umlaut is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma, coated in something sticky.” – boring

Playing: Micro 820
Modding: ...

Previous
[ + ]

Return to Mafia Discussion