Rule Breaker Mafia

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Rule Breaker Mafia

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:06 am

Post by Firebringer »

So I have been thinking about running a game that my old site did, which I thought was really really bad, when It was run. It was also very...odd in terms of mechanics.

The game was semi-open. Although I won't give away the roles that were used in it exactly.

Basically the premise of the game was that players were in one of two factions: Rule Followers and Rule Breakers. The rule followers were the "Town" in that they won if 2 max rule breakers got their win condition met, and they were the majority.

Among the rule breakers there was about 3 separate possible groups, although only 2 actually made it in the game.

Gamethrowers - These were like jesters, their win condition was that they had to make sure their respective faction didn't win. So if they were in the "Town" they won if the town lost. If they were in the "Mafia" same thing if the mafia lost.

Out of Game Communicators - These guys get a constant out of game chat, and won like a mafia team did, if their faction got 50% of the vote.

Griefer - This was just a lyncher trying to lynch a person in the game.

So what makes this game EVEN more complicated, was that one player was designated "Moderator" this person couldn't vote or post, they knew everyones secondary roles (as in town or mafia, not rule breaker or rule follower). This person was allowed to "Modkill" one person each day phase and if he modkilled two Rule followers, town instantly lost the game.

So players had Primary Win Conditions: Rule Follower or Rule Breaking
But they had the Secondary Win Conditions: Town or Mafia

Neither of these were guranteed to be tied. I was a Rule Following Mafia in this games first and only run. I was also modkilled by the "Moderator".....

So yeah, this game was odd. Yet I kind of want to host it here. Thoughts?
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:29 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

I once modded a micro game that breaks the site rules (joining with an alt, out of comm, etc)
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
The_Jester
The_Jester
Mafia Scum
The_Jester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:16 am