Cant find a game

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Cruxell
Cruxell
Townie
Cruxell
Townie
Townie

Cant find a game

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:07 am

Post by Cruxell »

These forums suck, I can't find anything. Way too complicated, too much text. I'll cut to the chase, can someone link me a game, which has open signups? Troll me all you want, hate me all you want for saying what I did, but seriously just link me an open game, it's so complicated finding one. I know it's not complicated to you, because you have been playing for a while here most likely, if you're reading this. And dont ask me which kind of games I prefer I just wanna play some bloody mafia. NOW!
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:23 am

Post by callforjudgement »

The way joining games work is that you join a game queue, and then will be placed into a game when it starts. Some queues specify which games are in sign-ups at the time, and let you join a specific games. Others, such as the Newbie queue, start up a game using the players in the queue once enough players are available to start the game.

You can see all the game queues here. For your first game here, I'd strongly suggest using the Newbie queue, because that has extra provision to help people learn how games typically work here.

Note that games can spend a long time in the queue; I've had to wait for over a month in some cases (those where multiple players were needed from different groups, and I was in an over-represented group). More commonly, you'll be waiting from a few days to a week in a queue. Then setting up the game can take a couple of days, and the games themselves nearly always last months. This is not really a site for the impatient; moderators want players who'll be available for the entire several months it takes to play a game, and if a player isn't prepared to wait even the few days it takes to queue, they're unlikely to last the distance during the (much longer) game itself.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:13 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

You can also get even faster into a game by volunteering to replace into a slot that is subbing out in the replacemet queue.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:19 am

Post by Accountant »

If you think that there is too much text for you to figure out how to operate the queue system then maybe mafia isn't for you because it involves reading hundreds of pages of similarly boring text, half of it pointless shit that won't contribute to your analysis or reads
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:34 am

Post by Loopdan »

Just go to the Newbie Queue thread and post "/in for next." Then obsessively check your inbox for a PM telling you that your game is starting.

It is really not that hard.
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:33 am

Post by McMenno »

I think he left, guys
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:56 am

Post by kuribo »

A pity. The Blood Gods occasionally demand fresh meat.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew

Return to “Mafia Discussion”