Gormenghast Mafia (idea)

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Gormenghast Mafia (idea)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:34 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Okay, I am completely new to the site but have been reading over things while waiting for my first game, and had an idea for Gormenghast Mafia.

I've got notes on possible roles, but I'm not sure all the mechanics are good. Are there any mods who would like to take a look, and possibly run a themed game? I'd step aside from that game for fairness, I just think it'd be a fun theme, with all the castle intrigues.

Also I don't know if the numbers are right (4 evil, 17 townies): I don't want to get into specific roles since they won't be delineated in game setup
[edit]

Anyone? Hopefully it won't be difficult to play even if people have not read the stories/seen the show, as only a few roles are completely new.
Last edited by Mr. Flay on Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retired as of October 2014.
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2004 8:21 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

In general, 1 evil player on 2-3 good players is enough, town is likely to win in the set-up, as far as I can see.

But you should've checked the "Set-up Review"-thread in this forum, that's where you're supposed this kind of things.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:26 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Sorry, I was confusing 'Theme Barometer' with 'Setup-Review' when I saw a post about the thread no longer working for its intended purpose. I'd move this over there, but when a thread has a reply the original poster can no longer delete it, per the FAQ. :cry: Can a mod help clean up my mistake?

When you say 2-3 town per evil, are you speaking of all scum, or just mafia? I was basing my numbers off of mith's Numbers, Part 1 post and thought I had too few townies, now it seems I have too many.

3 townies per mafia would be 9, 12 if we're including the SK. That's 13-16 people; is that 'large' for this board?
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:44 pm

Post by Norinel »

Note that I have very little modding experience (One mini and signups open for the second)

13-16 is somewhere between the sizes we pretty much arbitrarily call mini (12) and normal (More than 12, but I've never seen less than 15 or more than 30).

Numbers, Part 1 assumes no roles whatsoever and random lynching. The town's chances will almost certainly be significantly higher than what that says. (And unbalance may or may not be a bad thing- there's a thread called "Metabalance" lower in this forum)

If I were you, I wouldn't have talked as much as you have (At least here, I haven't looked at your other posts) about the setup publicly.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:06 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Thank you; the thread on Metabalance was very interesting.

Since I ran a bunch of simulations and they came out with almost an even chance of Town or Scum having a good advantage after 2 days, I'm fairly satisfied with that aspect of things, assuming a 12-13 player setup.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”