Should you keep your old reads on slots that replace?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:57 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

I kinda disagree with the above. I think a new replacement is a good opportunity to get another data set on your read, so to speak. Yes, good scum players can get out of those situations. But if you keep it in perspective with the situation and what the original player did, then an ideal town would be able to use to replacement to make a better situation.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:01 am

Post by Equinox »

In post 23, MiniDeathStar wrote:OT: Am I not at all allowed to ask strategy-related questions while playing a game? Because strategies as generic as this apply to absolutely any game and any alignment.
If you are asking strategy-related questions while playing a game in order to get advice on how to play those ongoing games, then that is not allowed and is a breach of ethics. Please wait if it is at all related to an ongoing game.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:35 am

Post by kuribo »

As someone who's replaced into scumread-slots and turned it around within the day to make the slot town as fuck:

When a town player takes over a scummy slot and turns it around, if scum keeps scum-reading that slot out of stubbornness or a need to not have too many town reads? It's like shooting fish in a barrel catching those scum.

Turning around bad slots is also one of my leading causes of death, and I'm quite pleased with that.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:29 am

Post by callforjudgement »

In post 27, kuribo wrote:When a town player takes over a scummy slot and turns it around, if scum keeps scum-reading that slot out of stubbornness or a need to not have too many town reads? It's like shooting fish in a barrel catching those scum.
Agreed, I've done this too. OMGUS isn't normally a good way to vote, but immediately after turning a scumread slot around, anyone scumreading you is highly likely to be scum themselves.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:22 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 28, callforjudgement wrote:OMGUS isn't normally a good way to vote
I'd agree with you if it hadn't worked for me so many times

I'm such a hard wagon to get going, especially on Day 1 that hopping onto my wagon might as well be a scum claim

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:39 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 28, callforjudgement wrote:
In post 27, kuribo wrote:When a town player takes over a scummy slot and turns it around, if scum keeps scum-reading that slot out of stubbornness or a need to not have too many town reads? It's like shooting fish in a barrel catching those scum.
Agreed, I've done this too. OMGUS isn't normally a good way to vote, but immediately after turning a scumread slot around, anyone scumreading you is highly likely to be scum themselves.
I hate the use of the term OMGUS. It's a horrible way to slime a player that finds a vote on them scummy. (The real issue is a tendency to find
any
vote on you scummy. Finding the ones that are actually scummy is a really good skill to have.)
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:57 am

Post by callforjudgement »

To be fair, it's far more common that the scummy action isn't the vote itself, but the lack of unvote soon afterwards.

(It goes the other way round, too; sometimes you can figure out that someone is scum if they townread you, and don't have an obvious reason for doing so.)
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:20 am

Post by kuribo »

The problem is that OMGUS has been extended to mean "anytime a player I'm voting decides to vote me." When that isn't what it is at all.

Voting a player does not and should not grant you immunity to being attacked by them

Return to “Mafia Discussion”