becoming a BETTER MAFIA PLAYERs,,

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: February 14, 2016
Location: UNITED NATIONS OF AMERICA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #0  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:37 am

i have been TRYING to be a better mafia player by using BETTER STEP BY STEP LOGIC........... is this a good thing?? or will it help scum TEAR DOWN MY ARGUMENTS,, pls tell me

i have only been playing in the TOWN OF SALEM where there is NO TIME TO WRITE LOGIC so i do quick SUMMARIES VERY AGGRESSIVELY........ i am a very AGGRESSIVE player but when I type too slow it makes me LESS AGGRESSIVE

pls give me TIPS............ thanks..................!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am KAIN TEPES.......... i have 1200 games on TOS
I AM KAIN TEPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I am afraid of SAYING HIS NAME!!!!" - Toto
"why be a better mafia player, when you can be a better KAIN TEPES???" - Vi

Ircher
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 09, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:00 am

Just be you Kain.
Ttyll Mafia - Concluded!
Voting Mafia - Night 1, 0 replacements
Nomic - Currently hosted by me

Firebringer
Trail Blazer
 
User avatar
Joined: June 29, 2015
Location: woofbringer
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:13 am

I think he should be Tepes Kain instead.
What would growlithe do? Be nice so he gets a treat!
My style can best be described as tone reading combined with shit posting.
Be nice to your scum reads, you never know when you are wrong.

KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: December 10, 2015
Location: King Kuroi
Pronoun: It

Post Post #3  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:55 am

Nero Tepes
"and now i am TURNED ON AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!" - KainTepes

I'm regularly V/LA on the weekends. If this is the weekend and I've not said otherwise, please assume I'm on V/LA.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone
 
User avatar
Joined: August 21, 2007
Location: FROM HELL
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:11 pm

Logic never works


I tried that once


Ended up screaming more than ever


Oddly that worked
I'm the color red, in a world of black and white.
Don't sell your soul to the Devil. He already sold his to me.

Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
 
User avatar
Joined: July 02, 2008
Pronoun: It

Post Post #5  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:37 pm

Honestly

And please don't take offense to this...

Improve your grammar and tone down the CAPS AND EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!!

People will take you more seriously and listen to what you have to say. If people see you as less intelligent, they'll see you as a poor player and even the slightest perception of poor play will get you lynched for two reasons:
1) Scum will push for your lynch because it's easy
2) Towns on mafiascum mistake poor play for scum motivated behavior for whatever reason.
I'd like to start a mafiascum pool league on pogo. See this thread for details:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=70195

If you are interested, please post in the thread. Won't start the league unless I see interest.

Infinity 324
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: April 07, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:01 pm

^^
Show

Ircher
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 09, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #7  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:10 pm

He's improving -- the caps were way worse about a year ago.

But yeah, just be yourself. And avoid lurking / flaking please -- neither of those make for enjoyable games (bith for the players and the moderator).
Ttyll Mafia - Concluded!
Voting Mafia - Night 1, 0 replacements
Nomic - Currently hosted by me

Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
 
User avatar
Joined: July 02, 2008
Pronoun: It

Post Post #8  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:42 pm

^good posting. The replacement situation on mafiascum is ridiculous right now.
I'd like to start a mafiascum pool league on pogo. See this thread for details:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=70195

If you are interested, please post in the thread. Won't start the league unless I see interest.

KainTepes
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: February 14, 2016
Location: UNITED NATIONS OF AMERICA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #9  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:49 pm

I DONT THINK CAPS IS PROBLEM..... it allows me to FOCUS on my MORE IMPACTFUL WORDS,,
I AM KAIN TEPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I am afraid of SAYING HIS NAME!!!!" - Toto
"why be a better mafia player, when you can be a better KAIN TEPES???" - Vi

KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: December 10, 2015
Location: King Kuroi
Pronoun: It

Post Post #10  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:49 pm

Italics helps too.
"and now i am TURNED ON AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!" - KainTepes

I'm regularly V/LA on the weekends. If this is the weekend and I've not said otherwise, please assume I'm on V/LA.

KainTepes
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: February 14, 2016
Location: UNITED NATIONS OF AMERICA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #11  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:54 pm

MORE IMPACTFUL words,, yes you are right this look GOOD!!!
I AM KAIN TEPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I am afraid of SAYING HIS NAME!!!!" - Toto
"why be a better mafia player, when you can be a better KAIN TEPES???" - Vi

KainTepes
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: February 14, 2016
Location: UNITED NATIONS OF AMERICA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #12  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:54 pm

In post 2, Firebringer wrote:I think he should be Tepes Kain instead.


that sounds like GOOD SUGGESTION.... how do i name change,,
I AM KAIN TEPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I am afraid of SAYING HIS NAME!!!!" - Toto
"why be a better mafia player, when you can be a better KAIN TEPES???" - Vi

KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: December 10, 2015
Location: King Kuroi
Pronoun: It

Post Post #13  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:26 pm

In post 11, KainTepes wrote:MORE IMPACTFUL words,, yes you are right this look GOOD!!!

But without the caps.
"and now i am TURNED ON AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!" - KainTepes

I'm regularly V/LA on the weekends. If this is the weekend and I've not said otherwise, please assume I'm on V/LA.

KainTepes
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: February 14, 2016
Location: UNITED NATIONS OF AMERICA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #14  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:56 pm

more impactful words.............
I AM KAIN TEPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I am afraid of SAYING HIS NAME!!!!" - Toto
"why be a better mafia player, when you can be a better KAIN TEPES???" - Vi

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone
 
User avatar
Joined: August 21, 2007
Location: FROM HELL
Pronoun: He

Post Post #15  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:14 am

if the words you speak are not impactful, no amount of caps will make it better


CAPS are the flavor enhancer, not the main dish. This is the problem with the newer generation.

It's not enough just to CAPS for emphasis or whatever, you gotta have some substance. Would you sit and eat a bag of table salt? Hell no, but you'd put it on some meatloaf. It's the same as swearing, what good is pepper by itself?

YOU HEAR ME YOU PIG?! BAKE SOME FUCKING MEATLOAF IF YOU WANNA SEASON THAT SHIT
I'm the color red, in a world of black and white.
Don't sell your soul to the Devil. He already sold his to me.

Darkshadow64540
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: October 27, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #16  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:41 am

Is this a serious thread or just fun as I need all the help I can get after the dumpster fire that was my first game (Link)

That said KainTepes is a cow, not a pig.
How can I quote that which is not said?

KainTepes
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: February 14, 2016
Location: UNITED NATIONS OF AMERICA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #17  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:53 am

i am sorry you got a DUMPSTER FIRE.............

this is SERIOUS THREAD impactful words........
I AM KAIN TEPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I am afraid of SAYING HIS NAME!!!!" - Toto
"why be a better mafia player, when you can be a better KAIN TEPES???" - Vi

Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: December 05, 2008
Location: Minnesota
Pronoun: He

Post Post #18  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:23 am

In post 5, Kmd4390 wrote:Honestly

And please don't take offense to this...

Improve your grammar and tone down the CAPS AND EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!!

People will take you more seriously and listen to what you have to say. If people see you as less intelligent, they'll see you as a poor player and even the slightest perception of poor play will get you lynched for two reasons:
1) Scum will push for your lynch because it's easy
2) Towns on mafiascum mistake poor play for scum motivated behavior for whatever reason.


Grammar wins championships, you heard it here frist.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone
 
User avatar
Joined: August 21, 2007
Location: FROM HELL
Pronoun: He

Post Post #19  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:46 pm

In post 16, Darkshadow64540 wrote:That said KainTepes is a cow, not a pig.


Thank you Carolus Linnaeus
I'm the color red, in a world of black and white.
Don't sell your soul to the Devil. He already sold his to me.

keyXrb
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 19, 2016
Pronoun: They

Post Post #20  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:55 pm

lmao this guy is my favourite poster on the site

Psyche
mr. personality
 
User avatar
Joined: April 28, 2011
Location: the land of self-reinvention
Pronoun: He

Post Post #21  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:52 pm

logic is useless without good premises
Nothing is more or less satisfying than reading this string of text.

Gamma Emerald
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Location: Flew The Coup
Pronoun: He

Post Post #22  (ISO)  » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:17 am

goddamn hydrae in MD
MiniDeathStar: Gamma Emerald: "HOLY SHIT THIS IS THE SCUM CAN'T YOU GUYS SEE IT?!?!"
How_to_Not_Mess_Up_as_Town

Vi
Professor Paragon
 
User avatar
Joined: June 29, 2008
Location: GMT-5

Post Post #23  (ISO)  » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:39 am

I'm reading this thread and I'm like

why be a better mafia player
when you can be a better KAIN TEPES???
Decisions have consequences.
ALL decisions have consequences.
YOUR decisions have consequences.

Ircher
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 09, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #24  (ISO)  » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:43 pm

In post 23, Vi wrote:I'm reading this thread and I'm like

why be a better mafia player
when you can be a better KAIN TEPES???

Exactly why Kain should be himself.
Ttyll Mafia - Concluded!
Voting Mafia - Night 1, 0 replacements
Nomic - Currently hosted by me

Next
[ + ]

Return to Mafia Discussion