Why do YOU hate hydras, as either a player or a mod?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:46 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 121, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 5, Kublai Khan wrote:Mafia is about having instinct and wrestling with second guessing those instincts or not. Having a second (or third!) person to sound off your doubts to is not something that other players have. It's an unfair advantage.
In post 116, Nachomamma8 wrote:I also don't think that hydras provide a significant advantage (as either alignment) to justify the "hydras are cheating argument" - as Wisdom notes, hydras with two active heads are typically easier to read since it allows people to pick on a weak link, and as town, getting someone to talk with about the game is certainly helpful, but compromising in good points and minimizing dissonance and finding a way for your reads to mesh is difficult, and means that it takes a decent amount of skill to produce a town hydra stronger than the sum of its parts.
This ignores mafia. When I'm mafia I can totally to head to head with mastina and convince town to lynch her. If I need to fool nacho, I would take a completely different approach. If you two are in a hydra, either approach would fail as you two discuss how scummy I am and high-five over finding scum. I consider that an unfair advantage.

Also, "We are easier to read" is a cheat in itself. You've reduced the challenge of trying to get town to read you as town which can be a great difficulty in mafia.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:55 pm

Post by Firebringer »

What town doesn't want to just lynch mastina though?
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:10 pm

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

In post 126, Firebringer wrote:What town doesn't want to just lynch mastina though?
Ya'll just need to hydra
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
"Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy

Return to “Mafia Discussion”