Experience is the best teacher.

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Experience is the best teacher.

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:56 am

Post by LicketyQuickety »

I find myself drawn to learn from players who are more experienced than myself at Mafia. I don't get the privilege of playing with players who have been in the game for much longer than I have been playing. Its one of those things that I just sorta wanna say "if only..." but I know it doesn't really work like that. Every player who has played here a while has some unique insights into this game and have their own slight variations and twists for adapting their play to the much larger "standard" way to play that is mostly generally accepted. I am always looking for critiques of my game, but I still feel that even with the best advice given, I am a different player than them and what may work really well for them might not work as well for me.

It is known by experts who study this kind of stuff that when you have done something for 10,000 hours, you essentially become an expert at that thing. I am wondering just how many games/posts this really equates too. I am not really looking for an exact number of games played or number of posts made that equates to 10,000 hours, but it would be kinda nice if there was some kind of milestone for when someone truly becomes a seasoned player who knows what they are doing to a degree that separates them from other players.

Thoughts?
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”