Let's reread our first game

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Let's reread our first game

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:04 pm

Post by Socrates »

Looking back, I had completely forgotten my first game and could only remember my second.

I replaced into a 60+ page mini normal that was an endless deluge of walls of text of people having pissing contests with each other. I didn't contribute much, all my reads were shit, and I don't think I even so much as uttered the name of one of scum.

I still had that inexplicable townie musk even then, though, and the scum team trying to claim a false-guilty result on me ended up being a major part of their undoing.

Feels weird. I want to believe that I've grown in some way since then, but I have little proof.

How about you guys?
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:08 pm

Post by Vijarada »

this is mafia discussion
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:51 pm

Post by Nexus »

Moved to Mafia Discussion.
Trans rights are human rights.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:40 am

Post by Socrates »

Sorry.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:10 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

Let's see:

First game on MS by start time
Newbie 1691 (VT, lost)
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=65662
super duper try-harded, largely solved the game D3 LYLO, lost after A50 subbed in and was insane and I mis-hammered him D4 after just about every single townie slot was screaming for his slot to die

First game on MS by end time
Micro 600 (town mason, won)
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=65913
didn't really try super hard, got a town sweep win, got anti upset at me for non-stop question spamming :P

I feel like I've changed a lot since then, in ways both good and bad. For the most part I just don't go super try hard (or make myself super obvtown) anymore, but on the other hand I'm MUCH better at reading people and board states than I was then, and I feel like I've become one of the better town-hunters and scum-hunters (related but not the same thing) on the site. Not top 5% probably, but I'd say top 10-15% (MAYBE top 5% if you count all of the drive-bys who do like one game and nothing ever again as site members I guess)
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:36 am

Post by Socrates »

I remember at the time I first left the site, I was working on a theme game that had mechanics based around testing and challenging people's actual ability to scumhunt. I should see if I can dig that up, I don't remember how it was going to work. I think there was going to be a scoring system of some kind?
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:38 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

I mean, every game (other than super role madnessy stuff) challenges peoples' ability to scum-hunt, and I'm pretty sure that the games that most do so are mountainous and/or nightless. Not really sure how a specific mechanic could especially test/challenge scum-hunting ability, I guess I'm a bit curious what you meant on that front.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:40 am

Post by Creature »

idk, in my first game I had the ideology that one of the SEs/IC must be scum.

D1 I incorrectly called two players as scum (more at OMGUS).
D2 I made a false dichotomy that the scum must be one of two newbies and one of two SEs/ICs. Good thing I was right.
Sigh
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:00 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

My first game (on my first account {Unright}) was Newbie #433. I replaced into a slot that was very scummy and started by attacking an IC which the other IC had an innocent result on. But I created some doubt for a while and made the game lively. So that was good.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:59 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

viewtopic.php?p=4949973&user_select%5B% ... 7#p4949973

I led a mislynch on scum, but I got buddied by the SK.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:03 am

Post by Creature »

"led a mislynch on scum"?
Sigh
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:06 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

"Lynch"

lol
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:39 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

my first game i had very little idea what i was doing. I met Moonlight and Tr1ckster who were chill. I ended p helping push a lynch on scum but got lynched due to having to soft a PR. I think nacho was the IC and ended up carrying the town to victory with lynching the final scum, although it was me moon and tr1ck pushing the first one.
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:30 am

Post by Socrates »

In post 6, mhsmith0 wrote:I mean, every game (other than super role madnessy stuff) challenges peoples' ability to scum-hunt, and I'm pretty sure that the games that most do so are mountainous and/or nightless. Not really sure how a specific mechanic could especially test/challenge scum-hunting ability, I guess I'm a bit curious what you meant on that front.
At the time I was increasingly annoyed at the people who finish a game, look at the townies they mislynched, and would tell themselves "that person played scummy. It's his fault I voted for him" rather than re-evaluating their perception of how that player behaved.

There are also people who take pride that they lynch "bad" players, and point to the times those players happen to flip scum as validation.

So what I wanted to do was build a structured environment that would grade the players individually on how accurate their reads
actually
are over the course of a full game. It would be very different from a normal game, because it would discourage players from compromising on their reads just to push through a lynch, and I would want it so that a no-lynch would be better than a mislynch.

It would be highly experimental on it's face, and of course I would want to make it fun and weird, but I hadn't fully worked out the details. I might look into reviving the concept if people would be interested in such a different style of game.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:04 pm

Post by mastina »

Define first game.
First game participated in? That would be Newbie 688.
I drew scum. I was obviously scum.
Spoiler: Like, literally:
I'm going to try an interesting strategy. This strategy will probably backfire horribly, causing me to get lynched fairly quickly, but, meh, that's why I'm here--to learn. :)

Confirmed.
Mastin wrote:Whoops! Oh, *Mastin Inc. Censor*! (Abbreviated from now on to MIC. I owe a friend this idea.) GAH! This is what I get for not having internet.

I won't defend myself at all, actually, and will keep my strategy to myself. It's stupid, yes, but I have a firm belief the system works something like this:

M's chances of being lynched: 12.5%. 1/8.

Player One: You're scum.

M's chances: 20%.

P1's Chances: 30%.

Me: No I'm not.

M's chances: 40%.

P1's chances: 20%.

P1: Yes, you are.

M's chances: 40.

P1's chances: 30.

Me: No; I am not.

M's chances: 70% chance of being lynched.

By that logic, defending myself would backfire. Flipping innocent would mean P1's immediate lynching the next day, but if I was guilty...then I'd have killed myself.

And mrfixij, it's Mastin, not mastis. Please, don't typo my name. On where I'm from, the battleon forums, that's acceptable since I'm mastin2, not Mastin. Here...it's capitalized.

I think that my failure to post has already ended the random voting stage, no thanks to me not being able to post for a while.
Mod: Just a warning: I am rarely available Saturdays or Mondays, since I'll watch Anime instead of be at the computer. Similarly,
(assuming I live that long, of course. Right now, my chances look fairly slim)
I won't be available then. Additionally, the following days
(Sunday, Tuesday, sometimes Wednesday)
are fairly busy as well.

Just a note so that I don't get kicked out.
...Though this is a two-edged sword note. I won't get kicked, yet now players know that, "Oh, M can't post on Saturday! Today's the perfect day to gather an argument against him and get that lynch!"

Well, I'll figure something out to prevent this eventually. In the mean time, I'll have no choice but to look scummy, since I must depart soon and won't be able to post an argument for a few hours, or maybe a whole 24 hours. No finger of suspicion nor any vote shall be given, since I don't have the time to support my claim.
Mastin wrote:...

Well, I'm acting stupid. I'd be surprised if I'm not dead by tomorrow at the rate those votes are accumulating. Well, with most hope long-since gone, let me see if I can make even a pathetic few comments. And pressure doesn't affect me. You're right about not needed pressure to make me crack--I'm rather terrible at this, now, aren't I? Well, back to page one it is. I don't know how to fully use the quote function here (different than most), but...meh, you never know 'til you try.
Don't go out and say you're going to try something unusual, it just makes you look like complete scum.
Obviously, honesty backfired terribly here. I probably would've been better off not saying that, since you are correct. It DOES make me look scummy. But I must say, I had been planning a strategy since the moment I even glimpsed a mafia game a month ago. What good does it do me? None, actually. At this point, I'm pretty screwed. What's the vote count at for me? Three? Four? *sighs*

Mastin definately has stepping into some trouble. Saying that you are going to "try something" makes us all look like suckers if we let you get away with that and then turn out to be scum.
*grumbles about how he hates typos* Sorry. Irrelevant; I dislike typos, and definately is one. (Favorite Nickname: Typo Master. There's a reason for that, but it has no relevance)

Well, onto the point: it is true. If I am scum, then everyone ends up looking like fools. If I'm just an idiotic villager who really, really needs to work on his mafia skills, then, however, then people look even more like a fool, since that's two out of seven villagers gone.

I entirely agree. My only problem with that is that it's too obvious. It very well may be a newbie mistake, and it's almost making the too scummy to be scum fallacy, but I figure I can always change my vote.
This is logic that I can agree with. Umm...I don't believe that it violates any rules to talk about a mafia game on another forum which I don't think many people from there actually come here.
Battleon Forums, in the Unofficial Contests and Games, has a mafia game. One of the players there was experienced and correctly pointed out two mafia members. (Was killed after the first was lynched.) There is a third on that list, one who also posted something along the lines of 'im going to come back for you'. Now, if that third member was mafia...well, needless to say, if I was playing the game, I'd come up with only two possible conclusions:
1: The player was really, really stupid and seriously needs to work on mafia skills.
2: Oh, come on! No player is THAT stupid; killing one who is suspicious of you only draws more attention to you! By saying that line, only newer, inexperienced players will think that person to be guilty. Experienced players know that it could very well be different, though. Either #1 is true, or they're innocent and are trying...well, essentially, reverse psychology.

So, if you can see the similarities, it all comes down to if I was being really, really, really, REALLY stupid (mafia OR villager), or if it was some type of tactic of mine. Stupid, and obviously backfiring? Of course; I can see that now, but there's a little universal rule that I am dedicated to following preventing tampering, if you know what I mean. :P

My logic, no matter how you look at it, will be flawed, though. I've never been good at this type of game, my only weapon being semi-philosophical rants that loop back in an attempt to confuse players.

the longer Mastin goes without posting.. the more votes I'm sure he's going to attract.
And when I post, it's too late; the fingers have been pointed, and I'm at *counts* L-2. (Meh, not an argument; just a random note. It's true, no?)

That is the most backwards logic I've EVER seen mastin. EVER. Defending yourself does not increase suspicion on you, and you only gain suspicion from a GOOD attack. It's a character trait of scum to be noncommittal and try to look like he's on everyone's side. FACT. Right now, you're showing the quintessential anti-town behavior. We haven't even heard from everybody and you're making yourself look suspicious. Nobody even needs to pressure you, either you're a terrible town player or SCUM, and either way, I don't think we need you.
...Personal belief. It's something that I have observed...well, everywhere, on and offline. When defending yourself, it only draws more attention to the accuser and the accused. At least, that's what experience has told me. If you disagree with this or have seen differently, then thanks for the warning. And I will make no such attempt to look like I'm on everyone's side. Such actions are meaningless; I'm either town or mafia, so I will act as such. Looking suspicious is another reverse-psychology tactic that I am trying. While I've read several mafia games, this is my first attempt at playing in one, so I am trying out strategies that have been formulated since then.

And the logic that we don't need even a terrible townie is perhaps the worst I've ever seen. If I'm scum, well, the mafia's chances of winning are halved. If, however, I am not mafia, then that would instantly take out two villagers, leaving only five. While odds still favor the village, I find that kind of logic to be the kind that is meant to get a quick lynch. While I will not vote for you, I am finding myself having quite a FoS for just that one line. Please do clear my suspicions by explaining your last sentence.

But right now, you have very little to lose.
So I have noticed... <_<
People are looking for your head based on your opening post.
And I probably deserve it.
If you are town, I'd rather not have you lynched, so talk to us and explain yourself.
Well, you said it: I have little to lose. Looking at my planned strategies (all of them), I realize that not a single one of them was a good idea and all would make things worse. One of the main ones would've been role claiming, if allowed (since not all games allow it). Whatever the strategy, I'd use my character-limit-breaking rambles (I've reached character limits on four forums.) to try and see to it that I do not get lynched, since no matter my alignment, getting lynched = bad.
Claims new, covert strategy that he thinks may get him lynched.
L-2, anyone? It appears that my thoughts are correct.
This is scummy for hiding information and showing an apparent unconcern for whether he's lynched or not (if he's town, he should want town to survive; if he's scum, he may be faking nonchalance).
Scummy? This one I fail to see. If I was mafia, I'd want to survive at all costs, since the second one mafia dies, the chances of the mafia winning are halved. If I was mafia, then I'd probably want to...blend in, I believe the correct term would be. By sticking out, saying I'm going to get lynched...well, it seems to attack more attention than it detracts. If I'm lynched and am found townie, that's nearly half of the villager's chance of survival gone as well. But, even so, as I am writing this and looking back at my posts...well, I realize that, at the core of the game, either villager or mafia fits the profile, yet it DOES lean towards mafia.

Meh, I'll summarize the very few points supporting me being pro-village compared to the massive list of things that point to me being mafia in just a second. Still got a few quotes to point out.

and somewhat inscrutable use of abbreviation as well
Why point this out...at all? It has no relevance to the topic. I find it unusual that such a thing would be pointed out.

I'm not moving my vote yet because I'd like to see if this strange behavior passes. More concerning though is that Mastin doesn't seem to be valuing the "treat this game like a commitment" rule. Certainly a break can be taken from anime in order to honor a commitment.
1: Take your vote, buddy. I'm always strange. I've been called crazy, insane, deluded, and many others by multiple people. I tend to use the most outrageous approaches possible. It will probably one get worse as the L-2 becomes L-1.

2: Oh, I take it very seriously, thank you very much. I do treat it as a commitment. But think of it this way: those anime show at 5 am in the morning; they do NOT repeat. I've got only one chance to watch it. I don't have the option of effectively watching anime online, with a limit in bandwidth too low to watch a video without my internet service being cut off. Now, which is worse? Not logging on 2-4 days a week, or mysteriously disappearing for months, if not longer?
Needless to say, I have every intention of posting as often as I can. (Until the lynch, since that seems to be where this is headed...fast. I cannot effectively defend myself.)

Summary:

Pro-villager
--Is quite the newb at mafia. I could just be playing terribly.
--Is rather honest. (Stupidly honest)

Mafia
--Again, is a newb.
--Is hypocritical. I imagine my logic here and earlier logic conflict. This is often interpreted as scummy.
--Seems to hint at being mafia. I'm really making myself look like the enemy, aren't I?
--Is close enough to lynching to be desperate. Well, I would be, but while I am dedicated to this game and will do my best to play it, it's not like I'm panicking or anything; I still see it as just a game. Both of which seem to be a little scummy.

While there aren't that many more pointing to me being mafia than that of villager (in my opinion; I probably missed a great deal), those for mafia carry significantly more weight.

So, what am I doing, posting this? Is it an act of desperation? Almost certainly. Am I trying to prevent my death? Of course. Albeit unintentionally at first, I've made myself look scummy and now have made myself look even more so, despite advice to not do that, as it would only hinder the efforts of the village if I were, truly, a villager. So, now what? Do you believe the evidence that I'm scum and just flat-out lynch me? Do you debate it for days before performing the same action? I really can't defend myself any further. There's no way that I am not at your mercy. So, what to do? I'm not going to cast a vote. I have no reason to do so, as none here, save for me, look extremely suspicious. I'm certainly not voting for myself. Am I scummy? Well, probably. Let's put it this way: if I wasn't scummy yet was acting scummy and somehow survived the first day, there's a good chance that the real mafia would target me, killing me. So, by that (also flawed) logic, the only answer would be that I'm scum, correct? Or maybe I am just trying to confuse the players into removing their votes. Simply put, I cannot say that I'm either scum, nor townie, at the moment. It would only lessen my chances of survival, either way. Is this just part of my old plan, of possibly reverse psychology? Or am I just being an idiot who's hammering himself with evidence of extreme guilt.

Well, it comes down to two votes. Go ahead and make your decision and make it quick; you might regret hesitating.
Mastin wrote:Oh, whoops. I began typing that before springlullaby and all those following posts were posted, so had no way of seeing them 'til just now.

Well, not much else to say, other than to note those posts weren't there and I was jumping blindly into the most recent discussion.

And here's rough percentages of the days:
Monday: 25% chance.
Saturday: 40% chance.
Sunday: 70% chance.
Tuesday: 60% chance.
Thursday and Friday: 85% chance. As you can see, I can come. The note was just a warning that I might not ALWAYS be on at that time.

Random statistics that have absolutely nothing to do with current discussion: there's only a 2/9 chance that any of us are scum; by voting hastily, you only have a 2/9 chance of actually hitting a mafia member.
Mastin wrote:
amongst the first time players.. who has played this game elsewhere in other forms?
I've only read a half dozen games here (you know, Newbies 680-687 and any others catching my eye), and the one game run by Dawn of Shadows on The Battleon Forums in the Unofficial Contests and Games section. This is my first time playing, though.
Mastin, do you have anything to say about the game and who you would like to lynch?
There's not really anything to say. I've read nothing new to significantly change my opinion. The only one who I was suspicious of (mrfixij) has defended fairly well. If I were to vote, it'd be an EXTREME case of the OMGUS against mrfixij.

If I do change my mind, then I will post something. But until then, I really have nothing to say of any interest.
Mastin wrote:Well, with a prod, I have no choice but to post saying that I'm alive and well.
Mastin wrote:Priorities Straight? I come here every day, view every post. I just don't feel the need to say anything. But if you do believe that lynching me will help the town, then by all means, do proceed. Really, I don't have anything else to say.
Mastin wrote:
You offer a lot of text with very little content. [...]For starters, I want to know your thoughts on Schehera and Panamon/mark. Also, do you have any other suspects right now?
Sorry. I do ridiculously long posts without even being aware of it. 'Tis in my nature.

As for opinions:

I really can't give any evidence, other than a 'gut feeling' from the posts, or lack there of. While, personally, I believe that just my gut instinct is meaningless, if it helps, then it, well, helps.

Schehera--seems just a tad bit scummy, yes, from looking at posts, especially if I were to be mafia, since Schehera's posts COULD easily be interpreted as defending me. However, I think it is just more likely that Schehera is a little hesitant to lynch, nothing more. While a tad bit suspicious and one of my lead suspects, Scehera seems more pro-villager.

QuestionMark--we know nothing of QM, other than QM has replaced Panamon and neither actively posts. Panamon's posts with...for lack of a better term, lack of logic supporting vote...make him seem a little scummy, but could just be an example of village idiot in the making. However, QuestionMark has replaced Panamon and I have yet to see any posts from QM. This seems a little scummy to me, but could just be QM's reading style, or lack of activity.

mrfixij--Very active debater; this is very helpful to the town...or so it would seem. All evidence, except for Moses le fou's point, seems to suggest that fixij is pro-villager. That evidence against fixij would only make sense if springlullaby were scum as well, though, which I do not believe is the case. All in all, a person who appears to be pro-villager, but who just as easily could be a good scum player.

I can't find an opinion for WeatheredClown right now, since with a current vote against me, even something as simple as an opinion would be influenced by the OMGUS factor.

Everyone else: Disturbingly silent, with the occasional post. This is suspicious, but is not any evidence alone that a person is scum.

Again, these are just 'gut feelings' from reading the posts. I don't have any evidence to support these claims. If I really believe someone's scum that badly, I'll present evidence supporting it and then cast my vote.
Mastin wrote:Put simply:

D'oh.

I have a strong dislike for my internet service. Around winter, it has a bad tendency to break down without warning. It should be fixed and I am back. I have not been doing nothing, though, and have formed opinions on who's scum and who's not, but at this point, my opinions would mean nothing without me giving proof, something which I am struggling to do. First time's the hardest. :/
Mastin wrote:Oh, *Censor*. Bad luck has stricken me again. I have no choice but to
request replacement.

...No, I'm not running. I'm not feeling hopeless. I'm not cornered, or anything like that. I'm not feeling any of the emotions Panamon has been accused of feeling. I really don't want to do this, but have no choice. The one, and ONLY computer which I can regularly access this forum from just broke this morning. I'm lucky that I can even get on this one. While it could be repaired and/or I could find another computer to regularly use to come here, the fact remains that this, currently, is not the case. So I wouldn't be able to do anything. At that point, I believe that I should be replaced.

...you're probably better off without me, anyway, since I suck. I really messed up, so I hope my replacement can forgive me for the trouble I've caused. I'd love to keep on playing, but...well, I can't play with no computer. Sorry for failing you all.

-Mastin
...It doesn't get much more obvious than that. (Incidentally they are also remarkably cringe-worthy.)

If you're talking about first game which I
completed
, that would be Newbie 742. I was a cop, antagonized Kublai Khan, investigated him, and got a guilty. (When his slot wasn't his, the fight was fairly easy. He was experienced even then though so he had the edge on me and I ended up needing to claim the guilty.) It was really short because we quicklynched a player who later became a notorious Village Idiot on D1, I had a guilty on D2, so there wasn't much before the game's end.

That being said, while I completed 742 first, the first game which I
started playing
that I also
finished playing
was Newbie 735. Also a cop. I started it before 742, but 742 finished before this game ended. I replaced in on D2, and I managed to get a guilty N2.

Mind you. Still cringe-worthy. I was right, but I was right in a painfully awkward way to read in hindsight because my GOD I was such an idiot back then. (That being said: I loved my reveal for 735.)

Fun mastina trivia is that after I panic-replaced-out of Newbie 688, I stuck around. I read other games. I read the wiki, memorizing its contents. I read the games listed on the wiki pages. I also began playing on EpicMafia, but I did so
after
688, just BEFORE 735/742. (Mind you, Newbie 688 lasted a little over four months. You might think that is absurdly long, but
all
newbie games--well, most of them--lasted about that length back in those days. Butyeah. Started October 10th 2008, ended February 18th, 2009.)

So when I came back to the site after 688 ended (I wanted to come back earlier, but feared if I came back while my replacement was still alive, people would note, "Hey, why is Mastin active elsewhere on-site even though Mastin replaced out of this game?", meaning I waited until the game was over to return to posting), I had gained experience from EpicMafia and don't laugh, because EpicMafia in the 2008-2009 range wasn't shitty. It's hard to believe, I know, but back then you could have an EpicMafia game last for four hours. (Yes. Four hours. On an EPICMAFIA game. Because people treated the timer as a suggestion, not an absolute rule, and took their time actually fucking scumhunting, as difficult as that is to believe!)
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:50 pm

Post by pieguyn »

my first game was a newbie game that had two active wall posters, and then an experienced player who signed up in a newbie slot as an alt who first thing got into this huge shitfight with one of them, to which the other responded by siding with the alt, and cue 15+ pages of endless wall posts and infighting (all three of them were town). I honestly didn't mind all of the wall posts so much, I'd play with either of them again immediately and I still feel like I share a connection with one of them since the next game I was in I was scum with him (it's too bad he's gone now), but regardless, it ended up being one of the hugest clusterfucks I've ever played in in my entire time on the site.

the result: I identified the two who started the whole thing as both town, correctly pushed scum who had attempted to feign a mislynch on me before all of this happened, end up compromising with one of the experienced players (on town...), and then I ended up being tricked by a friend of mine in 5p LYLO who fake claimed doctor after being ran up D2 (I was the cop and we had just happened to be in the cop-only setup where doctor is a safe claim to make...)
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:38 pm

Post by Nexus »

My first game I was town and voted the obv townie in LYLO because the scum slot had been replaced twice and my line of reasoning was that scum wouldn't replace out.

lel.
Trans rights are human rights.
Rileycountant
Rileycountant
Goon
Rileycountant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:51 pm

Post by Rileycountant »

I got hard-pushed by scum!Marquis and replaced out because I was too scared of the pressure.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:09 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

I can't be bothered reading it.

I drew cop, had a scum claim that day 1, the wagon then vanished, i joined the person fakeclaiming on lynching majiffy (that's probably the best moment of my mafia career, even though it was dumb)
Made a comment about the IC listing stuff as the old version of the 2of4 setup, lynched the fakeclaimed cop
Was forced to clear all the townies before we were allowed to lynch the second scum who had been kept in jall the whole time.

I think I've changed my no longer playing mafia.
I'd probably end up doing stupid stuff again if I joined another game.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:13 am

Post by kuribo »

My first game was this:
viewtopic.php?t=6083

You can clearly see the foundation for my now-well-known playstyle

Town won in eight pages. I just realized I've literally been correcting people about my user name since my first post on this site
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:50 pm

Post by horrordude0215 »

First game for me was Newbie 915. I was one of the scummiest players in the game, but was cleared D2 when I was at L-1 by the cop claiming with an inno on me. I ended up miraculously hammering correctly D3 and D4 in lylo for the win, but damn... I sucked.
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:44 pm

Post by implosion »

a lot of these stories have the feel of "well, that happened." And I think I have a lot of them beat.

My first game was a c9 newbie game. Both me and another person were forced to claim that we were power roles (without being explicit). I eventually got lynched, as the doctor. Day two, the cop (who was not the other person who had claimed a power role!) claimed... with a guilty (also not on that person!) and well, i like to think that my lynch secured the town win :X
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:12 pm

Post by Firebringer »

My first game here, I played ummmm alright?
I don't know if i want to read it.

It was a newbie, and after that game I swore off Newbies forever.
Haven't played a Newbie since.

Made me have have a hatred for the Newbie queue that continues to this day.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:45 am

Post by ZZZX »

My first game I got lynched as I posted a case in a dead player and people thought I was an alt who was faking lol.

Thus the first quote in my sig
Implosion: I see ZZZX was
redacted
. For shame, people. For shame.
The Bulge: ZZZX is ZZZX
Get to know a ZZZX: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=58733
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades