Let's reread our first game

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:56 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

^ LOL
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:58 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

In post 24, Raskolnikov wrote:I think I could win an award for "harshest first game experience"

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=64538
Quicklynch on page 2 for a joke - damn.
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:06 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 26, horrordude0215 wrote:
In post 24, Raskolnikov wrote:I think I could win an award for "harshest first game experience"

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=64538
Quicklynch on page 2 for a joke - damn.
Those newbies please the gods of murder from whom I draw my power
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:20 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 19, kuribo wrote:My first game was this:
viewtopic.php?t=6083

You can clearly see the foundation for my now-well-known playstyle

Town won in eight pages. I just realized I've literally been correcting people about my user name since my first post on this site
Where is kuribo and what have you done with him
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:01 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Spoiler:
Day 1 wrote:Um, red is reserved for the mod, Looker, just so you know... and you might actually be high, with the "regurgiate posts" comment and all...and the french fry thing? What? Is that one of those scum-not-posting-content things? o_O
Day 2 wrote:Um, Pads is causing me to get more of a town read now. So far he's been doing a good scumhunting job. And while I have a tendency to think of MiteyMouse as town, that might just be because she's an IC and friendly. Same with Tuberkulos; I didn't like him very much at first because he kinda scared me, lol. ^-^ But now I see Tuberkulos as very town...and I'm starting to question why MiteyMouse seems so...defensive? Not adding enough content? I don't really know what to think about MiteyMouse.

Fabian still seems suspicious to me. I guess I'll
FoS Fabian
. But I'm nowhere near totally sure on that.
Day 2 wrote:[...] And also, I'm worried that 9 days isn't going to be enough to discuss the roleclaim and possibly find a new person to lynch. Hmm...
Day 2 wrote:[...]

Huh, none of you really seem scummy to me, is what I guess I found out. Crap, I suck at scumhunting. I sure wish the deadline wasn't so close, so we had more time to figure this out.
Day 3 wrote:I was wondering that too, why did MM supposedly choose Mane...why investigate someone you think is town? Isn't the point of being the cop to try to find scum? First reason coming to my mind: Mane has said more than once he has a town read on me. I have said on this day that I trust him most, and on days in past I recall saying I thought that too. As scum, why not try to pull us together more? Well, I still think Mane is town. But you've got one thing right, MM - I do not trust you.

I'm no expert in game theory, but if you're a cop trying to investigate someone, wouldn't you be trying to find a scum? If someone seems scummy, they're more likely to be scum. If they're scum, they're going to be alive the next day, thus making your investigation more useful. So, why would you try to investigate someone you thought was town? If Mane seems so town to you, wouldn't you be afraid that he'd be dead the next day and thus your investigation would be useless?

I don't get that move either, MM. Sorry. Unfortunately, logically I'm thinking "MM is probably scum" and yet I have this weird feeling in my gut telling me "it's Pads and Fabian." I'm confused as hell LOL. Well, let's just talk a bit more and see how this all turns out... >_>
D4 wrote:I'm really sorry, Pads. I really have no idea which of you two it is. While I have more evidence against Fabian (lying, not looking for scum on day 1, posting weird things and blaming it on being drunk, etc.), I do have some things that seem "off" from you as well...plus, I have a stupid feeling like you're scum. o_o But that aside, I can't help but feel that it's a set up that you and MM have both been pushing me and MM together, so to speak. Ever since you arrived, you've been saying MM & I are scum. However, it doesn't seem likely that you'd be saying your partner is scum for so long...

So, my basic dilemma is this: I think Fab is a bit more likely to be scum than you, but I don't see any way that you would help me lynch him, Pads, since you've been thinking I'm scum for so long... So that pretty much leaves me with lynching you, and hoping we get lucky. A 50% chance of catching scum is way better than 0% (lynching me), right? So, that's my current dilemma. As you know, I can be swayed rather easily...but that's just my nature.

While I thank you for the support, Fab, I wish it would be for some reason besides that you feel like doing something stupid. Oh well, I guess I should just take what I can get! :p I would also appreciate it if you would stop posting drunk. I prefer to hear from you when your brain is in its prime state. ^-^ We don't want to screw up LyLo.
Endgame wrote:Wow, both our ICs as mafia...very interesting. Well played by the mafia.

Lol, if I had showed up when Fabian had posted his drunk vote on Pads, I probably would've voted for Pads because I was screwed otherwise. Hehe. I was working on my case on Pads last night, Fabian, but then my mom sent me to bed. x_x Sorry...
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:00 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

My first game was a humbling experience of twist and turns best left in the past.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:05 am

Post by Umlaut »

First game on MS: Newbie 1661.

I wish I could join in the self-cringe party, but this is probably my best scum game, despite the early terrible push that made people suspicious of me for a little while. Still trying to figure out how to replicate my performance there, but I think a lot of it was circumstantial: being read as "not really a newbie" turned my newbish mistakes into towntells.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:59 am

Post by Something_Smart »

I just reread my first game yesterday, primarily as a procrastination mechanism. And it reminded me all over again how terrible of a game it was.

Newbie 1663

Not counting a pregame replacement, the game had nine replacements. Two were voluntary replace-outs due to toxic behavior on Day 1. One was due to the player being banned for being a troll alt. And six were due to flaking-- in five different slots (including both scum slots).

I replaced into a scum slot that had made a total of 2 posts, both in RVS, by page 15.

In addition to causing two replace-outs, toxicity led to the cop (town's only PR) claiming Day 1, with a scumread on my also-lurking scum partner that was right but for weird reasons; he was ignored and NK'd N1. (He also received a tempban for some of his comments in the game.) It also led to an easy mislynch on the other player who was being abrasive D1.

D2 saw several more replacements, including that of my partner who was still lurking and got put at L-1 with intent to hammer because of deadline. His replacement came in and pushed a mislynch (on a player who at that time had made 11 posts in 23 pages, despite being on the game's original playerlist), which was derphammered by another replacement in his first post. Then we cruised to an easy victory mislynching him in LYLO.

I was pretty proud of my play, but in hindsight it was pretty bad and the only reason I didn't get called out on it was because everyone else was worse.

Spoiler: Excerpts
(uncolored names are town)

My first substantive post:
[color=#FF0000]Something_Smart[/color] wrote:Wow, what a mess I had to read through. Here are my initial ideas:
Alita- hard to tell. Seemed town but hasn't posted a lot recently.
TheLhix- similar. I think Jake's actions were personality driven not alignment, so null.
Punkweight- slightly scummy for posting unsubstantial posts and votes, but again, hard to tell.
Rubidium- hasn't done anything scummy, I would say somewhat town.
Smithereens- somewhat argumentative but her logic makes sense. I would say town, but the day 1 claim was not smart.
Smudger (now Jester)- somewhat scummy for being too critical of Smither, but we will see if that was just his personality as he is replaced.
Jason- leaning scum but I can understand your anger with Smither. Also, arguing about proper strategy rather than what was actually done strikes me as slightly scum.
notscience
- Not sure. Has good thoughts, but the self meta did seem slightly scummy.

Again, this is just my humble newbie opinion based on one readthrough.
A town player's reaction to that post, and my response:
Rubidium wrote:Welcome to the game, you two! :)

Something Smart, first of all, I LOVE your avatar. Saturn is my favorite planet!

Anyway in your first post you called yourself a newbie, which IMO seemed irrelevant to the topic at hand. And in your second post you said you have a "humble newbie opinion".

So what drove you to say these things?
[color=#FF0000]Something_Smart[/color] wrote:Since I'm not experienced at making reads, I'm afraid I'll read something wrong.
Later in the day:
[color=#FF0000]Something_Smart[/color] wrote:I want to hear a defense from Jason and/or a readlist. I want to vote him but if I'm not mistaken that would put him at L-1 and I don't want a premature hammer.
Intent to vote: Jason
20 posts later:
[color=#FF0000]Something_Smart[/color] wrote:
Intent to hammer: Jason

Anybody have an objection?
Jason's response:
JasonWazza wrote:
In post 422, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 417, TheLhix wrote:What changed my opinion: The likelihood of which no-use player will be lynched in order to progress the game
Just so we are clear, you can honestly thank Smithereens for my "non-usefulness" it's a terrible thing to say, but her whole fucking act has demotivated me from this game,
Hoping i can get motivated to read the game tomorrow
, but it's very likely i will skip every Smithereens post so i don't have to read her shit.

Yep just hammer me this makes fucking sense.

You fucking wonder why i am infuriated with your posting smithereens.
7 posts and
10 hours
after my previous post:
[color=#FF0000]Something_Smart[/color] wrote:I'm doing it. My intent to hammer has been up almost 24 hours, and everybody not on the wagon has had a chance to speak up. Nobody seems to mind, including Jason.
VOTE: Jason
(Also completely missing Jason's sarcasm-- for real, not even faked because I was scum :oops: )

First post of Day 2 (emphasis is mine, and not in the original post):
[color=#FF0000]Something_Smart[/color] wrote:I have an idea. I think Rubidium is scum.
There are several reasons behind this:
1. She has tried very hard from the beginning to appear pro-town. Harder than some town players, in fact. It seemed to work: most players (including me) townread her. However, a lot of this pro-town feeling comes from her style of challenging players and asking questions. But the answers to these questions haven't really helped town. They only gave Rubidium towncred.
In post 377, Rubidium wrote:Jason, why have many of your posts been arguing with Smithereens? What were you trying to gain from that? And why do you want to go as far as to policy lynch her?
[color=#FF0000]notscience[/color] wrote:Really, I should have posted here with some explanation but ultimately I wasn't available to get into the mind-state required for IC posting (my normal posting is somewhat erratic and hard to follow, so when I am ICing I try to be as transparent as possible)
I know this is from pages ago but whatever. Can you elaborate on this?
[color=#FF0000]Something_Smart[/color] wrote:It's not wifom since nobody counterclaimed. I think Smither's logic is sound. I don't like Jason for attacking her and NS for trying to get on her good side.
This sounds like you're trying to agree with everyone at the same time. Which is kind of understandable, since it's easy to be undecided in Mafia. But so far who would you lynch and why?
In post 367, Rubidium wrote:Welcome to the game, you two! :)

Something Smart, first of all, I LOVE your avatar. Saturn is my favorite planet!

Anyway in your first post you called yourself a newbie, which IMO seemed irrelevant to the topic at hand. And in your second post you said you have a "humble newbie opinion".

So what drove you to say these things?
In post 452, Rubidium wrote:
In post 451, TheLhix wrote:You should wagon and free me
Elaborate, please. And why aren't you answering my question?
2. I started suspecting her after the Jason unvote:
In post 416, Rubidium wrote:Why would you say we're "throwing s*** at the wall"? And why ask Smithers specifically to help you?

Anyway, I'd prefer to use all the time we're given. What if Jason DOES come back? I want to hear his answers to our questions. Or at least hear from his replacement.

WAIT. JUST NOTICED SOMETHING.
In post 385, TheLhix wrote:I say we hammer NotSci
TheLhix wrote:If you help me hammer Jason
What happened between these two posts to change your preferred lynch?

Pedit: UNVOTE: JasonWazza

Concerned about a premature lynch.
This unvote did not seem town motivated to me.
Jason was an obvious lynch target
and it wasn't likely he would contribute more. And the day was more than half over so I wouldn't call it premature. However, I do see a scum motivation for this: not wanting to be caught on a town wagon.

3. After Jason was hammered, she made several posts that seemed like scumslips to me. Remember that we didn't know if Jason was town until he flipped. But Rubidium, as scum, did:
In post 434, Rubidium wrote:I guess we'll wait for the flip. We better make something good out of it *Cough* Lhix
This doesn't sound town to me. It sounds like a forced way of saying "I know Jason was town, but I need to act like I don't."
In post 436, Rubidium wrote:...Jason, may you give us a final readlist before the Night?
And this also assumes Jason was town. It seems like you want to tell people "See? I told you he was town!"

4. The Lhix vote. With Lhix saying what he is, he clearly is making himself an easy lynch to see who falls for the opportunity lunch.
In post 447, Rubidium wrote:
TheLhix wrote:
Vote: Lhix
I agree with this vote. VOTE: TheLhix

I shouldn't have gone along with you all. Should've just waited and used all the time we had like I had originally intended. Oh well, now I know; mistakes are lessons.

Anyway, I'm thinking Lhix's argument that we have to end Day 1 might have been an excuse to lynch a Townie and blame it on Day 1 "uselessness".

Lhix, we now have more information. But I don't see you analyzing anything... Tell me. What can we draw from the fact that Jason was Town?
Rubidium was very quick to jump on this wagon, thinking it an easy way to get another mislynch.

Overall, I think Rubidium has done a few too many scummy things to pass them off as mistakes.
VOTE: Rubidium
Entire quote is cringey, but the blue is a literal scumslip IMO. :eek: It was pointed out but not dwelled upon.

Later day 2 after a major apathy spike:
[color=#FF0000]Something_Smart[/color] wrote:I'm not worn out, but there's been nothing for me to respond to. Honestly I'm disappointed in
notscience
, makesnosense and The_Jester. They made a commitment, and the game will die if they don't honor it.

On the other hand, a mass replacement will be equally frustrating. If half the town isn't playing I really think our only choice is to abandon it and join another where people will actually try.
@Mod what does it take to abandon a game?
When Kerkorrel and makesnosense (both town) start a deadline wagon on my absent partner I pull out the most massive chainsaw ever:
[color=#FF0000]Something_Smart[/color] wrote:You both bring up a fair point about
notscience
. But the way you both jumped on his wagon seemed surprising and almost planned, and it gave me a crazy theory that you two are scum together.

And the craziest thing is, it actually would make sense.

First, neither of the players you replaced did much to help the town. When you replaced in, Kerkorrel scumread Punkweight, but not heavily, and makesnosense nullread Kerkorrel, calling him a mix of towny and scummy- and scum want to avoid taking a position on each other one way or the other.

But it was the voting patterns that really caught my suspicion: Kerkorrel voted makesnosense with little reason (just one post that seemed maybe null-scummish to me). He used an absolute- "I can't believe". Well the only way he could actually not believe it is if he knew it. So this very well could be a distancing tactic from a scummy partner.

Then, I switched to makesnosense because the wagon on Rubidium was going nowhere. Almost immediately, Kerkorrel switched his vote off of makesnosense and onto an easy target without a very convincing reason. And then makesnosense immediately followed, with no justification at all.

Then in the responses to my question, makesnosense blamed
notscience
for being inactive, and Kerkorrel makes the "three person town" comment. This sounds more manipulative than anything else- meant to make me feel as though it's "us versus them"- an enemy from without, rather than within, so that I would easily give in to a
notscience
lynch.

This is, after all, just a theory. But it seems very plausible, and unless you give more specific reasons for voting
notscience
than "he's scummy and inactive", I would have to support no lynch, since there's no way I could get either of you lynched.
And then I make an argument for why I'd rather NL than lynch. In 5:2. (In my defense, I knew lynching was better and this WAS me intentionally playing the newbie card.)
[color=#FF0000]Something_Smart[/color] wrote:
In post 524, makesnosense wrote:Voting someone who you don't think is scum is just anti-town ..
Yet if I'm not mistaken, you both did exactly that. Both of you referenced the inferiority of MYLO over LYLO , which I simply don't see. And in doing so you clearly indicated you don't have a compelling case that he is scum. So why would you want to lynch him?

With so many inactives, it will take this town time to either regain interest in the game or get replaced. So why would we give up our chance to no lynch? If we lynch
notscience
and not enough players become active before the end of the next day we will lose. On the other hand, if we no lynch, we have four weeks to get back on our feet.

But even if we assume that we won't need that time, it seems all-around better to have 4 town versus 2 scum rather than 3 versus 2. In LYLO the scum only have to mislead one town, whereas in MYLO they need to mislead two. And requiring an extra vote to lynch better ensures that the town will actually all agree on the person they are lynching. Not to mention we no longer have to worry about a quickhammer.

Don't get me wrong, I would prefer a lynch to no lynch. But I want a lynch on a person who actually has a decent chance to be scum. And I just can't join a wagon whose members expect the lynch target to flip town.
Five posts later, after one other person joins the wagon:
[color=#FF0000]Something_Smart[/color] wrote:I still get the feeling that you're not necessarily expecting a scumflip, but with Alita on the wagon it removes the possibility that this is solely scum-led. So I feel a lot better about this lynch now (and the article about no lynching did help). But since we have the extra time we should at least give the other players a chance to return or be replaced. So:
Intent to hammer:
notscience
My last post of the game, in LYLO right before Kerkorrel hammered Tojam and won us the game.
[color=#FF0000]Something_Smart[/color] wrote:So now Tojam is confirmed scum, otherwise makesnosense or Kerkorrel would have hammered.
Kerkorrel, it's good to be paranoid, but the more we talk today, the more info the scum will have for who to kill.
And
Drixx
, I don't think Kerkorrel should post his reads; all that does is give the scum more possibilities to throw us off with a WIFOM kill. I think we already have enough information to lynch correctly tomorrow.

And the newbie retention rate was terrible. I think of the 9 newbies that were in the game at any point (and that weren't alts), only 4 even played another game, and only 3 (me, Frozen Angel, and tojam2) are still active on the site.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:23 pm

Post by Umlaut »

My first Mafia game
ever:
Mafia's Revenge II: The Revenge on Brunchma. (Note: my username at the time was Happy Noodle Boy but I changed it to Ümläüt sometime later, for extra reading confusion.)

This game is so old that basic rules like "Dead people can't talk" hadn't been settled yet.

Most of my cringing at this is the same cringe I get from reading anything I wrote 16 years ago, though as I recall I was pretty useless in the game as well.

Spoiler: Check out this masterpiece of deductive reasoning!
Aggh. I've been accused by someone! Damn low-post theory!

I haven't said anything because I haven't played before, and so I don't have any good theories about the game to advance. I'll just read what everyone else says, and decide that way.

Bandwagon approach doesn't seem to be working so far, but not lynching anyone does guarantee we'll lose. This game is just slanted in the Mafia's favor in general, methinks. So I'll just be voting for whoever I find suspicious, regardless of any bandwagons one way or the other.

So, let's see. I'm not sure I believe in the low-post theory, since I already know that I haven't posted much of anything, and I know I have a reason for that. I agree with Toon that the Mafia wouldn't just sit back and let us think for ourselves when they could be actively confusing us. I also know that Egnatius has implicitly accused me, but I think his intentions are pure. And Sandry's vote for me seems totally innocent, just because I'm not important enough to get bumped off by the Mafia.

Now, there's one thing I'm not sure about, that I'd like to know before I make my vote: How many Mafia are in the game?
("Low-post theory" is what we would call lurking.)

Spoiler: And how about this 5-star defense?
You challenge me? You challenge me!?

Well, basically I don't post unless I actually have something to say. That's why.

There seem to be a couple of suspects, and plenty of good reason to suspect all of them. I'm thinking SimonBob and Toon. I suspect we should lynch one of them, and that's why I'm saving my vote to see which way the bandwagon goes.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:33 am

Post by Loopdan »

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=66590

My first game was pretty great. Shotty was mod and did a terrible job and had to be replaced. Drixx was the IC and was largely absent and then super-defensive and tunnelly on me. RC replaced into a slot I was hard TRing and when we mass-claimed I fake-claimed VT (I was tracker) and winked-winked successfully with RC and he fake-claimed tracker. So RC gets the NK heading into lylo and I had the guilty on the last scum. Helluva game.

It's mostly been downhill from there.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2017 3:23 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

My first game on Mafia Scum: Uite's Newbie

I was very controlling and probably a bit dickish. I realized that playstyle was not fun to play with. I don't remember what I really did wrong but it was probably being wrong and tunneling that game. I walled with Optimus Prime. I was pushing a case on Crazy the whole time. I always laugh at the french dude's responses to my policing though. Also Crazy said I was basically Mastin (now Mastina) + Zazier.

Funny Post Highlights
: #597 #598 #608
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2017 4:14 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Newbie 1717

Pegged innocentvillager as scum on page 2. We tunneled each other. His partner went mia. Got replaced. Replacement hard buddied me. IV called us partners. People wanted to lynch Accountant. I didn't really want to. By end of day I wasn't so hot for IV any more and wanted his now doubly replaced partner more. Rather than lynch myself or his partner, IV lynched Accountant, and I made sure to spit at him start of day 2 for that.

My lynch briefly flared up as a possibility, and RC went nuts claiming cop with inno on scum2 threatening IV with a policy lynch if he kept tunneling me. Day got massively derailed and I returned to find the person I was voting for (Simoyd) lynched, who honestly deserved it, but not for the wagon that came for him, and I was ready for IV again. Turns out RC was a tracker, got NKed after much discussion in the mafia pt over whether myself (the absentee of the remainder of day) was the real tracker or not, supposedly that was RC's plan but that didn't matter. Rest of the days got quickhammered by town to a loss before I could show up.

Game had a consequence of making myself very confident in my own reads leading to some rather embarrassing situations in later games... Entertaining, and sometimes, fantastic... Calling an entire scumteam unlynchable and threatening to shoot the entire town for disagreeing with me is not quite a highlight of mine :laugh:
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2017 4:22 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 33, Umlaut wrote:My first Mafia game
ever:
Mafia's Revenge II: The Revenge on Brunchma. (Note: my username at the time was Happy Noodle Boy but I changed it to Ümläüt sometime later, for extra reading confusion.)

This game is so old that basic rules like "Dead people can't talk" hadn't been settled yet.

Most of my cringing at this is the same cringe I get from reading anything I wrote 16 years ago, though as I recall I was pretty useless in the game as well.

Spoiler: Check out this masterpiece of deductive reasoning!
Aggh. I've been accused by someone! Damn low-post theory!

I haven't said anything because I haven't played before, and so I don't have any good theories about the game to advance. I'll just read what everyone else says, and decide that way.

Bandwagon approach doesn't seem to be working so far, but not lynching anyone does guarantee we'll lose. This game is just slanted in the Mafia's favor in general, methinks. So I'll just be voting for whoever I find suspicious, regardless of any bandwagons one way or the other.

So, let's see. I'm not sure I believe in the low-post theory, since I already know that I haven't posted much of anything, and I know I have a reason for that. I agree with Toon that the Mafia wouldn't just sit back and let us think for ourselves when they could be actively confusing us. I also know that Egnatius has implicitly accused me, but I think his intentions are pure. And Sandry's vote for me seems totally innocent, just because I'm not important enough to get bumped off by the Mafia.

Now, there's one thing I'm not sure about, that I'd like to know before I make my vote: How many Mafia are in the game?
("Low-post theory" is what we would call lurking.)

Spoiler: And how about this 5-star defense?
You challenge me? You challenge me!?

Well, basically I don't post unless I actually have something to say. That's why.

There seem to be a couple of suspects, and plenty of good reason to suspect all of them. I'm thinking SimonBob and Toon. I suspect we should lynch one of them, and that's why I'm saving my vote to see which way the bandwagon goes.
SHIT
WHO IS THIS SIMONBOB
As for me, my first game was a hard fought win. Town was a mess the first two days, then massclaim rolled around and the game became me and Zyf vs. Grendel and Skold (the mafia), with Infinity 324 the decider. He ended up hammering the mafia due to a play discrepancy where they had claimed Tracker but they pushed a no visit they claimed. The mafia ended up tying each other together so well D3 they were basically tied by the neck, so when one hung the other came soon after.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2017 4:35 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

I now started to read my past self and it's so painful seeing myself be so immature and dumb.
It Hurts
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2017 4:37 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

@Lycanfire: Lol. Yeah I became over-confident too, and I realized that confidence was hindering me from finding the scums.

@Gamma: Haha good stuff.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2017 4:39 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

As for my first forum game ever I replaced into a Scum slot that had been receiving minimal suspicion and a the game day after I replaced in I immediately scummed up the slot. I continued being terrible the next day, and the day after that I was Desperado killed. Terrible performance.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2017 4:50 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Wow for my very first game, I was newbie scum. I didn't know what the hell mafia was. I was just playing because of the Mario Theme. I was egged on to join. I was confused and asking a ton of questions. Yet I tried to be helpful. In the end I was still somewhat suspicious, but people pushed a player beside me thinking we were buddies. Obviously, they should have pushed for the obv scum me. Me and my buddy hammered for the win. Then people boosted my ego when I was just a bad player. I became much better when playing here.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sun May 28, 2017 6:25 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

First game onsite or first game ever?

Both were larges..
This should be fun! Lol
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare

Return to “Mafia Discussion”