Balance Discussuon Thread

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Powder Punk Girl
Powder Punk Girl
Goon
Powder Punk Girl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:22 pm

Post by Powder Punk Girl »

Scum get to look town by scum hunting in any variation of mafia.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:40 pm

Post by boring »

I know there's already a discussion going on, but if we can queue up for feedback, this is one I ran on my home site about 6 months ago. You'll see clearly that I know nothing about setup and balance -- I just thought this would be fun (my home site isn't a mafia site at all). It went completely haywire anyway because they had two incredible townies who solved it before the end of Day 1.

Doctor Who Mafia
5 VT
1 My name is Earl (I called it Rose Tyler)
1 JOATy thing (role in spoiler below)
2 Scum with Daytalk

Spoiler:
You are Doctor Who.

You are a Jack of All Trades. Each of your abilities can be used only once, regardless of whether they were successful.You have the following abilities:
1-shot Cop
1-shot Roleblocker
1-shot Bulletproof
1-shot Inventor*

*You have the power to create a sonic screwdriver, and give it to the player of your choice at any time. Your identity will not be revealed to that player.
If you give the sonic screwdriver to a human, they can use the sonic screwdriver for a 1-shot bulletproof ability on the night of their choosing.
If you give the sonic screwdriver to a dalek, they can use the sonic screwdriver for a 1-shot roleblock ability on the night of their choosing.

You may choose up to one ability to use each night, with the exception of 1-shot inventor, which can be used at any time and with any other ability.

I guess it was actually semi-open because I told town there were two "daleks", 6 humans, and JOAT-like PR. I also said there may be further unspecified abilities and roles.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:12 pm

Post by Antihero »

assuming your site has a meta for named townies (my name is earl), that looks pretty balanced to me
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:09 am

Post by chamber »

I think you need more than a joat and a named townie to make 2:7 balanced. Maybe I'm crazy though, haven't done as much with 9's as 13's.
Taking a break from the site.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:36 am

Post by boring »

In post 102, Antihero wrote:assuming your site has a meta for named townies (my name is earl), that looks pretty balanced to me
We had no meta for anything, really.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:03 am

Post by callforjudgement »

There are some roles which are capable of balancing a 7:2 by themselves (notably, Cop and Jailkeeper). The specific JOAT variant seen here is just slightly less powerful in a Micro than those two, and given that town have a little extra power, I can certainly believe this could be balanced.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:09 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 103, chamber wrote:I think you need more than a joat and a named townie to make 2:7 balanced. Maybe I'm crazy though, haven't done as much with 9's as 13's.
yeah what cfj said. the 2-7 ratio starts out a solid 10 points higher in town ev than the 3-10
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:36 am

Post by Firebringer »

Ur such a nerd, antihero
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:13 am

Post by boring »

thanks guys!
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:44 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 107, Firebringer wrote:Ur such a nerd, antihero
i'm not smart enough to be one of those but thnx anyway?
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:32 pm

Post by Ircher »

Town Ascetic Jailkeeper
Town Ascetic Roleblocker
Town Ascetic Tracker

Mafia Ascetic Encryptor.

10:3 Setup.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [Ongoing]
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:44 pm

Post by VysePresident »

In post 0, Firebringer wrote:You bring a Closed Setup in here.

Me and my crack team (I'll just yell at antihero and Radiantcowbells to help)
Decide if it's balanced.
Or if it's extremely unbalanced, town leaning, or scum sided.

Please don't bring a setup you plan on running.
Pref a setup that already ran.
You open to giving feedback on the balance of a Role Madness game that ran off-site?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:54 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 111, VysePresident wrote:

Decide if it's balanced.

You open to giving feedback on the balance of a Role Madness game that ran off-site?
Yes
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:56 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 110, Ircher wrote:Town Ascetic Jailkeeper
Town Ascetic Roleblocker
Town Ascetic Tracker

Mafia Ascetic Encryptor.

Scum sided.
The Town roles basically can't do shit.
Unless mafia ascetic gets lynched earlier it's going to be tough on town.
Show

mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:07 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 113, Firebringer wrote:
Town Ascetic Roleblocker
Town Ascetic Tracker

Mafia Ascetic Encryptor.

Scum sided.
Town roles are barely claimable, and prone to seeming counter claims, and the ascetic scum is op against all three town roles. Otoh when ascetic dies, town probably crushes if it's PRs are still alive. So basically super swingy on a single scum role.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:36 pm

Post by VysePresident »

In post 112, Firebringer wrote:
In post 111, VysePresident wrote:

Decide if it's balanced.

Yes
Heh, you poor, foolish lad.

I apologize in advance for what I am about to throw at you. This was the first game I ever created & modded, and well...it shows. (Particularly for the somewhat cringe worthy flavor - I lost all my notes due to my laptop dying, and had to rewrite/link everything at the last minute. It was less than fun.)

You probably don't have to read the Role PMs or anything, but I included them because you lynched me in LyLo just because I was Scum, and I will never, ever forgive you. :P (Also, I want to share the abomination that is the very last role PM, and all the in-jokes crammed into the links.)

TvTropes Mafia

Everybody was given the following information in a highlighted section under the rules. (#4 is just a roundabout way of saying I don't believe in using flavor to break a game, and have provided Safe Claims to scum & Town flavors that don't necessarily appear to be 'good-guys'. This was in counter to a trend at the time of expecting to break games via flavor that was thankfully very short-lived. I didn't even want that to show up in this game.)
Game Specific Information wrote:
-This game is confirmed to be multiball.

-If the opposing scumteams target the same player, their kills will be nullified & fail.

-X-shot powers that are blocked during the night may or may not be retained, depending on the power used to block.

-Attempt to outguess the mod at your own peril. This game has been balanced against certain game breaking strategies that have become popular recently.

-In the event of a tie between one or more factions, the rules are as follows: Town will win in the event of a 1v1v1 scenario. In the event of two or more scum factions having equaling numbers at the end of the game, with no Town members remaining, the faction that started with fewer players will be awarded the win. Any 3rd parties will automatically win ties, if such are relevant to their win condition. If none of the above conditions apply, and a winner cannot be determined, the game will end in a tie.
Town Roles

(Flavor - Role)

-1: Redshirt - Town Bodyguard
-2: The Cassandra - 2xAmnesiac Watcher
-3: Blood Knight - 1X Vengilante (Can either Day/Night Vig, OR Venge kill.) (48 hrs) (I may have blatantly stolen this from WDPT Mafia.)
-4: Mad Scientist - Inventor (Investigation, Roleblock, Protect, Commute)
-5: Evil Overlord - Motivator
-6: The Critic - 1X Sugar BP & Mason (with the Ascended Fan)
-7: Ascended Fan - 1X Cynicism BP & Mason (with the Critic)
-8: Boisterous Bruiser - Paranoid CPR Doctor
-9: The Sheriff - Jailkeeper. (Town)
-10: Intrepid Reporter - 3xCop
-11: The Coroner - Automatic Coroner
-12: Amateur Sleuth - Tracker
-13: Manipulative Bastard - Double-Voter
-14: ChessMaster - 1-shot Redirector

Spoiler: Redshirt
You awaken to see your well-worn uniform hanging by your bedstand, the proud garb of countless soliders before you. On the mantel rests a photo depicting two smiling faces. You know them as well as if they'd been by your side for the whole of your brief existence, and longer; a mother, a daughter, a family. Soon, you'll be returning home to them. You have a mere matter of days left until your job is done, after all.

You are the
REDSHIRT: Town Bodyguard

Bodyguard
- In a world where anyone can die, you just so happen to be the world's foremost authority on the subject. You may target a player during the night phase, and if that person is targetted for a NK, that kill will instead be directed to you. Use your power to die, so that the important people don't have to!

Or perhaps, just maybe, find a new path for yourself. Fate is no man's master. You have your vote & your voice solidier. Good luck!

Win Condition
You win when all threats to the town are dead and at least one person with this win condition is still alive.

The gamethread is here.

Spoiler: Ascended Fan
There's something to be said for just sitting back & enjoying a book without putting too much stock into every little detail. Maybe it's been a long day, and you just want to relax. Maybe you're looking for an adventure, a romance, a comedy. In any event, you are just as valuable as any of the characters in this play, and you've been given a chance to make a difference.

You are the
Ascended Fan: Town 1-shot Sugar BP & Mason

1-shot Cynicism BP
- Once during the game, you will survive any single, normal kill made with the
Cynicism
effect.

Mason
- You are Masons with The Critic: (Name Removed). You two hang around in the Bookclub, and may chat about the game there any time during the game, while you are alive.

As with any fan, you have your voice & your vote. Good luck!

Win Condition
You win when all threats to the town are dead and at least one person with this win condition is still alive.

The gamethread is here.

Spoiler: The Critic
Finding flaws in any work is a thankless job, one often maligned & disliked. Yet, sometimes, you've found that understanding a work makes all the more enjoyable. You love getting into the nuts & bolts of what makes a story work, and what doesn't. You're a master of reading between the lines, and here's your chance to use your skills for the benefit of everyone!

You are
The Critic: Town 1-shot Sugar BP & Mason

1-shot Sugar BP
- Once, during the course of the game, you will survive being targeted successfully with any single, normal kill using the
Sugar
effect.

Mason
- It's always good to get a fresh perspective on things, and sometimes, just have fun with a friend. You are Masons with the
Ascended Fangirl: (Name Removed)
, and may chat with them in the BookClub at any time.

Win Condition

As with any good critic, you have your voice & your vote, so don't be afraid to use them! Good luck!

Spoiler: The Sheriff
In a world gone mad, where murder runs rampant, and the Town is taking justice into it's own hands, somebody has to step up for the sake of law & order. Somebody has to stand up to the lawless bandits causing havoc in our fair Town.

That somebody would be you. You are
The Sheriff: Town JailKeeper.

JailKeeper - During the night phase, you may target a person to simultaneously Roleblock & Protect them for the night. Some of those hotheads ought to cool down a little, once they've had a nap behind bars.

X-shot roles blocked by your ability will retain their shot for a later night. Normal kills of all flavors will be blocked by your protection.

Win Condition

The gamethread is here.

Spoiler: Evil Overlord
Every story needs a good villain, and up until now, that villain has been you. To be honest, you've done a darn good job of it, if you do say so yourself. You've read the Evil Overlord list a thousand times, and have it memorized backwards, forwards, and sideways.

Except now, someone has dared to challenge your power. Will you let that stand?

You are the
Evil Overlord: Town Motivator

Motivator
- You know any Evil Overlord worth his salt has his (well-compensated, well-treated) minions handle the dangerous work themselves. As such, during the night, you may motivate one person by giving them a taste of the dark side. This will allow them two uses of any PR they might have during the next night.

Loath as you are to get involved personally, this new enemy has gone too far. Now you stand with the rest of the Town against the invaders. It's time they learned who the real king of this Town is, and always has been! (In a manner conducive to public order, loyalty, and prosperity of the average citizen, as these are the best ways to ensure a long & comfortable rule.)

Win Condition

The gamethread is here.

Spoiler: Amateur Sleuth
The game's afoot!

For all that you might be dismissed by your more polished official counterparts in the police department, you make up for your lack of training & money with your spunk & guts. That's why you've always stayed a step ahead of the police when it comes to actually tracking down the malicious evildoers in your tone.

You are the
Amateur Sleuth: Town Tracker

Tracker
- As Town Tracker, you may target a single player during the night to learn who they targeted that night.

Win Condition

The gamethread is here.

Spoiler: Intrepid Reporter
When Adventure calls, you answer! You sort through cryptic clues and anymous tips for breakfast.

You're the
INTREPID REPORTER: Town 3-shot Cop

3-shot Cop
- Three times during the game, you may target a single player during night phase to learn whether they are Town, or Non-Town. (Referred to as
Innocent
or
Guilty
.) You've never been one to let a scoop slip by, but you know that once you start digging, sooner or later the Mafia's going to get wind of it, and your sources will dry up rapidly.

Will you find the truth and go public with the story of a lifetime, and save the Town, or will you just be one more body left in a ditch? Keep your wits about you!

Win Condition

The gamethread is here. Get digging!

Spoiler: Coroner
You woke up knowing that you were just the man to go to, if there was a body just laying around in need of an autopsy. You're used to dealing with blood and gore, and can crack jokes even as you cut open the bodies, with a pleasant lunch break in between.

Eh, it's a living. Just make sure you aren't the next corpse.

You are
The Coroner: Town Automatic Coronor

Automatic Coroner
- Your knowledge of causes of death is unparrelled, as is your obsession with it. You automatically know what flavor of kill was used to NK all dead players. Options are
Cynacism
Sugar
, or
None

Remember, the living may lie, but bodies never do. Well, unless they're on the ground, eh? Eh?

Win Condition

The gamethread is here.

Spoiler: Blood Knight
Honor. Pride. Blood. Vengeance.

These words are more than your creed, they are your life. All your meaning is derived from them, and the mastery of the sport of combat. You don't fear the night, you relish it. If the cowards wish to fight in the dark, you'll gladly oblige.

You are the
BLOOD KNIGHT: Town 1-shot Vengilante

1-shot Vengilante
- Once during the course of the game, you may choose to either shoot any player, as either a dayvig* or regular vig shot,
or
, upon being lynched, you may take a vengeful shot at any players on your wagon. (You have 48 hours to submit this action following a lynch, or you will be considered to have targetted no one. If you are listed as AWAY when lynched, this time will be delayed up to 96 hours maximum.) *The Dayvig option requires you to post
KILL: (Target here)
in-thread.

Win Condition

The gamethread is here. Show them your wrath.

Spoiler: Mad Scientist
They called you mad, mad! A creator of abominations, a master of twisted inventions, a peerless genius without scruples.

The were right. (Well, maybe that last one was a bit of an embellishment of what they actually said but...well, it's not like it isn't true anyway, right?)

You're
The Mad Scientist: Town Inventor
. All you've wanted is a chance to see your inventions in action, and here's your opportunity! As the resident supergenius, you may send a single invention per night from the following list to a player of your choice. Best to let one of the many lab rats test out all your myriad of Phlebotinum on, right? Think of what would happen to science if you blew yourself up, after all!

- Those without any scruples of note will be able to use a
1-shot investigation
if they receive this invention! Now if only it would work more than once.

- Even the mightiest fear this small handful of pebbles! These grant a
1-shot Roleblock
to recipient of this invention, to use at their discretion. If this invention blocks someone using an X-shot ability, their shot will fail, and be lost.

- This concoction was made with only the finest, 100% organic maiden hearts, guaranteed* to give perfect** user satisfaction!*** This grants a
1-shot Doctor Protection
to be used by the recipient of this investigation. They may not self-target.

- They can't kill you during the night if you decide to just bypass it! The lucky beneficiary of this device is granted the use of a
1-shot Communte

Win Condition

The gamethread is here.

Spoiler: BOISTEROUS BRUISER
You ain't just any ordinary bar bouncer. You like things LOUD, because guess who's LOUD? Right, it's you! You're stronger than ten oxen, rougher than sandpaper, and eat scummy losers for breakfast! And guess who's gonna show these scumbags what a big mistake they just made?

You are! Because you are the
BOISTEROUS BRUISER: Town Paranoid Doctor

Paranoid Doctor
- If you're going to set things right, you oughta be patrolling the neighborhood during the dark hours, eh? Not like any of these sissies are going to do it for you. During the night, you may select a player to target. If that player is targeted for a normal NK, you will Protect that player from all harm. If they are not targeted with a NK, you will NK them yourself. Ya don't play favorites, and if they were suspicious for you to have to visit 'em, they probably got what they had comin' to them, see?

Win Condition

The gamethread is here.

Spoiler: The Chessmaster
Tropes are tools, and you know this better than anyone.

Sometimes, it takes more than luck to root out the enemy. Sometimes, it takes a person who can plan hundreds of moves in advance, somebody who can adapt to every trick & ploy your opponent will throw at you. You are that person.

You are
The Chessmaster: Town 1-shot Redirector

1-shot Redirector
- Once during the course of the game, you may use this ability to shift a player's night action to another target of your choice.

The game is set, and the pieces are in motion. All that's needed is the right player.

Win Condition

The gamethread is here.

Spoiler: Magnificiant Bastard
There's a certain charm in dancing the lines between the irredeemable & true magnificence. There's a joy to be found in seeing what others cannot, and then exploiting it to the fullest with your sheer charisma & cunning. in a way that others can only admire. Let's be honest, you might be a card carrying villain, and you cheat at solitare, but you do it with such
style
they can't help but love you.

You are
The Magnificiant Bastard: Town DoubleVoter

DoubleVoter
- Add a little weight to your opinion by placing a secret, second vote at any time during the dayby sending the mod a PM. This vote will be noted in the votecounts, but your name remains hidden. It cannot be used in either MyLo or LyLo, defined as being when any single Mafia faction would outnumber the Town.

Win Condition

The gamethread is here.

Spoiler: The Cassandra
As an insidious poison seeps from the shadows throughout the Town, you sit alone in a quiet garden, staring deeply into a silent pool of water. You see things there, visions, a gift granted by the gods. Of course, these gifts always come with a price, and the price you pay has been the mockery of others. Even as you look away, you forget all that you've seen, and who would trust a babbling prophet who can't even remember their own words?

You gaze deeper. You see the Town's destruction. You see it's salvation. Who can you trust? Who will listen? Who will hold onto the truth, even as it slips away from your own grasp like a dream?

You are
The Cassandra: Town 2-shot Amnesiac Watcher

2-shot Amnesiac Watcher
- You have been given the gift of great insights in the nature of things, and as such, twice during the course of the game, you may watch a target during the night to learn who visited them. These results will be sent not to you, but to a second target of your choice. (I.e. Watch Vyse, Send the results to President.) Failing to specify a target to Send to will result in the action not taking place.

Be careful. Search for those you can trust.. If this information were to fall into the wrong hands, the consequences could be disastrous. The Enemy will stop at nothing to prevent your information from ever seeing the light of day.

Win Condition

The gamethread is here.

Darth Mafia Roles

(Flavor (Safeclaim) - Role)

1: Hate Dumb (Ordinary Highschool Student) - Encryptor
2: Troll (The Gambler) - Bookie {1-shot each: Strongman, Watcher, Limited PGO (1 kill max, based on NAR), Dayvig (Contingent on #Players >= 11, Otherwise it becomes a 2nd Strongman Option)
3: The Tropeless (The Stoic) - Ascetic 2-shot 1-shot BP. (The Ascetic modifier does not protect against Passive/Day abiltiies, such as Watcher & PGO for the former, and DayVigs & Vengekills in terms of the latter. The 2-shot BP works against all kills, including the above, except for a Strongman Effect.)

(Safeclaims - Ordinary Highschool Student, The Gambler, The Stoic)

Spoiler: Hate Dumb
Perhaps you never cared for TvTropes. Perhaps it seemed dumb, or redundant, or too silly. It happens, and most people just move on. They just let it go.

Not you. You know better, but so few will listen. They want to believe so badly, they'll embrace their own stupidity rather than acknowledge your truth! So you've become the hero they need, rather than the one they so richly deserve. Now that you no longer care about TvTropes, you're here to spend hours of your life to save others from the path of idiocy, and bring them to the enlightenment you found so long ago!

You are the face of the
Hate Dumb: Darth Mafia Encryptor
. Your teammates are ???? (
2-shot BP Ascetic
) and ???? (
Bookie
) You may chat in the Darth Mafia QT during the Night, and at any time during the Day as long as you are alive.

Safeclaim
- Ordinary High School Student

Encryptor
- If you're good at anything, it's constantly harping on how much you hate TvTropes, and anything that has to do with it. As long as you are alive, you & your teammates may use the Darth Mafia QT at any time.

Win Condition
- You win your team equals or outnumbers the remaining members of the Town, and no opposing factions or third parties remain.

The game thread is here. For cynicism!

Spoiler: The Troll
Frankly, you don't give a darn about TvTropes one way or another, except in so much as they've recently earned your attention & of course, your undying contempt. You're just here for your own entertainment, and that's anything you can do to tweak the nose of the Fan Dumb. Stupid arguments are your bread, and the more people you drive away, the butter!

This just so happens to be a ripe target for your wrath, so fire away. Nothing can hold you back now.

You are
The Troll: Darth Mafia Bookie
. Your teammates are ???? (
Encryptor
) and ??? (
2-shot Bulletproof Ascetic
). You may chat with them in the Darth Mafia QT during the Night, and at any time during the Day as long as your Encryptor is alive.

Safeclaim
- The Gambler

[hr]

As the
Bookie
, you may target any single player during the night phase, including yourself. If that player is lynched during the following day, you and your team may select any 1-shot power from the following list to become an active factional ability, for anybody in your team to use, including after your death. Each ability may only be selected once during the course of the game.

Hero Killer
- Selecting this ability will grant your team the option to make the regular factional kill a
1-shot Strongman
kill. This Strongman kill will penetrate all forms of Protection and any Sugar kills that would normally nullify it. (See in the QT.) It can, however, be blocked or redirected.

Doxxing
- Implant a virus into the site code to observe any visitors to a certain page - or more technically, your faction gains access to a
1-shot Watcher

Paranoia Fuel
- Sometimes, paranoia fuel means literal fuel set to explode the first person stupid enough to target you. This ability gives your team access to a
1-shot PGO
This action may only target one person during the night - the priority is determined by the NAR. (Note that I've slightly modified the NAR such that Roleblocks are considered the primary blocking method. Roleblocks will block this ability, other blocking abilities will not.) In the event that two actions are equal on NAR, the person killed will be the one who submitted their action last. This acts as a regular, flavorless kill against protection.

Forced Ragequit
- Causing someone to ragequit from a stupid argument is next best thing to kicking puppies. This ability grants any member of your team the ability to use a
1-shot Dayvig
in thread, by typing in in bold -
KILL: Person
. This ability only works if the number of surviving players is equal to, or greater than
. If the number of players is less than 11, this ability turns into a second
1-shot Strongman Option

[hr]

Win Condition
- You win your team equals or outnumbers the remaining members of the Town, and no opposing factions or third parties remain.

The game thread is here. Let the bread & circuses begin!

Spoiler: The Tropeless
You are a paradox & an enigma. You should not be capable of existing, yet you do.

You have no hatred for TvTropes, for that is not in your nature. Does rust hate the iron it destroys? Does erosion have a will? You simply are. You are void. You are emptiness. You are what's left, when everything is gone. You only long to swallow everything within you.

You are
The Tropeless: Darth Mafia 2-shot BP Ascetic
Your teammates are ???? (
Encryptor
) and ???? (
Bookie
). You may chat with them in the Darth Mafia QT during the Night, and at any time during the Day as long as your Encryptor is alive.

Safeclaim
- The Stoic

2-shot BP Ascetic
- Thanks to your intangible nature, all non-killing actions targeting you will fail, as if they were blocked. Additionally, you will survive up to two normal kills directed your way.

Win Condition

The game thread is here. Make it be gone.

Sugar Mafia Roles

(Flavor (Safeclaim) - Role)

1: Entry Pimp (NinjaPirateZombieRobot) - JOAT {1-shot each: Commute, Roleblock, Redirect, Ninja - Ninja effect only applies if used when performing the scum NK.}
2: Fan Dumb (Mysterious Waif) - Modified Neighborizor {Can neighborize a maximum of one scumbuddy during the entire course of the game, and an unlimited number of other players.}
3: "Stop Having Fun' Guy (Exposition Fairy) - Jailkeeper
4: The Tropespeaker (Mad Oracle) - 2-shot RoleCop.

Spoiler: Entry Pimp
Sometimes, a wiki page just needs a little love. Sometimes, what it gets is a little too much love. There are people out there who tow the line for the Hivemind, at the expense of all creativity, and freedom of expression. (
Well, mostly just yours, because it's bad
.) You're no one's slave, and you're darned if you're going to actually follow those rules. They were stupid anyway.

Your are the
Entry Pimp: Sugar Mafia JOAT
Modified Neighborizer
), ???? (
JailKeeper
), and ????] (
2-shot RoleCop
). You may speak with them in the Sugar Mafia QT during the night & the first 96 hours of the first Day Phase only.

Safeclaim
- NinjaPirateZombieRobot

[hr]

As
JOAT
, you have access to the following 1-shot abilities. You may use a maximum of one normal ability per night. (This may be combined with performing the Factional Kill.)

Tab overload
- Good luck targeting you with any roles at all while you're in the middle of an entry pimping spree! I mean, your two hundred, thirty-one tabs are going to take at least the whole night! Use this to
Commute
for the night, causing all actions used on you to fail. NOTE: You may not perform the factional kill or any other actions while Commuting.

Egregious Potholing
- You can't resist getting as many in-jokes in there as you can. This is all well & good, except for the fact it potentially has the completely undesirable effect of sending someone looking for useful information on a wild goose chase. This ability acts to
Redirect
any night action your target might take to a second target of your choice.

Ninja Edit
- Nobody can compete with your editing skills! Got something you want to change? You're there & gone again before anyone is the wiser. This ability grants you the ability to perform a
Ninja NK
once during the game, instead of the normal Faction NK. This ability will be invisible both to Trackers & Watchers.

Wiki Walk
- Introduce a friend to TvTropes, and watch them lose all sense of time. This ability acts as a
Roleblock
, preventing your target from acting for the night, and in the case of X-shot roles, any shots blocked will be lost.

[hr]

Win Condition

The gamethread is here, and already in dire need of your help! Get to it, troper!

Spoiler: Fan Dumb
In a world filled with insane fan theories, and worse, even creators who support them, it pays to have somebody around to keep an eye on things. Where there is somebody wrong on the internet, there you will be as well, to combat the travesty formed by the trolls & other morons. Because you are the hero of this saga, and you stand for creativity & freedom of expression, against the forces that be. You stand strong, even against the creators themselves to make sure the work remains pure.

You are the
Fan Dumb: Sugar Mafia Modified Neighbor
Your teammates are
MK Kilmarnock
(
JOAT
),
RC
(
JailKeeper
), and
Decoy
(
2-shot RoleCop
). You may speak with them during the night in the Sugar Mafia QT.

Safeclaim
- Mysterious Waif.

Modified Neighborizer
- If anybody loves to talk about your personal pet theories & the like, it's got to be you! Use this ability to neighborize one person per night. You may only neighborize
one
of your scumbuddies for the whole of this game. You may neighborize an unlimited number of other players. Choose your friends wisely.

Win Condition

The gamethread is here.

Spoiler: Stop Having Fun
In a Town filled with countless noobs and scrubs of all varieties, you stand apart from the crowd.

You are here because nobody else can be trusted with such decisions. You're here to be the hero your story needs, not the one the other, less enlightened fans deserve.

To that end, you are the
'Stop Having Fun' Guy: Sugar Mafia Jailkeeper.
JOAT
), ???? (
Modified Neighborizer
), and ???? (
2-shot RoleCop
) They may be incompetent compared to yourself, but there's something to be said for numbers, supposedly. If you think it's worth your time, you may chat with them in the Sugar Mafia QT during the night phase, and for the first 96 hours of the first day phase only.

Safeclaim
- Exposition Fairy

JailKeeper
- During the night phase, you may choose one player to target. That player will be both protected from any single, normal kill & prevented from using any actions for the night. X-shot roles blocked by this ability will retain their shots for later use.

Win Condition
You win your team equals or outnumbers the remaining members of the Town, and no opposing factions or third parties remain.

The gamethread is here.

Spoiler: The Tropespeaker
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:26 am

Post by Ircher »

In post 113, Firebringer wrote:
Town Ascetic Roleblocker
Town Ascetic Tracker

Mafia Ascetic Encryptor.

Scum sided.
What about without the mafia ascetic?

Edit: Wait, I saw Smith's response. Gotcha.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:07 am

Town Ascetic Roleblocker
Town Ascetic Tracker

Mafia Ascetic Encryptor.

Scumsided but swingy. Town don't have enough power here to balance the game unless they get an early lynch (especially of the Encryptor). If town
do
do well early, the remaining scum are almost certainly going to get caught by night actions, because the fewer scum there are left, the harder it is for them to play around the town "target the player making the kill" roles; in particular, with two scum dead, town can confirm three townies per night. That said, if town don't do well early, their roles are very situational; the Tracker could get a guilty but probably won't, and they don't get any reliable innos (also scum could reasonably fakeclaim a protective in this setup in order to explain missing kills).
scum
town
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:16 am

Post by Ircher »

Town Ascetic Roleblocker
Town Ascetic Rolestopper
Town Ascetic 2-Shot Doctor

McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:42 am

Post by McMenno »

Does the rolestopper block kills?
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:43 am

Nowhere near enough town power (assuming Closed). If you're only going to give town three roles in a 10:3, they typically have to be pretty strong ones. In this particular setup, two of the town roles are protectives, and protectives scale in power with the players they have to protect; in this sort of setup they can only protect VTs, which is not exactly the strongest role. In fact, even if town pull off two protections and gain a mislynch, I suspect they're
still
behind average on nightplay.

As an Open, it's possibly balanced just due to the unique-role-is-confirmed-town effect, but would likely suck to play because that effect completely dominates the power of the actual roles.
scum
town
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:15 pm

Post by Ircher »

Town Tracker
Town Follower
Town Ascetic Jailkeeper

mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:17 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 121, Ircher wrote:Town Tracker
Town Follower
Town Ascetic Jailkeeper

Probably ok. Ascetic and jailkeeper can mess with the tracker/follower (ascetic if they target him, jailkeeper if he targets them) with nonzero chances of PRs getting guilties, and a SLIGHT chance of saving two nightkills. I suspect it's a very little bit on the scumsided for a mini normal, but otoh there are three legit claimable roles, each of which can be helpful. I think I'd pass it.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:04 pm

I disagree, it's still somewhat swingy, but mostly the issue is there simply isn't enough town power here. If you see a 10:3 with only 3 town power roles, you should be suspicious unless they're really strong. These aren't really strong roles. (Think of it this way: what are the chances that the town power roles will give away the identities of any townies or scum
at all
? I'd put the odds around maybe 60, 70%. In a balanced 10:3, you'd expect the nightplay to confirm at least three players.)
scum
town
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:01 am

Post by Firebringer »

I still need to examine vyse presidents setup...
Show

Return to “Mafia Discussion”