activity level is not a reliable scumtell

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:26 pm

Post by rb »

Psyche analysis best analysis
Powder Punk Girl
Powder Punk Girl
Goon
Powder Punk Girl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:24 am

Post by Powder Punk Girl »

If the player is known for being less active as scum then it's a more reliable tell than for someone you've never played with.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:10 am

Post by VysePresident »

In post 75, Firebringer wrote:
In post 74, Kmd4390 wrote:It's the logic behind what you are saying.
No.
everyone is scared of being scum
Lots of people don't like playing as scum and some hate rolling it, some are terrified it. I think everyone who has played scum know a time when they at least felt anxious to post when they were pressured, where they were like "What do I do, I am CAUGHT!" you might call this "fear" but I still experience it all the time, and I don't think I fear playing scum at all.

And its because of that anxiety that scum have hard time keeping up IMO. Also the fact they aren't required to post. I know for a fact there are moments I don't need to post as scum, but I would as town.

nobody has a life outside of mafiascum
Not sure the point of this. My thing was stating if your scum, your just going to not post at same times as you were as town and your probably going to post less. Has nothing to do with whats going in your life, but people might actually be more likely use RL to not post as scum, although you can say they might do same as town because some don't even like playing town.
everybody plays scum the same way
I keep going back and forth on this in my own mind. The strategy almost every scum uses is the same. The way they do it might vary, but its in no way as varied as I would see Town.

I think town are more wiling to experiment in the way they play the game.
Scum like to stick with the basics.
Just want to chime in to say, while the actual, practical difference is minimal, this is almost opposite to how I play.

As Town, I feel an immense pressure to be correct. (At least in between bouts of laziness) As scum, I can do whatever I want as long as I'm not lynched. The freedom of the latter used to be so evident in my play that if anyone had actually picked up on it, it would have been borderline to being an accidental trust tell.

Nowadays, they're a lot closer together, especially since I play a more distracted game as either alignment. Still, point stands. I'm comfortable as scum because I see it as having nothing to lose. (That, and I've never been mislynched as Town once. I'll deal with it when it inevitably happens, but I'd like to keep it going as long as possible. :P )
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:14 am

Post by kuribo »

I've often said my town game is The Ultimate Warrior and my scum game is Jake the Snake Roberts

Or maybe they're both Rowdy Roddy Piper
For context:
Town:

Scum:
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew

Return to “Mafia Discussion”