Weekend Inactivity

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:27 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 19, kuribo wrote:
In post 8, McMenno wrote:modkill the slot

Also if anyone backtalks you about it, modkill them too

And if anyone fails to speak up against your abuse of power, clearly they cannot be trusted and must be modkilled
If anyone mentions the abuse, call it backtalk.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:27 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

In post 24, davesaz wrote:Yeah, that's a great definition, but how do you tell the difference between mostly flaked and flaked?

The reason I was asking about point of view is about relative impact of different approaches. I agree it would totally suck to come up against hitting a fixed limit on number of prods and finding yourself replaced when you meant to come back, especially if one or more of them should not count due to a VLA or scheduled off days or clerical error. On the other hand it inconveniences at least 3 other people (2 players plus a mod) to have to wait for the chronically inactive to arrive and progress the game state. So a moderate amount of harm to one player vs. a smaller chronic individual harm to each of potentially 30+ people.
If someone isn't responding to prods or posting, they've flaked. If they are being prodded a lot, but are still in communication with the mod, they are still playing. I understand asking the latter example if they'd like to replace out, but forcing it on them doesn't seem right.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:40 am

Post by Plotinus »

If someone posts "I'll get to this later" once every 47 hours for 4 consecutive day phases then it's not fair to the other players in the game to have to deal with a slot who has generated no content and is empty and could be of any alignment. (The micro I modded that inspired my rule that I will prod even if someone has posted "prod dodge" in the last 48 hours, it was about 3 different town slots that had posted almost nothing but "I'm still here and I'll catch up soon" too often for me to prod them but that "soon" never came.)

re: OP, I like "saturday and sunday = 1 day" for prod purposes. It means someone who only has internet access at work can post on friday and monday and still be okay (as long as the monday post is earlier in the day than the friday one was.)
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:26 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

I'll get to this later guys
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:46 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2, Accountant wrote:Count weekend V/LAs as part of the prod timer. If they can't find enough time to make even 1 post a weekend(assuming a 48 hour timer) then they might not be the right fit for the game anyway. Seriously, all they have to do is tap out a quick "hey all, so and so is still scum, plz lynch" while they're heading to work or the beach or whatever it is that makes them V/LA.
I've seen mods counts weekends as one day for prod timers
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:26 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

I remember the good ol days where I would get prods in my inbox when I haven't posted over the weekend, as if the mods expected me to be anywhere near the game then!
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Fri May 05, 2017 1:15 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

I prefer 72hr prod-timers
balance among all things

Return to “Mafia Discussion”