Titus Academy: Article 1 - Town Cohesion

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 8:21 am

Post by Titus »

In post 74, Infinity 324 wrote:Not if all the wagons are on your townreads or nullreads.
Ok, so you mean your vote should be on the viable wagon you find scummiest even if it contradicts your own reads?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 8:24 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Yes.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 11:37 am

Post by rb »

HAPPy BIRYHDAU TziTuS <3<3
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri May 05, 2017 3:17 am

Post by schadd_ »

tinnitus
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: shaft.ed

zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri May 05, 2017 12:00 pm

Post by zakk »

Great, now I need to start zakkademy

Show you all how to play. :P
permanently retired

see here for more info
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2017 6:34 pm

Post by Tywin Lannister »

Mafia is a game of psychology. That's it. That's what it boils down to. Theres basic rules on what's the optimal play/move for various scenarios, which is what Titus is trying to get at here, but the rest is entirely based on the person's way of thinking and judging things.

It's like Jungian personality profiles. Every person of each type thinks and takes on information in their own ways. People can reach the same conclusions through different ways of thinking/thought processes. That's the stuff you cant teach.

You can't teach intuition to someone with a personality type that is very bad at it, the same way as someone with poor judgement skills based on their personality profile cant be taught that. It's a personal growth thing more than just a mafia thing.

What i find to be lacking in most players is that they're unable to recognize that everyone has different personality traits that make them naturally stronger at some things than others with opposite personality profiles. Both can be excellent players, but they are probably better at entirely separate things and weaker in others.

So what happens is some player sees themselves as the greatest mafia player ever and looks at someone of the opposite personality type and thinks they're the worst. That's not how this works.

Theres also the Dunning-Kruger effect happening with a ton of players who think they're the best thing since sliced bread, but they're actually quite poor at this. They never improve, because theyre blinded by ego. I wish everyone would stop pretending they know more than others and just realize the psychological aspects of it. Everyone is good at one thing (let's say reads as one example) and poor at others (let's say articulating those reads and pushing them to be lynched). So one person may have the best reads, but can't relate it to others in a way that is understood by other personality types. It's one example, but there are many out there with this or any other aspects. Maybe they have terrible reads, but know how to push them into mislynches. That player is probably good at scum and terrible as town. It is what it is. Nobody is a master at mafia.

To put it bluntly, this shit isn't a guidebook that can be truly taught beyond basic rules for optimal gameplay, and all rules have exceptions
Hikari Link
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2017 8:08 pm

Post by Hikari Link »

@Tywin Lannister: Yes!!! You fucking get it. I totally want to play a game with you at some point. Just don't orchestrate some sort of crimson matrimony on me.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2017 8:22 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Yeah that's a very good post :)
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 5:10 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

I probably post too much. Also I super agree with town cohesion. Balance, peace, etc, etc.

We all have our roles to play in the game, same as we do in League. We can have individual skill help us find scum but it won't matter in the long run if we don't use it to help the rest of the team to finish our team goal.

Although, it might be easy to forget that because there is no 'team wincon'.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”