Geriatric Players Club

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:22 am

Post by Korts »

In post 420, Mulch wrote:I see that you consider any criticism of your way of play bad faith
Nah just yours
scumchat never die
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:28 am

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 424, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 405, Aeronaut wrote:
In post 404, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Being predictive here and calling it that this might start a mass exodus that will hurt the site's activity. I like the ruleset, and games should be made for that. Heck, a whole sign-up could be made for that but I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm watchful of the indirect tagging and discrimination that comes with making lists of the people you avoid playing, and the separatist paradigm that comes with it. Let's call it what it is.
.... What?

Nobody is making lists of people to avoid playing with.
Making lists of people to avoid playing with has been on this site for...roughly 12 years now.
I meant that we weren't, not that other people don't.
In post 420, Mulch wrote:I see that you consider any criticism of your way of play bad faith

Not that I expected anything different; such is life
Mulch, you don't need to be here if you don't like this fun little ruleset. You especially don't need to be in our thread for finding games, as there's now literally three other discussion threads where you could continue to complain about it now. You're here intentionally commenting and making personal attacks for absolutely no reason. If you want to join a Geriatric game, then do so. Otherwise, nothing besides that belongs here.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:31 am

Post by Aeronaut »

I'm going to go ahead and say that anyone who wants to continue making complaints about this, should make it in one of the many complaint threads, or our
actual discussion thread
where you could be airing your "grievances" with this ruleset in a more objective / stats-oriented way.

This thread is for finding games, and that's it.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:23 am

Post by Mulch »

In post 425, Korts wrote:
Nah just yours
Because I’m the one that is criticizing first and loudest

Again, such is life
Amrock#3784
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:27 am

Post by Korts »

It's more about you being obtuse and disrespectful, rehashing the same unfounded arguments and refusing to acknowledge any counterpoints, and insisting on shitting up this thread when others have been made for you to post your complaints in.
scumchat never die
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:29 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Mulch, please don't post here unless you have something to contribute to the ruleset. Thanks.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:38 am

Post by Mathdino »

I'd like to be added to the end of the replacement queue for any geriatric games

Like, I'm not into geriatrics enough to actively sign up or take the spot from anyone else, but they're super easy to catch up in. So if you need a replace, and you think someone else will really want it, go ahead, but I'll be a backup.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:44 pm

Post by Porochaz »

I could be interested in coming out of retirement for a geriatric game or two.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Alisaes French Maid
Alisaes French Maid
Goon
Alisaes French Maid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:22 am

Post by Alisaes French Maid »

If joke posts aren't allowed in MD why is the geriatric player's club still a thing. Hmmm
Alisae is my master, if you have reason to believe I am misbehaving, please contact them.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:55 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

In post 432, Porochaz wrote:I could be interested in coming out of retirement for a geriatric game or two.
i thought you got clean poro now here we are debating if we should chase the dragon once more truly 2018 is a year of mistakes

if yall were to have a geriatric game run would you be interested in an open say like white flag or a mini-normal?
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
Napoleon III
Napoleon III
Townie
Napoleon III
Townie
Townie

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:37 am

Post by Napoleon III »

White Flag could be fun!

I also was thinking of running a Large Geriatric at some point if people would like that! (I guess I lied when I said I would never run one)
Geriatric Alt of Aristophanes

Vive la France!
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:44 am

Post by Korts »

In post 434, TheButtonmen wrote:
In post 432, Porochaz wrote:I could be interested in coming out of retirement for a geriatric game or two.
i thought you got clean poro now here we are debating if we should chase the dragon once more truly 2018 is a year of mistakes

if yall were to have a geriatric game run would you be interested in an open say like white flag or a mini-normal?
Absolutely. Gurgi is running a Grey Flag right now, and I'm gonna finish up my Mini setup for the review board this weekend, so that fits right in.

I'll also update the OP with new names and shit over the weekend. Thanks to everyone who expressed their interest!
scumchat never die
Gödel
Gödel
Goon
Gödel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:51 pm

Post by Gödel »

could there maybe be some kind of PM mailing list for when a new game enters sign ups? I would like to play in one but I am not sure which of the sign ups are still relevant, just no large games please.

EDIT: to include no large games.
Napoleon III
Napoleon III
Townie
Napoleon III
Townie
Townie

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:24 am

Post by Napoleon III »

In post 437, Gödel wrote:could there maybe be some kind of PM mailing list for when a new game enters sign ups? I would like to play in one but I am not sure which of the sign ups are still relevant, just no large games please.

EDIT: to include no large games.
Most games should be announced here, so if you Subscribe to this thread you should get all notifications :)
Geriatric Alt of Aristophanes

Vive la France!
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:16 pm

Post by Porochaz »

See what happens when you get drunk and post on MS...
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:38 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

If anyone notices an example where anyone actually playing in geriatric game ran out of posts... (in 24 hr day)
Id like to see the example. (id like to decide if was player in the game would have been glad they did...)

Also as i expect that quite possibly just isnt going to happen. (except to troll it)

Then if someone plays a game and wound up in situation where they found themselves even bumping up against the limit and needed to conserve posts for one IRL day and they think it had any real effect on their play.
Id like to see that.

TLDR: having played one non geriatric game and looked at my post counts and found the limit always looked along way away.
So I am curious what effect geriatric rules actually have apart from some people self selecting not to play.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:44 pm

Post by Mathdino »

I did in Chill Mafia in Lylo and maybe the day before

We were running a few fast paced gambits

Let me know what you think
Gödel
Gödel
Goon
Gödel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:45 pm

Post by Gödel »

In post 440, AxleGreaser wrote:If anyone notices an example where anyone actually playing in geriatric game ran out of posts... (in 24 hr day)
Id like to see the example. (id like to decide if was player in the game would have been glad they did...)

Also as i expect that quite possibly just isnt going to happen. (except to troll it)

Then if someone plays a game and wound up in situation where they found themselves even bumping up against the limit and needed to conserve posts for one IRL day and they think it had any real effect on their play.
Id like to see that.

TLDR: having played one non geriatric game and looked at my post counts and found the limit always looked along way away.
So I am curious what effect geriatric rules actually have apart from some people self selecting not to play.
I also don't think I have ever hit the limit, but I know in several games I played other players more than exceeded it and made it almost impossible for me to keep up.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:03 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Honestly unless someone has some form of need to post I think one should rarely run out of posts since the others won't be posting much either, meaning less to respond to.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:57 pm

Post by Korts »

Updated the OP with new names. If I missed anyone, let me know!

Also, the reviews on my setup are wrapping up. Updates soon, and I will also send a PM to everyone who pre-inned or expressed interest as soon as sign-ups start.
scumchat never die
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:20 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 441, Mathdino wrote:I did in Chill Mafia in Lylo and maybe the day before

We were running a few fast paced gambits

Let me know what you think
What I think in terms of the question i was pursuing.
Question: Given a larger sample of game situations are there any where my strategic options as town would be limited by post count. Eg if someone ran out did I think theyd been fluffing and failing to decide if their posts were worth making.

Thoughts re your game.

Short
You may have used 10 posts in one IRL day, but there were lots of days and hence posts left on the clock if you really wanted them

Longer
They were fast paced. AKA happened in one IRL day. There was lots of game day left.

If youd run out of ordinary posts there is a reserve.
And then there is always ... chillax and post again tomorrow, or the next day or the next or ....

So yeah counting became a thing you would clearly have done.
From my personal POV the game state did not reach a point where if I was you I would have felt my strategic play was limited by post count.

being close to the end of the game I would even have been quite comfortable dipping into the reserve. Both times.

My Conclusion:
So yeah if that game looks like a game someone would wan to play then playing geriatric games is (can be) for them
if reading the post fests that other games turns into gets them off then other games is (can be) for them.

I see nothing debilitating about geriatric rules. Ive also not seen anything i really would miss in an unrestricted game that geriatric rules would cut out.
In post 443, Gamma Emerald wrote:Honestly unless someone has some form of need to post I think one should rarely run out of posts since the others won't be posting much either, meaning less to respond to.
That was my impression playing in a game even where other people were unrestricted. Unless I engage in some chatty 1v1 I didnt see a need for 10 posts in one IRL day.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:18 am

Post by Korts »

FYI, reviews are complete, and sign-ups will begin after Team Mafia has completed.
scumchat never die
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:19 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

oh thank god.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:25 am

Post by Korts »

You thought I was going to flake on this, didn't you?
scumchat never die
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:28 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I'd like to mod a large theme under the geriatric rules (probably 15ish players)
green shirt thursdays

Return to “Mafia Discussion”