Geriatric Players Club

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
 
User avatar
Joined: August 05, 2008
Location: Sarasota, FL

Post Post #625  (ISO)  » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:21 pm

In post 570, insanity018 wrote:Maybe at the start, those players are joining because they're busy but think that they would be able to handle a geriatric game. Hopefully over time and after more geriatric games are run, they will be able to understand their limits and only sign up if they actually do have enough time to play.

Probably the best analysis done given the available information.

People without much time get excited to play mafia again and sign up for a game that promises not to have ridiculous 200+ pages of spam.
Sign up, but find out that they had less time to play than they originally figured. Self-correcting problem and serial flakes will be identified.

Instead of tracking wins/losses (like lol who cares?), we should be tracking if geriatric games have more/less overall instances of flaking and whether they encourage a greater diversity of players.
Occasionally intellectually honest

mastina
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: October 08, 2016
Location: Between Snohomish and Monroe, WA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #626  (ISO)  » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:15 am

In post 616, Mathdino wrote:Lynch All Lurkers
Edit: mfw that's not a wiki page i guess i'm fixing that at some point
Also Lynch All Liars.

LAL is an abbreviation used for both because both are policies people felt were worth enforcing:
If a player lurked, lynch them;
If a player was caught in a lie, lynch them.

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
 
User avatar
Joined: March 15, 2009
Location: Bull City
Pronoun: He

Post Post #627  (ISO)  » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:38 am

In post 600, Mathdino wrote:TBM, you neither represent the community nor an objective take on Mulch. It doesn't matter what your preconceptions are. I opened the discussion in an OPEN DISCUSSION FORUM in to revive the topic of "is geriatric townsided or scumsided, and why?" I opened that, knowing that Mulch might have input, and he provided input. This was what I wanted.

Quote the posts since I revived this discussion where you think Mulch turned it into a fight, treated others with disrespect, harassed anyone, or "shitting on" the thread.

actually

for my take

yes he does
get to know a reckoner

it's time for the CHIVE to ARRIVE

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
 
User avatar
Joined: March 15, 2009
Location: Bull City
Pronoun: He

Post Post #628  (ISO)  » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:39 am

In post 605, Mathdino wrote:I HAVE told Mulch to fuck off before. This was never a question of his character, or of my opinion of him. You brought that question back into the thread.

You pulled quotes from months ago instead of answering my question. There wasn't a single post he made after I opened the thread again for discussion, that was trolling, harassing, disrespectful, or otherwise toxic.

I asked for discussion. Mulch provided a reasonable viewpoint. You, among others, shot back with personal attacks that derailed it again, rather than even addressing the discussion. That is what turned this into a fight.

And if you're upset about this being turned into a debate, again, you should be mad at me, because I've been discussing the townsided/scumsided debate for the past few pages now. The ruleset is vulnerable to inactive mods and inactive players, and appears to be MORE vulnerable than average games on MS. That was the topic.

That quote happens to accidentally include Ari's which, incidentally, I agree with. I don't have a personal problem with you, but you guys are absolutely being the aggressors in this situation.

dino i like you
but im getting to understand why others dont

you have no dog in this fight
get to know a reckoner

it's time for the CHIVE to ARRIVE

Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
 
User avatar
Joined: April 23, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #629  (ISO)  » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:51 am

MS moderator right here folks :lol:

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
 
User avatar
Joined: March 15, 2009
Location: Bull City
Pronoun: He

Post Post #630  (ISO)  » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:53 am

there's a reason for that
get to know a reckoner

it's time for the CHIVE to ARRIVE

Firebringer
Trail Blazer
 
User avatar
Joined: June 29, 2015
Location: woofbringer
Pronoun: He

Post Post #631  (ISO)  » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:22 am

Mulch if you just stop shitting in this thread, you know people wouldn’t be mean to you, right?
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul

Firebringer
Trail Blazer
 
User avatar
Joined: June 29, 2015
Location: woofbringer
Pronoun: He

Post Post #632  (ISO)  » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:24 am

Getriatric games dont even make up 10% of mafia games that run on site
They aren’t some massive shift in site culture that will ruin mafia forever.

They are for small group of old guys who want to shout at each other very slowly

Let them go at their slow pace.
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul

Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
 
User avatar
Joined: April 23, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #633  (ISO)  » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:43 am

I’m literally answering mathdino

If you consider that shitting on a thread you’ve got a problem

TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
 
User avatar
Joined: November 17, 2009
Location: Cayke

Post Post #634  (ISO)  » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:51 am

You've been asked repeatedly to leave, this thread is explicitly about organizing games where people can avoid your playstyle, you were literally warned by a purple to stop. You won't stop.

Why are you even here, what are you trying to accomplish other then just relentlessly being a shit to people just trying to organize some games and have a good time, is that so terrible? Asking you to stop politely doesn't work, asking rudely doesn't work and trying to shame you sure as hell doesn't, at what point other then going to purples and getting you banned will you stop?
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up

Alisae
lolbalance
 
User avatar
Joined: October 31, 2016
Location: Cali~ (PST)
Pronoun: E (e/em/eir/eirs/emself)

Post Post #635  (ISO)  » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:59 am

Kicking someone out of a public thread
Lol good luck with that.
Ali Plays!
Feel free to approach me on discord: Alisae#3437
I wanna get to know an Alisae! Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3

TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
 
User avatar
Joined: November 17, 2009
Location: Cayke

Post Post #636  (ISO)  » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:02 am

Considering he was being such a shit that a purple stepped in the last time.

In post 430, Papa Zito wrote:Mulch, please don't post here unless you have something to contribute to the ruleset. Thanks.


I think you'd be surprised, it's happened multiple times before. I can think of a couple threads where Shea was removed from previously as well as Panzer off the top of my head.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up

Alisae
lolbalance
 
User avatar
Joined: October 31, 2016
Location: Cali~ (PST)
Pronoun: E (e/em/eir/eirs/emself)

Post Post #637  (ISO)  » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:07 am

huh I actually did not know that was a thing.
Ali Plays!
Feel free to approach me on discord: Alisae#3437
I wanna get to know an Alisae! Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3

Alisae
lolbalance
 
User avatar
Joined: October 31, 2016
Location: Cali~ (PST)
Pronoun: E (e/em/eir/eirs/emself)

Post Post #638  (ISO)  » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:08 am

Regardless, ywall should have a pm list or something to help organize these things, I don't know if that's a thing already but if it is then oh well.
That and /in-invitational or whatever, how did those even work because I think I mentioned it but no one responded to me on it so...
Ali Plays!
Feel free to approach me on discord: Alisae#3437
I wanna get to know an Alisae! Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3

TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
 
User avatar
Joined: November 17, 2009
Location: Cayke

Post Post #639  (ISO)  » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:09 am

You will notice a lot of us old timers are basically complete dicks but we at least had some common ground of if you can't say contribute something nice to the thread then piss the fuck off and stop raining on our parade. It allowed our community to function even though we all had the social skills of a rabid badger on a particularly ornery day.

Mulch is a parade rainer who has been asked to leave multiple times and he refuses.

What about him is defensible?
Last edited by TheButtonmen on Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up

Alisae
lolbalance
 
User avatar
Joined: October 31, 2016
Location: Cali~ (PST)
Pronoun: E (e/em/eir/eirs/emself)

Post Post #640  (ISO)  » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:14 am

In post 636, TheButtonmen wrote:Considering he was being such a shit that a purple stepped in the last time.

In post 430, Papa Zito wrote:Mulch, please don't post here unless you have something to contribute to the ruleset. Thanks.


I think you'd be surprised, it's happened multiple times before. I can think of a couple threads where Shea was removed from previously as well as Panzer off the top of my head.

Thats fair and I don't think ywall are being complete dicks ywall are just annoyed.
I mean I feel like I'm seeing some points where mulch isn't trying to start a fight and is trying to contribute but /shrug

Edit:Dunno why I had that quoted on my ipad but ok
Ali Plays!
Feel free to approach me on discord: Alisae#3437
I wanna get to know an Alisae! Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3

TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
 
User avatar
Joined: November 17, 2009
Location: Cayke

Post Post #641  (ISO)  » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:20 am

I believe my stance on anime (it's trash) and anime avatars (anyone using one should be banned) is fairly well established at this point but have you even seen me going to the Anime Discussion thread to shit on anime and insult the posters there? Absolutely not because for all that I'm a dick at least I draw the line at harassing people and trying to ruin their fun. If I'd very rightfully get a warning if I did and be removed if I continued.

Mulch is the kind of person who does do that and then will continue to repeatedly harass people outside of the thread too, hell he's the kind of person that will harass them outside of MS. He has zero respect for other people and then gets all huffy when people don't show respect for him.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up

Alisae
lolbalance
 
User avatar
Joined: October 31, 2016
Location: Cali~ (PST)
Pronoun: E (e/em/eir/eirs/emself)

Post Post #642  (ISO)  » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:29 am

Ok but like, there are points where Mulch is trying to add to the discussion like here.
In post 576, Mulch wrote:
In post 575, Alisae wrote:If you have the playerlist that doesn't post a lot but is extremely active, then there isn't a need for the geriatric ruleset.

Basicly, if Geriatrics want to play with Geriatrics, the need for the ruleset is negated.
If newer players WANT to play with Geriatrics, then there is a need for the ruleset.

Idunno if what I am saying makes sense but it makes sense to me in my head.


I understand what you are saying.

Consider 6 classifications
- Players that play/want geriatric but are engaged as good (Tier 1)
- Players that play/want geriatric but just lurk (Tier 2)
- Players that don't mind Geriatric, but are engaged and "good" (Tier 3)
- Players that don't mind Geriatric, but are "bad/disengaged"(Tier 4)
- Players that hate/do not play geriatric, but woulden't really ruin games/ are "good" (Tier 5)
- Players that hate/do not play geriatric and would hate it/ruin game (Tier 6)

Game full of 1=Ruleset not needed, would have a great game anyway

Game full of 1+2=Ruleset is bad, because lurking really hurts in geriatric games especially
Game full of 1+2+3= Ruleset is good, because it draws in Tier 3 that Tier 1 would not play with. The first situation in which the rulset is good is when non-geriatric players are actually playing.
Game full of 1+2+3+4= Would say a straight null, hard to tell here.
Games full of 1+2+3+4+5=Almost non existent, because 5 would never join. Nevertheless, although low in frequency, the rulset would have a positive impact because it draws in 5.
Games full of 1+2+3+4+5+6=Complete Disasters, probably. Geriatric ruleset does nothing.

----

and I'm too lazy to do the 6! combinations, but basically;

Tier 1 don't need it
Tier 2 it's bad
Tier 3 it's good
Tier 4 it's bad
Tier 5 it's good but infrequent
Tier 6 it's horrendous



Like I am getting your point, and I agree that he can purposely make enemies for ~reasons~
I just can't agree with the fact that he's not contributing other then to annoy people.
Ali Plays!
Feel free to approach me on discord: Alisae#3437
I wanna get to know an Alisae! Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3

Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 07, 2011

Post Post #643  (ISO)  » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:31 am

I didn't even know, TBM.

TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
 
User avatar
Joined: November 17, 2009
Location: Cayke

Post Post #644  (ISO)  » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:35 am

.....That post is literally him coming here us that the ruleset shouldn't exist and that games using it are bad.

I get that you guys don't like it, it's not for everyone and that's fine. MS is big enough for more then one clique of people, not everyone's playstyles will gel well together but man what's so wrong with live and let live. We aren't concerned that town EV could be hurt by it, we're stoked that our old friends can come back and play mafia with us. That's amazing, I get that you haven't been here for very long but surely there's some scummers you've really enjoyed playing with right? Wouldn't you want to play with them again even if it meant that potentially the rule set potentially could help scum? What do someone gain by coming to a thread that has literally no impact on them and being an arse?

Seriously it's boggling my mind that I'm the one having to explain playing nicely with others to people, you all need to go reflect on the fact that it's TBM telling you to show some basic decency to people.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up

Alisae
lolbalance
 
User avatar
Joined: October 31, 2016
Location: Cali~ (PST)
Pronoun: E (e/em/eir/eirs/emself)

Post Post #645  (ISO)  » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:40 am

TBM you're right but my point is I feel like he is adding to the discussion at points.
I personally would like to see him not get into fights here, like yourself.
But I think there are points where he IS trying to add to the discussion.

Pedit: Okay, you see that post as an attack, I see it as a contribution.
I made a post prior to that saying that the ruleset isn't needed and he quoted that and analyzed it.
Am I telling you that the ruleset is bad and shouldn't exist?
Because my point is the geriatric ruleset is perfect for newer players to play with older players.

Like I keep on mentioning /in-invitational/whatever its called and methods to organize but I'm not exactly getting a response here.
Like I'm all for invitational-esque games.
Because that is what it sounds like you are supporting.
Ali Plays!
Feel free to approach me on discord: Alisae#3437
I wanna get to know an Alisae! Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3

Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 07, 2011

Post Post #646  (ISO)  » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:44 am

In post 644, TheButtonmen wrote:Wouldn't you want to play with them again even if it meant that potentially the rule set potentially could help scum?


Yes.

TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
 
User avatar
Joined: November 17, 2009
Location: Cayke

Post Post #647  (ISO)  » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:45 am

In post 645, Alisae wrote:I made a post prior to that saying that the ruleset isn't needed and he quoted that and analyzed it.
Am I telling you that the ruleset is bad and shouldn't exist?


You absolutely are and I really don't understand why you're going out of you way to shit on people organizing games to play with their friends. However you at least show people respect, you aren't a serial harasser or bully. My first real impression of Mulch was from him stalking people from MS onto discord just to continue to harass them for doing things he disagreed with and it's only gotten worse since then. Like you do realize there's a reason some many people are hating on him right? We've seen how he treats people and have zero desire to spend more time with him.

I wish you'd stop raining on people parade for the crime of wanting to play silly internet games with their friends but I don't object to you even being allowed on MS. I do object to Mulch and will be extremely satisfied when he is eventually banned.
Last edited by TheButtonmen on Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up

Alisae
lolbalance
 
User avatar
Joined: October 31, 2016
Location: Cali~ (PST)
Pronoun: E (e/em/eir/eirs/emself)

Post Post #648  (ISO)  » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:48 am

Okay TBM I apologize for that, because that's not my intention. My intention is to help provide something constructive.
Ali Plays!
Feel free to approach me on discord: Alisae#3437
I wanna get to know an Alisae! Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3

TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
 
User avatar
Joined: November 17, 2009
Location: Cayke

Post Post #649  (ISO)  » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:53 am

We are all here to play a silly game on the internet, I don't like theme games but I'm totally okay with the fact that you do. I love tiny open micro's that you'd hate and that's fine too right?

It's the same for Geriatric's, some people will hate it, some will love it and maybe one faction wins a few more games then another but at the end of the day who really cares? We are a bunch of weirdo's playing a subpar party game on the internet with strangers if we're having fun doing it and getting a chance to play with some cool cats we haven't seen in a while then who's it hurting?

If you guys bump this everytime a game ends to try to prove that a bunch of internet nerds having a good time are causing scum to win more often then they should then I'd really question what exactly you're trying to accomplish when you're claiming to be productive.
Last edited by TheButtonmen on Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Mafia Discussion