mafia pt released on endgame

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:56 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 74, Zachstralkita wrote:Lol, no. It goes back to PTs are different

How? They're part of the game, they're events directly influencing a game, and thus should be an undoctored record of said game.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:57 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

I still think the name private topic is the wrong name for it.

The whole idea of the scum topic being a special bastion of privacy I think stems from an era of mafia play before it was possible to keep records of scum chat. (It's not that we were respecting the privacy of scum talk all the way back in 2008 or whatever, it just kind of ended up that way because we really didn't have the means to keep a record of scum talk.)
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:44 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

In post 75, kuribo wrote:
In post 74, Zachstralkita wrote:Lol, no. It goes back to PTs are different

How? They're part of the game, they're events directly influencing a game, and thus should be an undoctored record of said game.

Rather tangential point of argument I... probably don't even care to get into remotely. Cheers.

In post 76, Zachrulez wrote:I still think the name private topic is the wrong name for it.

The whole idea of the scum topic being a special bastion of privacy I think stems from an era of mafia play before it was possible to keep records of scum chat. (It's not that we were respecting the privacy of scum talk all the way back in 2008 or whatever, it just kind of ended up that way because we really didn't have the means to keep a record of scum talk.)

Changing it now because of the "definition" of privacy and the fact that everything that happens at all needs to be documented like a courtroom trial I guess makes very little sense at all and I doubt anyone would move for this besides the people who've been campaigning for it.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”