What annoys you in mafia posts RULESET PAGE 2

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:01 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

i think its a much bigger disservice to the mod and the rest of the roster when a player stays in a game they are not enjoying. It leads to town apathy and really unfun games way more than replacements do. My rule sets specifically encourage players to replace out for any reason if they are not enjoying the game.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:02 am

Post by callforjudgement »

I think the biggest problem is when people sign up for (or replace into) a game that they aren't going to enjoy in the first place. Once the player is in the game and not enjoying it, there are no good solutions.

Incidentally, if everyone or almost everyone is not enjoying the game, that would be a reason to abandon the game rather than replacing everyone. (I've been in one game where this actually happened, and another where it probably should have happened.)
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:10 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Thats fair, I just think that the way this site demonizes replacing out of games is actively harmful and leads to players staying in games when they ought not to, which makes games worse over all.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:12 am

Post by Creature »

I guess it's either keep a player that doesn't want to play the game or put another player that has almost no idea of what happened in the game.
Sigh
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:51 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 100, Thestatusquo wrote:i think its a much bigger disservice to the mod and the rest of the roster when a player stays in a game they are not enjoying. It leads to town apathy and really unfun games way more than replacements do. My rule sets specifically encourage players to replace out for any reason if they are not enjoying the game.
If I feel like I'm not going to enjoy a game of mafia then I don't sign up. When I sign up for a game and it turns out that I hate everything about it (Game state, roster, drama, etc) I force myself to do a hard reset. After putting some elbow grease into the game I always feel like, "The struggle is worth it" and my over all perspective improves. So yeah I had several games that were a chore to work through, but I don't regret sticking with it to the end. I've also never subbed out of a game of mafia (there were some close calls, and barring influences that are outside of my control I never plan to.

I can understand if you think I'm too serous about flaking from games. Though I'd say that its better for the roster as a whole to have players that care about the game. Like mafia is a foreseeable time commitment- everybody who plays regularly should know their limits before signing up for a game they don't have time for. :/
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”