Suggestions for combining Werewolf with a RPG!

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
ribblle
ribblle
Watcher
ribblle
Watcher
Watcher

Suggestions for combining Werewolf with a RPG!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:39 am

Post by ribblle »

Dungeon Crawl Classics is a Dungeons and dragons type game, except potentially played with 20 peasants trying to survive an adventure, controlled by one player each. Sound familiar?

Here are the problems. I need to decide how many players the werewolves get to kill. Most games end with some spare characters (more then 5), so 3? 4? In a 3 hour game, that's one assassination every 45 minutes.

Next, justification. The game takes place over 1-2 days, so murders can't just happen at night and they'd gang up on any werewolves. I could say "at dawn and dusk, a fog falls and the last thing you see is cheese thief's shadow throttling him" but it seems... inelegant.

Lastly, does this sound fun? I'd give my players fair warning and lift the "1 death a day" handicap from the villagers, but i feel like the whole thing could be more subtle. I was throwing around the idea of a secret goal for the "werewolves" which the players could catch on to. Not entirely sure what though.

Actually, the final problem is this; the finale. Once you've finally rolled up to the boss fight, our traitors will have their last chance to act. They could easily be stomped, and if they do nothing what was the point? There needs to be some kind of power scaling to keep it interesting at the end.

Thanks for reading, hope you've got some ideas!
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:41 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

I think an issue might come from not giving the peasants a collective goal?
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
Fenraiser
Fenraiser
Goon
Fenraiser
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:57 am

Post by Fenraiser »

https://www.reddit.com/r/HogwartsWerewolves/

Check this out. I think this one is combo of DnD and WW.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”