Policy Recommendation

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Policy Recommendation

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:15 pm

Post by chamber »

I don't see it in this specific game. However, it only took me playing in a single game with TheButtonmen to realize that playing with someone you spend any amount of time with IRL is going to cause some amount of bleeding of information to occur. I think its impossible to stop such bleeding, and that's what the whole premise of mafia is based on. As such, I recommend a policy change baring people that live together from {playing/playing, playing/moding} the same game unless as a hydra. At the very least it stops the appearance of such impropriety.

Post was edited
Taking a break from the site.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:47 pm

Post by Faraday »

Agree.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:47 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

I don't think I like the idea of going as far as a ban, but it's probably information that should be known to players before a game starts if players who live together are involved in the same game.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:42 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 2, Zachrulez wrote:It's probably information that should be known to players before a game starts if players who live together are involved in the same game.

I've been holding back both in the postgame and elsewhere despite the slander, but I wanted to make a few things clear, as I agree.

1: Each instance of us playing together has been DIRECTLY and EXPLICITLY approved by a skittle.
2: We do not make any attempts to hide or deny our martial status
3: In the event we are both players, we get explicit approval from the game's moderator as well. (This was most recently seen in Fakegod's Large theme)
4: In this specific case; the accusation made was of willful and direct cheating, which could have been done just as easily by having one of us in a dead or spectator thread. Or just asking around.
5: In this specific case, I was explicitly told it was investigated and nothing was found to be wrong
6: In any case where we are both involved in a game in any capacity, we go out of our way to never be at the PCs at the same time, I shift to posting from work and or the basement while she is not there, and her the same.
7: Both of us have a long history of replacing out the second we even THINK we might have gotten ANY compromising information from anyone, at any time.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:31 am

Post by chamber »

As I said, I don't see intentional cheating in this game. I don't think its impossible to live with someone and not have extra information be exchanged though. Like, I'm not talking about seeing someone elses role PM. I mean you just have a discussion in thread and then see each other a few minutes late. Don't believe for a second you get nothing from that.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:35 am

Post by Tammy »

I think you're looking for a problem that doesn't actually exist.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Sunlit Diamond
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:38 am

Post by Sunlit Diamond »

I'm not a fan of policy for policy's sake, and that's what this sounds like to me.

I'm also wondering exactly how much time people think couples who live together RL spend regurgitating online mafia games, because my guess is very little to none.
Bipolar • ADHD • Call me Sunny • GTKAS
May your past be the sound of your feet upon the ground - carry on.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:41 am

Post by chamber »

Doesn't require them to talk about any?
Sunlit Diamond
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:43 am

Post by Sunlit Diamond »

Nah, see, the thing is- there are other things that impact a person's moods, and if my hypothetical partner was acting funny the last thing on earth I'd expect them to be acting funny about is mafia, even if we were both playing in the same game, because RL trumps internet every time.
Bipolar • ADHD • Call me Sunny • GTKAS
May your past be the sound of your feet upon the ground - carry on.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:49 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 4, chamber wrote:As I said, I don't see intentional cheating in this game. I don't think its impossible to live with someone and not have extra information be exchanged though. Like, I'm not talking about seeing someone elses role PM. I mean you just have a discussion in thread and then see each other a few minutes late. Don't believe for a second you get nothing from that.

If that happens, and that's a big if, you replace out. But it's a problem that doesn't really exist that you're trying to make exist.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:57 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 5, Tammy wrote:I think you're looking for a problem that doesn't actually exist.
I mean if we get there, we might as well start banning people who have good metas on each other from playing together too.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:09 am

Post by zoraster »

If you wish to make an allegation of cheating -- which is something the listmods and I take very seriously -- please do so by PM. A public MD thread that does so is not appropriate. I understand the post was designed to talk about a general policy, and I appreciate that discussion. But doing so in a way that will obviously lead to discussion about whether cheating occurred in this specific instance serves no purpose.

Thread is locked.

Feel free to make a thread that is more general about the potential issues of those living together and we can better focus on the relevant issue without getting mixed up in a specific instance. I think it's a worthwhile discussion to have, and we can lay out how we've approached it.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”