November is Blitz Month in the Mini Theme Queue!

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:25 am

Post by T-Bone »

With the holidays coming up, I wanted to do something special this year. What could be more special than a themed month for the Mini Theme Queue!

Rules

Beginning Nov. 1st, and ending Nov. 30th, there will be a third lane in the Mini Theme Queue specifically for Blitz games. This fast track lane will run alongside the normal aspect of the queue, so for a limited time, we will have three games open to sign-ups.
Blitz games must also be Mini Theme games. This means they have to have 13 or fewer players, and the NRG will not be responsible should anyone desire a Normal Style Blitz. Please refer to the OP of the queue to adhere to Mini Theme guidelines.
Blitz games will be pulled from the queue if more than 48 hours pass without a unique new sign-up.

Possible Questions

Is this going to be a permanent fixture in the Mini Theme Queue?
No, we are not starting a Blitz queue, nor will the fast track continue after Nov. 30th.

What if I want to run a Blitz game after the event?
- You already can run a Blitz game any time you want in the Mini Theme Queue.

What are the rules of a Blitz game?
- It varies, but the hallmark of a Blitz game is short day and night deadlines. Typically this is a max of 96 hour day phases and 24 hours night phases, but a game moderator has the freedom to shorten those deadlines or use a bankable deadline system.

When can I sign-up?
- The fast track will be pre-seeded with a few Game Mods...but all other Game Mods and Players will be able to sign-up beginning Nov 1st.

What happens if there are still games in the fast track queue after Nov. 30th?
- Those games will be rolled back into the usual queue system on Dec. 1st.

Can I run more than one game in this way?
- No. Moderators must still adhere to Mini Theme moderation requirements. A moderator can only run one game at a time.

Other questions?
- You can ask them. There will be an announcement in Mafia Discussion as well, but for everyone who pays attention to the Mini Theme Queue, this is a sneak peak.

----

Game Announcements

The following games are pre-seeded into the Blitz Queue. The first game on this list will enter the Fast Track on November 1st, and be available for sign-ups then. Please contact the individual moderators to pre-/in to a game. Each Moderator is allowed up to 6.

----

Moderator:
Varsoon
Game Name:
Protomen Blitz
Flavor/Mechanics:
Based on the Protomen's Megaman-inspired Rock Opera, this game features heavy flavor derived from both music and the Megaman universe. The primary mechanic of this game pits town between winning with either of two different factions--will they expunge the terrorist Dr. Light and destroy his creations or will they overthrow the tyranny of the Dr. Wily?

Deadlines:
96h Days/24h Nights
Your Experience:
Final Fantasy Tactics Mafia, as well as many others.

Current Modding Commitments:
None
Reviewed By:
None (as of now)

Back-Up or Co-Mod:
None

Number of Players:
Hydrae:
Yes

Restrictions:
Anyone is welcome.

Is it possible your game has any of the following bastard roles or mechanics?
No.

Titus
Game Name:
League of Legends UPick of Doom
Flavor/Mechanics:
Setup Design to be made after picks
Your Experience:
A lot
None
Reviewed By:
Setup not designed
Back-Up or Co-Mod:
None currently, but European/Asian people interested please PM due to Blitz nature
Number of Players:
Hydrae:
Only silent hydrae that are disclosed. (Meaning one person posts and the other coaches from behind the scenes and the mid can observe all chats in real time on discord or skype. Blitz does not allow for effective two posting hydras. Hydras can never sub-heads either.)
Restrictions: None, but for hydra restrictions. WotM in effect. Players may PRIVATELY request WotM.
Players submit 3 picks and I will generate the setup. I may modify picks due to overlap or game cohesion but I plan not to (and that's why 3 are submitted). The picks can be any concept, item, champion, map or anything else.

The setup will almost certainly have at least 9 town and 3 mafia. The final slot can be any alignment but probably not cult.

Moderator:
T-Bone
Game Name:
A Howl at Midnight Blitz
Flavor/Mechanics:
The game will revolve around the secret Sleeper Agent....a member of the town who is secretly a werewolf. No one knows who this player is (not even the player himself), and will only be revealed if the werewolves attempt to eat this player. Other roles may or may not exist to go along with this theme/mechanic.
Deadlines:
72h Day/24h Night
Your Experience:
n/a
None
Reviewed By:
None
Back-Up or Co-Mod:
None
Number of Players:
Hydrae:
No
Restrictions:
None
It will be possible for the Sleeper Agent to have a mid-game alignment change, but that's it.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:33 am

Post by Titus »

Do feel free to pre-in by PM for the League of Legends Upick. I have 4 of 6 right now. To finish your pre-in, you do need to submit three picks. They can be anything related to LoL.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!

Return to “Mafia Discussion”