Mafia Vote Count Bot

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Mafia Vote Count Bot

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:35 am

Post by ironstove »

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the place to put it, but I don't know if MS currently has an automated method for counting votes. None that I'm aware of at least.

On a different forum I am on which I play mafia, I created a semi-crude vote-count bot that runs on the client side that utilizes chrome web driver + python to parse through a game thread and keep track of votes for the host.

Additional functions the bot can also do are post vote counts on demand from any user, and declare when hammer has been reached.

If there is interest or support from the staff on implementing this, I can modify the existing code to fit for mafia scum.

However, by support what I mean is I would ideally like to explore the idea of eventually moving the bot to run server-side rather than having the hosts download the bot on their end and run it to count/display votes. The reason I created the bot client side on the forum I am using is because the site-admins were providing no help to implement the bot on the back-end.

Back-end support would make the bot run more smoothly, require less updates/maintenance/bugs due to the removal of the chrome webdriver layer. I would however require a bit of guidance if the back-end is not in django or some python/javascript-related platform
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:55 pm

Post by vonflare »

thesp made one a while ago, but it's external. A backend votecounter would be invaluable, if it works and the admins approve.

http://www.robandkriskris.com/votecounter/
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:04 pm

Post by Alisae »

Mathblade is working on one
Psyche is working on one
The more the merrier
GTKAS
| here.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:04 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

If you're interested in doing dev work for the site in general (including this project) PM me with your email and I can get you invited to the developer slack where we can hash out more details. I'm obviously not an admin, but I'm an active member of the dev team.

(That goes for anyone else as well)
beefycheese
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:25 am

Post by MathBlade »

PM sent :)
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:04 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Would it be possible to develop browser add-ons for this? I remember another site having custom add-ons for its mafia community.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:11 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 1, vonflare wrote:thesp made one a while ago, but it's external. A backend votecounter would be invaluable, if it works and the admins approve.

http://www.robandkriskris.com/votecounter/
I used this back when I modded. It is great, the only issue is if someone spells the name of the person wrong, or shortens it, the bot will not pick up the vote.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:12 pm

Post by PokerFace »

^or the bot will pick it up as a vote for someone else.

I use thesp's bot to
review
my counting. Not make the calls for me.

I count the votes then run the bot to see if I missed anything. As you mod the game, you can correct spelling errors and that will fix the bot's errors if there be any.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:26 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

*Thanks thread topic*
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:50 pm

Post by Alisae »

GTKAS
| here.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2018 8:56 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

I hope this tool is implemented soon. That’s really one of my main frustrations with games on here, not being able to check the current votecount often enough.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly

Return to “Mafia Discussion”